View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 22nd, 2018, 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Sweetheart Candy (February Exclusive) 
Minion

I am a sad pass on this one. I really like the card and the model and am incredibly happy with the TW and Takoashi's I previously got. Though the cost is higher than I'd like, it's not a deal breaker, but I'm still waiting on WotF Chibis and the Legends Kickstarter so it's hard to justify buying more right at the moment.

Definitely looking forward to seeing some awesome paint jobs from the folks that do grab her.

February 17th, 2018, 11:21 pm
Mini-Boss

I decided to go for it when it was announced. While things aren't going great, they never really do, I have had a minor interest in income, to a point where a little debating i decided to spoil myself.. I'm a sucker for cute and bows. In the UK, if you can get them, normal SDE booster pack figures are £12-£13. This one works out as £14-£15. So for a special edition, that's minor. Shipping and handling is a little iffy but it works out to about £10 for First class to the UK.. that's not too bad when you look around. Annoyly it's almost the price of the figure but not too bad. I had $8 off with some ninja points too. Hell, if i look at ebay for american importing for booster packs, i'm look at way more then that ($14-$16.. or some git, $73!). Finding people/stores that have already imported it to the UK gives a much cheaper shipping of course, but that's not too bad..

Also, seam to have had some.. good luck with Import duty of lack.. got an item from China, came in about a week for normal cheap shipping with no-import and it wasn't a light weight toy.. and also got a VHS board game (again, not light) from america, took a little bit longer but not too bad, and again, no import.. probebly because the current Uk import and customs is a bit better. Needs to be over £18 for import VAT (they weren't, and this figure isn't) and over £120 for Customs duty, which again, it isn't. So i shouldn't have any problems (legends will mean about a 2.5% Customs duty and VAT arould 20%.. most people in the UK, if they check, know the main fee problem Isn't customs or VAT but Royal Mail (Parcel force)'s handling fee. This is a FIXED rate of £8 for Standard Parcels and £13.50 for express.. you don't get a choice though. unless you are ordering big, this can be the deal breaker.

anyway.. Had a bit extra, wanted to treat myself, VAT, Customs and import shouldn't be much of a problem.. Not too bad price either when you think about it. So i'm fairly happy.. Lets see how things go.. I kinda hope the pieces are Main body-Bow-Head. from the look of the sculpt, that would be a good brake down for painting.

================

February 18th, 2018, 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

you got lucky it's £18 including Postage . also when they do hold it customs will be something like £8 or less for that amount BUT the courrier company are legally allowed to charge you an 'admin' fee for paying it which can be anything from another £8 -> £20 or 5% which ever is more.

February 18th, 2018, 8:57 pm
Mini-Boss

No, they aren't. Depending on the company. Fedex (uk department anyway) will speed up import by getting it to you faster and then changing the clearance admin fee. This is NOT legally inforceable unless they ask you first, which they don't. E-mailing them about the issue when they try to do you for it, will result in you only having to pay any VAT, and not the admin fee. It's not legal that you have to pay it in such a case. Parcelforce/royal mail fee is inforceable and you have to pay because you need to pay it before you can get your order, but if they bill you after the fact without telling you. While the corrier CAN charge you legally cause it's a service they are doing, they can't really inforce it unless they make it known. As Fedex charge you without telling you or giving you any information with no agreement to any terms and conditions, you are not liable to pay any fee in that case. Check around for 'Fedex Clearance fee' for information.

EDIT: Oh and as Parcelforce say, there clearance admin charge is only payable when VAT or Duty needs to be paid. There are methods to even challenging Parcelforce for this, but these are slightly harder and not really worth it (Depending on your situration). As of the new changes near the end of 2017, things have changed a bit so i'm not really expecting any extra fees due to the total cost. Of course, things can change. Have to wait till april to show either way

================

February 19th, 2018, 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Hi I just wanted to let all European collectors know that Archonia might be able to order a Sweetheart Candy at a price of 25-30 Euro. I had asked them via contact email and they responded quite fast within 24hrs.

Might appear expansive at first sight, but within the EU you would save full customs (import VAT) and the shipping is at least to Germany with another 5 Euro probably way cheaper. I will combine my order with other expansions which are hard to get, so she would have a quite reasonable price for EU residents.

February 22nd, 2018, 8:05 am
Denizen

Interesting if Archonia is able to get Sweetheart Candy in their offering. If you still reply to them, you could ask about Takoashi and Twilight Knight miniatures that are sadly Soda Pop Miniatures Store exclusives. If Archonia gets House Siren Enforcer + Twilight Knight and they have some other expansions available at the same time, I might order from them. 20€+ for a single miniature is probably a little too rich for me, though.

February 22nd, 2018, 7:40 pm
Minion

I already made my Sweetheart Candy order from the Ninjapop store, so this is a bit late for me.

I got $4.40 off from the shipping (because I had some ninjastars or whatever), so the total is $29,59 for me. This low cost sometimes slip through the customs without any charge, so I will see if I get to pay customs or not.

It's a bit costly for a single mini, but it's something to tide me over while I wait for the KS to ship (any day now!?)...

I found the Iron Golem in Philibert for a total of €39.90 (incl. shipping) that is on the way to me (should be arriving today) and because it shipped within EU, no customs charge for that. Yay!

February 23rd, 2018, 9:26 am
Ninja Corps

So a last call email was sent out by SPM and it included picture showing the back of the card. From it I could see...

Have a Heart:

A model with Have a Heart benefits from hearts rolled on a failed action as well as a successful action.

Uh new uber healer?

February 28th, 2018, 11:27 pm
Minion

ape2020 wrote:
So a last call email was sent out by SPM and it included picture showing the back of the card. From it I could see...

Have a Heart:

A model with Have a Heart benefits from hearts rolled on a failed action as well as a successful action.

Uh new uber healer?

Or subtle message? :lol:
I'm just kidding!! Please don't shoot me?... 8-)

March 1st, 2018, 5:24 am
Denizen

nah thats next month's not so subtle 'april fools candy!'

March 1st, 2018, 11:59 am
Mini-Boss

ape2020 wrote:

Have a Heart:

Uh new uber healer?

Yeah- I can see handing her all blue gear even if she has reds available.

March 1st, 2018, 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Blargh! She's gone one day!

http://sodapopminiatures.com/new-releases/tusk-raider

March 1st, 2018, 9:05 pm
Denizen

ape2020 wrote:

Have a Heart:

Uh new uber healer?

Now I read this as,

A model with Have a Heart: Okay, so candy has that rule.

benefits from the hearts rolled on a failed action roll as well as a successful action: So She gains the benefits since she has the key word.

Is anyone else reading it that way, or is she can take them and dole them out.

March 9th, 2018, 6:09 pm
Ninja Corps

dsdrew924 wrote:
ape2020 wrote:

Have a Heart:

Uh new uber healer?

Now I read this as,

A model with Have a Heart: Okay, so candy has that rule.

benefits from the hearts rolled on a failed action roll as well as a successful action: So She gains the benefits since she has the key word.

Is anyone else reading it that way, or is she can take them and dole them out.

Basically she can use hearts rolled in a failed attack as if the attack sucessiful. That means she can use them or dole them out. So with a 3 blue range attack she can sit back and safety blast away fishing for hearts.

March 9th, 2018, 6:18 pm
Denizen

ape2020 wrote:

Basically she can use hearts rolled in a failed attack as if the attack sucessiful. That means she can use them or dole them out. So with a 3 blue range attack she can sit back and safety blast away fishing for hearts.

Thanks for clarification, much appreciated.

March 9th, 2018, 7:16 pm
Minion

Do we have any word on when these are shipping? I know pre-orders closed in February, with an April delivery date, but I haven't seen or heard anything specific, and being manufactured here in the states, I would assume it shouldn't have any hold-ups.

So... Anyone heard anything?

April 6th, 2018, 12:34 am
Denizen

I think their Twitter has a response to someone that they’re in progress for April still. It’s a little slower than they expected bc they said they got a lot of orders.

April 6th, 2018, 12:59 am
Denizen

I can’t find the comment now. It was either Facebook or twitter on a post not related to candy iirc

April 6th, 2018, 1:06 am
Denizen

"Lawrence Jones Lawrence the Marketing Guy here from Ninja Division.

Sweetheart Candy was even more popular than we expected! But, she is in the mold-making process and will be shipping out end of April, beginning of May at the latest due to the time it takes to print so many of her loveliness. She's on her way!"

April 6th, 2018, 9:49 am
Denizen

<3 growley

April 6th, 2018, 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next