View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2018, 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Tusk Raider! New hero announced! 
Mini-Boss

Wow! This is the last thing I was expecting today. It's gotten me really excited about the game again. It doesn't look like it's a preorder, meaning it's available now. While the price is high, I don't think it's unfair given how big he is. I wouldn't mind a steady stream of releases each month. He is quite the monster too! Very interesting to have a hero character that can attack his friends! I emailed them to see if I could combine this with my Sweetheart Candy order to save on shipping. I wouldn't mind waiting until April for them. What are your thoughts on this new figure?

March 1st, 2018, 10:31 pm
Denizen

I see this very differently. It's slightly insulting to release side Super Dungeon projects while many are waiting the Kickstarter production to start and being delivered. Anyway they do what they must. I'm not a target audience anyway for expensive, store exclusive resin models. On a positive side, these continuous releases may provide to be an effective cure for "completionist curse".

March 1st, 2018, 10:52 pm
Mini-Boss

I don't know how all the production and stuff works on their end. To make it worth it with the value we got, they probably have to do everything in a bulk batch. So it's kind of all or nothing with the Legends materials. A little release here and there would be nice to have I think.

March 1st, 2018, 10:58 pm
Denizen

I am leaning heavily towards buying that huge(ly expensive) hero. A dwarf riding a walrus feels very much like he belongs in this game. I am having a little sticker shock, but I certainly don't feel insulted by the release. It's not like this is the first thing they've released since the Legends Kickstarter ended.

I'm definitely past being a completionist. I have passed on several things already (although I do kind of wish I had pledged for the WOTF minis, and I may pick up the new Roxor at some point). I just really like that dwarf on a walrus.

March 1st, 2018, 11:43 pm
Mini-Boss

If you want the WotF minis, try emailing info@sodapopminiatures.com. I was able to get in on it afterwards, maybe only 2 months ago. There might still be time especially if they are still waiting on manufacturing.

March 1st, 2018, 11:46 pm
Denizen

I bought the model as fast as I could log into Paypal! :D

I’m Super (Dungeon) Excited! :P

March 1st, 2018, 11:48 pm
Mini-Boss

I have to wait til payday tomorrow, but he's as good as bought!

March 2nd, 2018, 12:32 am
Mini-Boss

Man, I really like that model!

I am going to have to get it, despite that it is a bit expensive. Hard pass on the new Candy, but I must have this!

March 2nd, 2018, 12:56 am
Mini-Boss

myself wrote:
Let's count how many chibi heroes they released as limited store unassembled resin: Twilight Knight, 3 Takoashi girls, Sweetheart Candy, Tusk Rider... and to come: WoTF cosplay, SoTC chibi... in fact Super Dungeon looks like Arcadia Quest with exclusive/limited models now. Forget the idea to have everything, at least non-USA fans. I can live without these individual models, because the collection quickly will be drowned by excessive quantity of heroes with some almost never used to play.
With card information of Tusk Raider, better use it as alternate profile for Deeproot Wolf Raider. Just change the abilty name to "Angry Wolf".

Tusk Raider is more expensive than one Super Dungeon Arena box. I don't count they re-relase it in plastic like Wyrm Claw Exemplar. Fellow USA backers, go go spend money on the multi-part resin webstore limited models to help the company to deliver the pledges! Twilight Knight already back to stock, but at $19,99. Takoashi girls' price already been updated, it means that ladies will back soon to stock also. Go go go spend money, USA backers!

America First!!!

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

March 2nd, 2018, 12:57 am
Denizen

Nephastus wrote:
myself wrote:
Let's count how many chibi heroes they released as limited store unassembled resin: Twilight Knight, 3 Takoashi girls, Sweetheart Candy, Tusk Rider... and to come: WoTF cosplay, SoTC chibi... in fact Super Dungeon looks like Arcadia Quest with exclusive/limited models now. Forget the idea to have everything, at least non-USA fans. I can live without these individual models, because the collection quickly will be drowned by excessive quantity of heroes with some almost never used to play.
With card information of Tusk Raider, better use it as alternate profile for Deeproot Wolf Raider. Just change the abilty name to "Angry Wolf".

Tusk Raider is more expensive than one Super Dungeon Arena box. I don't count they re-relase it in plastic like Wyrm Claw Exemplar. Fellow USA backers, go go spend money on the multi-part resin webstore limited models to help the company to deliver the pledges! Twilight Knight already back to stock, but at $19,99. Takoashi girls' price already been updated, it means that ladies will back soon to stock also. Go go go spend money, USA backers!

America First!!!

WHY in the hell has this twit not been banned yet?

March 2nd, 2018, 2:45 am
Mini-Boss

Lizardman wrote:

I think he's actually Deke. (reaches to rip rubber mask off....)

March 2nd, 2018, 3:23 am
Mini-Boss

I just hope that this Tusk Rider actually comes with the bedroll as shown. ;)

March 2nd, 2018, 3:41 am
Denizen

for an extra $60 you can have one for your wolf rider. :lol:

March 2nd, 2018, 3:43 am
Denizen

I'm still chuckling at the hilarity of a DEX based dwarf hero. I mean this is a way to make it work.

March 2nd, 2018, 4:45 am
Denizen

sleepy_laughter wrote:
I'm still chuckling at the hilarity of a DEX based dwarf hero. I mean this is a way to make it work.

Haha, he has a harpoon, it's legit.

March 2nd, 2018, 5:08 am
Minion

Is this Tuskraider part of the Frostbyte Reach region?

Are we starting to get stuff from there in the shop?

IIRC the Frostbyte level box was supposed to come straight to the store without doing KS route.

So the plan now might be to get the SDE 2.0 box (finally) into stores/backers, get the SDE:Arcade and Pet parade (finally) into stores/backers and put the Frostbyte into stores right after that.

I hope the Frosbyte region dragon won't be resin like Tuskie here. I don't fancy paying something like $60 for it... That is bit too much even for me...

March 2nd, 2018, 10:23 am
Mini-Boss

Lizardman wrote:
Nephastus wrote:
myself wrote:

America First!!!

I ask the same about you, "dude"!

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

March 2nd, 2018, 12:52 pm
Moderator Ninja

Lizardman wrote:
Nephastus wrote:
myself wrote:

America First!!!

I don't ban people for having opinions no matter what I think of those opinions.

That said, I do ban people for personal attacks. J tend to give lots of warnings first though.

Friendly reminder to everyone, keep it civil.

March 2nd, 2018, 4:54 pm
Minion

Foxwhisperer wrote:
Is this Tuskraider part of the Frostbyte Reach region?

Are we starting to get stuff from there in the shop?

IIRC the Frostbyte level box was supposed to come straight to the store without doing KS route.

So the plan now might be to get the SDE 2.0 box (finally) into stores/backers, get the SDE:Arcade and Pet parade (finally) into stores/backers and put the Frostbyte into stores right after that.

I hope the Frosbyte region dragon won't be resin like Tuskie here. I don't fancy paying something like $60 for it... That is bit too much even for me...

Yeah it was. This, the Halls of Lich Lord level box, tile pack and Frosty the Dragon. Given they had the retail concepts for those many moons ago, safe to assume the 3d sculpt for this might have been done ages ago, but was shelved when the KS got delayed again...and again...and again.

As for pushing it to resin, and making it SPM store only.....TBH I dont see it as the worst idea ever! Oh, the price is far too much for me, even when compared to other resin miniatures on the market. But when you factor in the cost it takes to tool a plastic mould (I would high-ball it at around $20000), you need 500 units sold at $40 just to cover the mould, let alone other materials, production, shipping and profit margin! Or 875 at $25 a piece (my ideal price point for it). Lets be real here...would they ever shift that many? And if they push them out to retail, how many would languish until a clearance sale? And I've no idea if the Chinese factories might demand a minimum unit production, so if they can produce cheaper moulds and have smaller prod batches then its probably for the best.

As for making individual heroes SPM store only.....I was thinking they should have done this anyways! Case in point, my local FLGS went kinda heavy into Ninja-All Stars: got Core Sets (all sold), got multiples of all 6 Clan boxes (all sold) and a smattering of Clan Heroes/ Ronin....and some are still languishing on their shelves. Can see it with similar games too: Imperial Assault, Core set and large exp always sold out but inundated with indiv mini packs, Rum & Bones Ive not seen for ages but the extra char trio packs are dotted round the place, Zombicide has dozens of tile packs and extra zombies but I had to order the Black Plague Core set as they hadnt got it in for ages, it just sold out immediately.

With the (hopefully) imminent arrival of SDE 2.0, I think they should push more for the larger boxes to retail and these smaller individual releases as online only. Combine the Level packs and tile packs into fuller Level packs, most likely people would only buy the Core Set and larger exp packs and skip the indiv heroes/mini-bosses.....or at least make "Hero Packs" of 4-5 figures for $60-$70 (with option to grab indiv ones online)....would love to see this for when Legends arrives to fill in the "gaps" in the miniature line (Dwarf magic users, Human Rangers, Necromancer/Witches in general. Means there is less risk when you dont have to make thousands large production runs to ensure every FLGS that orders gets 1 or 2 of each, even if it ends up not selling.

But....and here is the biggest bugbear the vast majority of us have...they NEED to sort out some way to get stuff outside America for a reasonable price! Either small distribution centres (literally just some small warehouses unit in Europe/Asia/S. America/Australia) that have a pile of stock and send the regional orders...I mean this is Global Industry 101 stuff. Or if not that, then do talks with some regional online retailers to sell the online exclusives internationally from them, thats literally just a small bit of their warehouse and their existing ordering structure in return for not turning a large portion of your consumers away with the BS shipping costs.

And they need to get it sorted soon...because if SDE 2.0 and Relic Knights launch this year...is there even a guarantee anywhere outside America will get them? Some big relaunch of the brands. Last parts I saw here were Beatrix and scarecrow, and only spotted them in Germany year and a half ago!

March 2nd, 2018, 8:07 pm
Mini-Boss

Well I got him! I really hope he comes soon so I can get started painting this bad boy!

March 2nd, 2018, 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next