View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2018, 5:55 pm



Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Sweetheart Candy (February Exclusive) 
Author Message
Ninja Corps
User avatar

Joined: March 25th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Posts: 2463
Holy Cross wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
Usagi wrote:
If "fear" and "rage" are what you feel when it comes to choosing to buy a game accessory, it is a red flag, but not for the company. Thats more of a "you" problem then it is a publisher problem.

Why do you think that? Please elaborate. You really don't think it's a bad thing for a company if customers stop to trust said company?
Are you saying it's the customers' own fault they stop trusting the company?
And please don't start with the usual "vocal minority". Of course it's a minority, but it's way bigger than it should ever be for a smooth sailing company.

Or are you purposely misinterpreting the words "fear and rage" to literally mean shivering in horror and throwing furniture while screaming?
You do realize in this context the words mean "uneasiness if an order will ever arrive" and "dissatisfaction that the new course will cost a lot more money to keep up".


I think Usagi is just being snarky. Don’t let it get under your skin.


That and the repose to "hey, it's valentines day soon! here's a fun valentines LE" is literally "how DARE you??". Like, gt over it. it's a holiday mini for fun. People are treating itlikeit's some sort of pivotal cash grab with the survival of the company hinging on it, and they are maliciously not doing a mass worldwide distribution of it.

It's literally a small release, for collectors. If you're a collector and don't think it meets our cost/benefit ratio, cool, don't get it. But don't act like you are somehow owed a better deal because of circumstances outside of the companies control. That's just petulant and smacks of "if I can't have this fun, no one should be allowed to".


February 7th, 2018, 6:46 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2014, 10:03 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Camp Pendleton, California
Usagi wrote:
Holy Cross wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
Why do you think that? Please elaborate. You really don't think it's a bad thing for a company if customers stop to trust said company?
Are you saying it's the customers' own fault they stop trusting the company?
And please don't start with the usual "vocal minority". Of course it's a minority, but it's way bigger than it should ever be for a smooth sailing company.

Or are you purposely misinterpreting the words "fear and rage" to literally mean shivering in horror and throwing furniture while screaming?
You do realize in this context the words mean "uneasiness if an order will ever arrive" and "dissatisfaction that the new course will cost a lot more money to keep up".


I think Usagi is just being snarky. Don’t let it get under your skin.


That and the repose to "hey, it's valentines day soon! here's a fun valentines LE" is literally "how DARE you??". Like, gt over it. it's a holiday mini for fun. People are treating itlikeit's some sort of pivotal cash grab with the survival of the company hinging on it, and they are maliciously not doing a mass worldwide distribution of it.

It's literally a small release, for collectors. If you're a collector and don't think it meets our cost/benefit ratio, cool, don't get it. But don't act like you are somehow owed a better deal because of circumstances outside of the companies control. That's just petulant and smacks of "if I can't have this fun, no one should be allowed to".


Personally I’m not bothered by it. I ordered two. One for my collection, one for my niece who also plays. I’m also gonna stay the course on the Kickstarter.

But when a company with a Zero-Exclusives policy makes a release that is exclusive to the month of February, some people are gonna be concerned. When there’s a project that is 2 years overdue, people will take that as adding insult to injury. So yeah, some concern is warranted.

I don’t agree with some of the (in my opinion) overreaction and wild conspiracy theories on the Kickstarter chat. I do think you’re being snarky and Goblin King’s concerns are fair.


February 7th, 2018, 6:56 pm
Profile
Ninja Corps
User avatar

Joined: March 25th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Posts: 2463
Holy Cross wrote:
But when a company with a Zero-Exclusives policy makes a release that is exclusive to the month of February, some people are gonna be concerned. When there’s a project that is 2 years overdue, people will take that as adding insult to injury. So yeah, some concern is warranted.


I could be wrong on this, but I think the "no exclusives" was a "no kickstarter exclusives" promise. They have already had at least one LE model in the form of the original king starfire. I didn't see any "fear and rage" from that limited print, exclusive, gameplay unique, release.

That's why this all seems more like people latching on to yet another excuse to badmouth the people they are upset with than a genuine "fear" of things to come. This is a thing that has already came, years ago. Back then, people decided if it was worth it or not, and did or did not get the model. Just like now. I did not get it then, I didn't think it was worth it. I am getting this, it seems worthwhile to me. It's really not more complicated than that, unless you are grafting on feelings and frustrations from other places not directly related to (another) LE model release.


February 7th, 2018, 7:13 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2014, 10:03 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Camp Pendleton, California
Holy Cross wrote:
This model is resin though. That could be why it’s more expensive. The original King Starfire was resin and he was expensive too. And they only ever released him in limited runs.


Holy Cross wrote:
eternaldream wrote:
I'm interested, but I don't like the fact she will be an exclusive. Part of the reason I got into Super Dungeon was because of the lack of exclusive models. I know a lot of Kickstarter board games really go crazy with exclusives, but they never did. It's all starting to change now though, which worries me. I like the fact that if someone finds out about the game 2 years from now, they will be able to get everything available. Alternate sculpts are one thing, but a whole unique model is another. I also wonder when she will ship. They say it's a special production run, which can mean anything. Does this mean it will be shipped when the first part of the Legends Kickstarter is being produced?

It's also so weird that this news comes out of nowhere. It's not on their main page, or Kickstarter, or anything. I have to find out about it from the forums first and do my research.


I think that was more in regard to kickstarter projects, I.E. no model will be exclusive to some package deal you have to pledge monies toward.



I’m with you on both points. I did make both points on the first page. I’m definitely not in the angry mob. That said I’ve had my share of frustration with Sodapop Miniatures. I’m past it now, and super excited for Super Dungeon Explore again. However, I don’t expect everyone around me to feel the same, just because I have renewed faith in SPM.


February 7th, 2018, 7:29 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: July 3rd, 2014, 12:03 am
Posts: 878
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Goblin-King wrote:
And please don't start with the usual "vocal minority".


And for all of the people that have been crying for refunds, then there is a lot of people who would be in the vocal minority if they had stuck around. There have been quite a few refunds being issued, if the forums are to be believed.

_________________
Want to enjoy a game of Super Dungeon Exlore in half the time that Forgotten King offers? Try Lootimeter Mode!
Sodapop Lootimeter Discussion thread
BGG Lootimeter discusson thread


February 7th, 2018, 8:20 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: July 5th, 2012, 2:03 pm
Posts: 513
Holy Cross wrote:
But when a company with a Zero-Exclusives policy...

SPM dropped their no exclusives policy back when Siege of the Citadel KS added the SDE models.


February 8th, 2018, 3:25 am
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: January 12th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Brasília, Brazil
Imriel wrote:
Holy Cross wrote:
But when a company with a Zero-Exclusives policy...

SPM dropped their no exclusives policy back when Siege of the Citadel KS added the SDE models.


Updated the checklist to help on decision making over the collection.
Check list:
#1 - Price:---------( )Affordable----( )Expensive
#2 - Availability:--( )Retail---------( )Limited
#3 - Theme:-------( )It fits---------( )Out of theme
#4 - Gameplay:---( )Change-------( )No change
#5 - Shelf:--------( )Have room----( )Limited space
#6 - Material:-----( )Plastic---------( )Resin
#7 - Desire:-------( )I'm collector--( )I don't care

You may get freedom when just don't counting limited models as part of collection, unless you plan to make some profit later on black market.

_________________
Super Dungeon Links
* | Compendium | * | Aella13 Painting Guide | * | Card Creator |

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.


February 8th, 2018, 1:53 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: July 3rd, 2014, 12:03 am
Posts: 878
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Am I missing something? Have they posted this picture somewhere? Because I cannot find it.

_________________
Want to enjoy a game of Super Dungeon Exlore in half the time that Forgotten King offers? Try Lootimeter Mode!
Sodapop Lootimeter Discussion thread
BGG Lootimeter discusson thread


February 15th, 2018, 6:02 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2012, 2:47 am
Posts: 119
Location: Ohio
Spazzfist wrote:
Am I missing something? Have they posted this picture somewhere? Because I cannot find it.



https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... YEIn-2eAMA

It was posted on facebook


February 15th, 2018, 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: July 3rd, 2014, 12:03 am
Posts: 878
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
tat2artst wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:
Am I missing something? Have they posted this picture somewhere? Because I cannot find it.



https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... YEIn-2eAMA

It was posted on facebook


Huh... I did look up Ninja Division on Facebook and didn't see it. Thanks for the link!

_________________
Want to enjoy a game of Super Dungeon Exlore in half the time that Forgotten King offers? Try Lootimeter Mode!
Sodapop Lootimeter Discussion thread
BGG Lootimeter discusson thread


February 15th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: March 13th, 2012, 4:26 pm
Posts: 233
It's a nice model, not worth the £45+ it would cost me in the end :-(


February 15th, 2018, 6:59 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 11th, 2015, 1:39 am
Posts: 290
Yep, still no.


February 15th, 2018, 7:48 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2016, 4:52 am
Posts: 109
Location: Idaho, U.S.A.
It is a nice model, but I can't afford it. For me it would be about $28 USD. Their shipping rate is pretty high considering I live in the same state as the company. I hate to say it, but it is cheaper for me to buy their stuff from a retailer on the other side of the country and then have it shipped to me. If they lowered the price I might be interested, but not right now. I don't want to pay the price of a mini boss and get a small mini.


February 15th, 2018, 8:45 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 8:15 pm
Posts: 964
Location: Ohio
I'm a sucker for cute so I bought it. :D I want lots of Candy. I want to make her like a Final Fantasy Tactics character that can change jobs. We have Brave-Mode and Ninja. Now we have archer.


February 15th, 2018, 9:51 pm
Profile
Ninja Corps
User avatar

Joined: May 26th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Posts: 966
eternaldream wrote:
I'm a sucker for cute so I bought it. :D I want lots of Candy. I want to make her like a Final Fantasy Tactics character that can change jobs. We have Brave-Mode and Ninja. Now we have archer.


Don't forget OG Soda Master Candy! :D

-Ape2020

_________________
WHERE ARE THE DEMONS!?
BRING ON THE PAIN!!


February 15th, 2018, 10:21 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: July 3rd, 2014, 12:03 am
Posts: 878
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
I'm going to pass on this one.

_________________
Want to enjoy a game of Super Dungeon Exlore in half the time that Forgotten King offers? Try Lootimeter Mode!
Sodapop Lootimeter Discussion thread
BGG Lootimeter discusson thread


February 16th, 2018, 1:20 am
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: July 3rd, 2014, 12:03 am
Posts: 878
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
ape2020 wrote:
Don't forget OG Soda Master Candy! :D


She is probably my favourite Candy!

_________________
Want to enjoy a game of Super Dungeon Exlore in half the time that Forgotten King offers? Try Lootimeter Mode!
Sodapop Lootimeter Discussion thread
BGG Lootimeter discusson thread


February 16th, 2018, 1:23 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: March 20th, 2017, 6:00 am
Posts: 114
Since I bought the resin Twilight knight and the trio of school girls (and those Way of the Warrior chibis), I guess I might as well get this too.

_________________
This is supposed to be a happy occasion, so let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.


February 16th, 2018, 8:52 am
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: January 12th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Brasília, Brazil
Foxwhisperer wrote:
Since I bought the resin Twilight knight and the trio of school girls (and those Way of the Warrior chibis), I guess I might as well get this too.


This kind of super addicted collector with elastic wallet which company want more. Don't miss your copy of chibi Blazing Soul Candy.

_________________
Super Dungeon Links
* | Compendium | * | Aella13 Painting Guide | * | Card Creator |

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.


February 16th, 2018, 2:04 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: March 22nd, 2014, 12:55 am
Posts: 527
Well, its *less* ribbon-y then then I expected.

I want it, but the budget is so tight right now that my wallet squeaks when I buy gas, so it's probably a no.


February 16th, 2018, 9:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.