View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 17th, 2018, 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 $40!?!?!?!?!!! 
Mini-Boss

dsdrew924 wrote:
This has me angry. There was no warning, no pre order, just BOOM HERE IT IS AND GO! ANNNNNNNNND its gone. Wanted one? Too bad.

Poor Sodapop, they just can't win!

Most people were screaming and getting insulted because they felt the price was too much, and now here you are upset because they ran out of stock too quickly! :lol:

Not knowing their full situation, I feel that they probably ran a small test batch, to see if they would sell. My impression is that they cannot afford to have product in stock that they are not selling right now. I think money is getting tight.

March 5th, 2018, 4:12 pm
Bottle Cap

I mean, if they sold fast they don't have any reason not to make and sell more right? We should see them again hopefully?

March 5th, 2018, 5:14 pm
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
dsdrew924 wrote:
This has me angry. There was no warning, no pre order, just BOOM HERE IT IS AND GO! ANNNNNNNNND its gone. Wanted one? Too bad.

Poor Sodapop, they just can't win!

Most people were screaming and getting insulted because they felt the price was too much, and now here you are upset because they ran out of stock too quickly! :lol:

Not knowing their full situation, I feel that they probably ran a small test batch, to see if they would sell. My impression is that they cannot afford to have product in stock that they are not selling right now. I think money is getting tight.

Haha, yeah, Me personally, I don't spend my money on a lot of things, SDE is one of the pleasure items I do spend money on. So I don't mind splurging here and there. I get people's complaint about the price, its a pretty bad price point, considering the price point of all their other mini BOXES.

But me personally, I'm upset about the lack of communication and the lack of stock.

March 5th, 2018, 5:35 pm
Mini-Boss

If ND/SPM have some plan to re-release it at retail in plastic like happened with Wyrm Claw Exemplar ("the Mountain" kobold), probably I going to buy one grumpy dwarf with his angry walrus. While it not happens, I going to make one ALT card for Deeproot Wolf Raider with "Angry Wolf" instead of "Angry Walrus".

I hope they don't do the same with the sapphire dragon Hoarfang suddenly release him in re$in, otherwise my plan to have all dragons will be abandoned. If they plan to make one special combo of Frostbyte tile set with Hoarfang and their creeps in assembled plastic I'll just scream "shut up and take my money!"

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

March 5th, 2018, 5:45 pm
Denizen

To be fair, they're making more. They didn't expect people would jump on it that fast. I was a little shocked to see it sold out in five days, but obviously, so were they. But they're making more.

The cost is high, yes. But it's not a gouge. They're casting these in the US, and that means they're going to be expensive. If they were in China, they could do them for half the cost (or less), but they would take an extra six months to get here and the quality would be lower. Plus they're made in the USA, and I'm more than happy to pay extra to support business not leaving the country.

I didn't move fast enough to get one out of the first batch, but I will be all over it when they come back.

March 5th, 2018, 5:48 pm
Mini-Boss

House Siren Enforcer is already out of stock! :shock:

* The art of wait.

March 5th, 2018, 5:49 pm
Denizen

i like the angry wolf proxy idea!

March 5th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Mini-Boss

https://twitter.com/ninjadiv/status/970702818490265601
May I stay with hope about Hoarfang?

* The art of wait.

March 5th, 2018, 6:06 pm
Denizen

Just got a reply back from SPM.

The first run was a limited run, (im guessing to gauge demand), he will be returning to stock in the near future.

So get your wallets ready to burn!!!

March 5th, 2018, 6:50 pm
Mini-Boss

I think there's always been a bit of a split in their audience, and these recent releases look like a way of making that split work.

Group A- We can't spend forever assembling minis! Make them come pre-assembled. And make sure they play right when they're unpainted!

Group B- Why can't you make the minis come unassembled? They're so much easier to clean or convert.

The SPM folks have a background in miniatures gaming- they're firmly in Group B. But Group A is a very important market segment (everyone knows Tom Vassel has sworn to never assemble a mini again).

Resin is the best material for miniatures painters. You get fantastic detail, and really crisp edges. PVC is the best material for gaming- it is extremely durable (paint seldom chips off).

At this point, I kind of see SPM creating a line of "special edition" resin minis (similar to Kingdom Death). If you're a reasonable gamer, missing out on the resin linup isn't a big deal (there are plenty of heroes to play, and most of the crossovers don't really match the SDE setting perfectly anyway).

The people who lose out are mostly the people who believe in the "all or nothing" camp but don't really care for resin (either because it is more expensive, or because they don't like assembling minis).

By the way- SPM now have at least two resin casters (they're using both for Way of the Fighter). I honestly have no idea which of them is doing the new Candy or Walfus- and it may very well be a third caster.

March 5th, 2018, 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I am in a sort of hybrid group - I enjoy assembling minis for some games, and then for other games it's just too much trouble. Also I get super glue all over my fingers when I do it.

I would be OK with regular releases of LE resin minis, as long as it's not more than one a month. I don't mind paying more for high-quality minis cast in the US. I love me some Super Dungeon plastic, but some really sweet resin minis with killer details would be welcome every now and then.

March 5th, 2018, 8:15 pm
Mini-Boss

I like assembling minis, and would rather have everything unassembled. Coming from a Warhammer background, my favorite thing was modeling my dudes. It was great to have my army look completely unique compared to a similar army. I'm really craving a set of multi part chibi heroes that you could assemble in different ways. For Legends, that would be cool so you can have low level generic heroes to start with.

March 5th, 2018, 8:22 pm
Minion

eternaldream wrote:
I like assembling minis, and would rather have everything unassembled. Coming from a Warhammer background, my favorite thing was modeling my dudes. It was great to have my army look completely unique compared to a similar army. I'm really craving a set of multi part chibi heroes that you could assemble in different ways. For Legends, that would be cool so you can have low level generic heroes to start with.

Would be nice, like to see some figures filling in the race/class gaps (Dwarf caster, human ranger, Cat warrior, Celesetial anything), with a variety of separate weapons depending on what you want.

March 5th, 2018, 9:21 pm
Denizen

eternaldream wrote:

Hell yes! That would be amazing! It would be even better with options for arm choices, weapons, heads, and assorted other stuff.

Man now I really want that. Somebody Kickstart this idea! Not SPM, obviously. But somebody.

March 5th, 2018, 9:26 pm
Denizen

With the SDE:L game mode letting you create your own character, I do wonder if they'll come out with a hero kit that basically lets you do that.

March 5th, 2018, 11:01 pm
Mini-Boss

InfinityMax wrote:
eternaldream wrote:

Hell yes! That would be amazing! It would be even better with options for arm choices, weapons, heads, and assorted other stuff.

Man now I really want that. Somebody Kickstart this idea! Not SPM, obviously. But somebody.

Hero Forge's chibify might make that unnecessary.

March 5th, 2018, 11:01 pm
Mini-Boss

How do I work the Chibify thing? Do I need to be invited or have backed the KS? Can I just do it now?

March 5th, 2018, 11:07 pm
Mini-Boss

I believe it is still in closed beta

March 5th, 2018, 11:21 pm
Mini-Boss

Well that stinks. I was hoping to take a look. I don't know if it would be worth the price to order a bunch of models and chop them up for parts. Or if they are even on the same scale as SDE.

March 5th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Denizen

Hmm. Not a lot of detail on those, and depending on what I want to do with them, I might still have to mod them. I'm also not sure about the resolution at SDE sizes. Also some questions about scale.

But it will do for now until someone Kickstarts my idea.

March 5th, 2018, 11:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next