View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 20th, 2018, 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 World Of Super Dungeon Explore-Craft Officially kicked off 
Denizen

Hey Ya'll;

So tonight the official start of the campaign took place with the Escape of Stilt town. An Alchamist, A Chevalier, A Shaman, and A Tabbybrook mage fought long and hard to escape the beginnings of the spreading necromantic powers, only to have Von Drakk try to stop the heroes before escaping. With no princess coins left and all heroes down to one or two wounds, they landed a superior crit and escaped his clutches!!!!

After returning to the city of Haven (Working name, waiting for rest of group so we can name the city something "Us") they had acquired new quests to free some trapped heroes in the clutches of a fiery dragon. The group returned with luck in their favor as their attack and defense chances seemed to be exceeding all expectations. There, they would rescue and Starguild Sapper and A Deeproot Wolfrider to add to their guilds!

SO far the group is in love with the campaign style I have written for the game. I am in talks wit Topher now on how to expand it to everyone outside my play group, this way if anyone, anywhere world wide wants to follow the story and participate in a wild adventure campaign. You can do so, even in Europe, Canada, Australia, doesn't matter.

Anyway, really excited to see how things develop! More to come soon!

Also expanded fluff going in the fiction section in the next few days.

-Drew

March 1st, 2018, 5:04 am
Denizen

Keep it up! I’m sure a lot of players would love to get their hands on campaign materials. I’m alre talking with another SDE player with about us both putting our campaigns out there, utilizing SD:Legends rules and balancing them so that a character could (for instance) finish her campaign and step into mine.

March 1st, 2018, 2:15 pm
Denizen

Holy Cross wrote:
Keep it up! I’m sure a lot of players would love to get their hands on campaign materials. I’m alre talking with another SDE player with about us both putting our campaigns out there, utilizing SD:Legends rules and balancing them so that a character could (for instance) finish her campaign and step into mine.

Thanks for the encouragement. Word spread in the local gaming group and I got a few text messages of people asking if they can start their own characters tonight. So that might be happening hahaha.

Im super proud of it.

Every summer I do a warmachine/warhammer/gaming BBQ of some sort. This year is going to be Super Dungeon explore. I'm going to have 4 tables set up. One with a special festival, two with special themed dungeons and one with PVP/Battlegrounds. Then through out the day, well drink beers, play games, at the end of the day, just hang out by the fire and laugh. Totally stoked.

If you are in the New York Area, you are more than welcome to join us. (edit: Just saw you were in cali, so if you happen to be in new york this summer lol)

March 1st, 2018, 4:05 pm
Denizen

I appreciate the invite and it sounds like a riot! I’ll be in California this summer then moving to Texas (unless the military changes its mind) in July. If I’m ever out that way I’ll hit you up.

Meanwhile I’m looking forward to seeing the materials for your campaign!

March 1st, 2018, 5:05 pm
Denizen

dsdrew924 wrote:
Every summer I do a warmachine/warhammer/gaming BBQ of some sort. This year is going to be Super Dungeon explore. I'm going to have 4 tables set up. One with a special festival, two with special themed dungeons and one with PVP/Battlegrounds. Then through out the day, well drink beers, play games, at the end of the day, just hang out by the fire and laugh. Totally stoked.

If you are in the New York Area, you are more than welcome to join us. (edit: Just saw you were in cali, so if you happen to be in new york this summer lol)

Dude that sounds amazing. I wish I were anywhere near New York, but Texas is too far to commute.

March 1st, 2018, 5:25 pm
Denizen

InfinityMax wrote:
dsdrew924 wrote:

Dude that sounds amazing. I wish I were anywhere near New York, but Texas is too far to commute.

Where in Texas are you?

March 1st, 2018, 6:14 pm
Denizen

InfinityMax wrote:
dsdrew924 wrote:

What do you mean, its just an expensive plane ride away for a day of SDE? hahahaha.

March 1st, 2018, 7:09 pm
Denizen

Holy Cross wrote:
Where in Texas are you?

Dallas area. I grew up in Orange County, though - graduated Huntington Beach High and Long Beach State.

March 1st, 2018, 7:37 pm
Denizen

InfinityMax wrote:
Holy Cross wrote:
Where in Texas are you?

Dallas area. I grew up in Orange County, though - graduated Huntington Beach High and Long Beach State.

Nice! My current orders are to Fort Worth Texas (just a bit west of you) this July. We should definitely play some SDE:Arcade/SD:Legends!

March 1st, 2018, 7:40 pm
Denizen

Absolutely! I actually live in Arlington, halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth. Fort Worth is like 20-30 minutes away, depending on traffic and how far into the city you are. PM me when you get out here and we'll set something up.

March 1st, 2018, 10:31 pm
Denizen

Awesome! Right now I’m considering getting a place in Saginaw. I’ll let you know!

March 1st, 2018, 11:27 pm
Mini-Boss

Sounds cool! I know you were tinkering around with a custom ruleset and such. Are you gonna post it for us? ;)

March 2nd, 2018, 2:22 am
Minion

The BBQ sounds like fun. I wish I could do something like that, but unfortunately my gaming buddies have moved away over the years. If you have any events or quests that are short and extremely fun let me know. My kids are still too young and impatient to play a game that last more than an hour. On the other hand my wife has been willing to play longer games of SDE with me. Any quest that could be played by as little as two heroes would also be very welcome. My wife has a hard time keeping all the abilities straight and playing multiple heroes can be rough if you are still somewhat of a newbie to the game. I have really liked what you have put out so far and can't wait to see more. I just wish I lived a little closer so that I could play a game with other SDE enthusiasts.

March 2nd, 2018, 8:12 pm
Denizen

GoblinMage wrote:
The BBQ sounds like fun. I wish I could do something like that, but unfortunately my gaming buddies have moved away over the years. If you have any events or quests that are short and extremely fun let me know. My kids are still too young and impatient to play a game that last more than an hour. On the other hand my wife has been willing to play longer games of SDE with me. Any quest that could be played by as little as two heroes would also be very welcome. My wife has a hard time keeping all the abilities straight and playing multiple heroes can be rough if you are still somewhat of a newbie to the game. I have really liked what you have put out so far and can't wait to see more. I just wish I lived a little closer so that I could play a game with other SDE enthusiasts.

I think if you modified the new SDE Arcade 2.0 to go only to the first Miniboss then made him the “boss fight” 2 heroes on 2 tiles would be a great bite-sized game for you and your wife.

Where in the world are you btw?

March 2nd, 2018, 8:23 pm
Ninja Corps

Holy Cross wrote:

Where in the world are you btw?

Not sure if this is accessible outside of the Ninja Corps (and props that active members should join for their areas!) But we had a member start a google.map locator previously. Please check.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 999996&z=3

March 3rd, 2018, 2:02 am
Mini-Boss

Cool! I added myself. I guess I'm representing Ohio now. I wish there were more gaming clubs and stuff near me. When I lived up in Cleveland there were a bunch, but not many down here near Cincinnati.

March 3rd, 2018, 2:08 am
Ninja Corps

Ugh! I was in Dayton until moving out to IA. Missed opportunities!

March 3rd, 2018, 4:14 am
Mini-Boss

I haven't really been focused on working with the SDE:L rules. I have some coworkers who wanna learn d&d, so I'm using the minis and world from SDE, but the rules from 5E.

But I think that what I have planned will still work for actual Legends

March 3rd, 2018, 4:22 am
Minion

To answer your question Holy Cross I am located in Blackfoot, Idaho. Before anyone says anything about me being in the same state as ND they are on the other side of the state which is about a four hour drive away. I have tried numerous times to start a group at the closest gaming store in another town about a half hour away, but for the most part if it isn't Warhammer or Magic nobody wants to play. Plus everyone thinks it isn't manly to play with cute Chibi minis.

Currently my wife and I usually only play to a mini boss and not the dungeon boss. I was just wondering if any fanmade quests that were specifically designed for smaller parties had been created or if they had all been designed with larger parties in mind. I had also been curious if any quests that younger kids would really enjoy had been created.

March 3rd, 2018, 6:17 am
Denizen

GoblinMage wrote:
To answer your question Holy Cross I am located in Blackfoot, Idaho. Before anyone says anything about me being in the same state as ND they are on the other side of the state which is about a four hour drive away. I have tried numerous times to start a group at the closest gaming store in another town about a half hour away, but for the most part if it isn't Warhammer or Magic nobody wants to play. Plus everyone thinks it isn't manly to play with cute Chibi minis.

Currently my wife and I usually only play to a mini boss and not the dungeon boss. I was just wondering if any fanmade quests that were specifically designed for smaller parties had been created or if they had all been designed with larger parties in mind. I had also been curious if any quests that younger kids would really enjoy had been created.

Man I know that struggle... I got into Warhammer because it was the only way to get my tabletop fix in. That said, once I established a group of 40k friends it was easier to rope them into SDE. However it’s not cheap to get into.

Once I get to Texas I’m gonna try starting an SD:Legends group. Might have to break out my Space Marines for a few games first though :P

March 4th, 2018, 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next