View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 16th, 2018, 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Sweetheart Candy (February Exclusive) 
Denizen

picture of the model is being saved for feb 14 reveal (sombody pass the puke bucket).

February 3rd, 2018, 2:03 am
Mini-Boss

Holy Cross wrote:
She will come unassembled which will help get the details.

Since SPM does resin figures with Prodos Unicast, it unclear if she would come in more than one piece. I'm also unclear on how production scale affects the price when it comes to Unicast.

February 3rd, 2018, 2:33 am
Ninja Corps

I am purchasing because I like to have complete sets, and I've really appreciate the quick turn-around to order projects (Takoashi University). Just for awareness, Ninja Shipping in no longer an option, so I did experience a little sticker shock at $7.60 USPS 3-Day Priority as the only option for shipping.

Note specifically for SPM. $30 + shipping for three Takoashi U. minis was appreciated, at a 12.95 price point. If you are attempted to drive exclusivity through cost, you will start to lose even some of your most enthusiastic completionists. Three holiday promotional like this and I could afford an entire Zombicide Black Plague box on Amazon instead.

February 3rd, 2018, 3:58 am
Consul

So I went ahead and did the math... This mini would cost me $69

I can't wait for a sale...
I can't wait for EU stores to get it...
eBay probably won't be a bargain...

Congratulations SPM. You finally lost me :(

February 3rd, 2018, 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:

If you want, I can order an extra one you and send it cheap.

February 3rd, 2018, 6:09 pm
Minion

I'm preparing a group order for EU to reduce individual shipping cost (we should be able to have the initial delivery at a country where secondary postage would be cheap), if anyone is interested PM me :)

February 3rd, 2018, 7:14 pm
Ninja Corps

I'm guessing the cost of this has more to do with it being a limited one time print to order then it being resin. Unlike the Takoashi U. and TK (ordered in batches of guessing a 1000 when supplies run low), this will likely be a order in the low 100s. Still I feel for non-US fans, I too have seen how expensive it can be when I order non-US limited models from like say Europe or Japan.

February 4th, 2018, 4:02 am
Consul

Holy Cross wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

That is super kind of you :D

But at this point I'm afraid I'll have to vote with my wallet.
In my opinion this model and everything about how it's being marketed is extremely unaceptable.
Sure, a friendly American could help me out, but I really don't want that to be the new norm.
How many "special" miniatures like this are they gonna release each year?

The fact that I'm currently waiting for no less than 3 different sets of SDE miniatures is also affecting my decision to call it quits.
Fact is that I'm also just not that excited about the game as I used to be. This is quite frankly a direct result of the late delivery of the KS.
I can take a lot, but I guess this stunt was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Maybe I'll eventually get my stuff. I'll probably play the game and enjoy my miniatures. But I just don't think I can justify to keep supporting this company. And that makes me kinda sad. I've been on board for a long time. For a time this was my favorite game...

This isn't a F*** you ragequit slam-the-door. But I just want to divert my attention to other more deserving games. :cry: :|

February 6th, 2018, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

This kind of season-limited-store-exclusive-expensive-miniatures for sure is not for me also. Perhaps the better move to catch money is release the Frostbyte Reach expansions. Since end of 2015 we have noticed about this, but I guess they probably will release it when backers get the Wave 1 with Frostbyte Ravagers warband to hook it.

Goblin-King wrote:
The fact that I'm currently waiting for no less than 3 different sets of SDE miniatures is also affecting my decision to call it quits.
Fact is that I'm also just not that excited about the game as I used to be. This is quite frankly a direct result of the late delivery of the KS.
I can take a lot, but I guess this stunt was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The company needs a red siren of warning bigger than this to realise how wrong they're managing their beloved franchise? Or the company simply don't care anymore, because they already gave up to keep it alive and they just want to fool us?

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

February 6th, 2018, 1:26 pm
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:
Holy Cross wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

That is super kind of you :D

But at this point I'm afraid I'll have to vote with my wallet.
In my opinion this model and everything about how it's being marketed is extremely unaceptable.
Sure, a friendly American could help me out, but I really don't want that to be the new norm.
How many "special" miniatures like this are they gonna release each year?

Maybe I'll eventually get my stuff. I'll probably play the game and enjoy my miniatures. But I just don't think I can justify to keep supporting this company. And that makes me kinda sad. I've been on board for a long time. For a time this was my favorite game...

This isn't a F*** you ragequit slam-the-door. But I just want to divert my attention to other more deserving games. :cry: :|

I hear ya man. I’m back from a lengthy SDE hiatus myself. A combination of the SD:Legends delays and Forgotten King making it difficult to bring in new players (mostly due to its awful long winded-ness) led to me just walking away and focusing on other games for awhile. Now I’m back with renewed excitement, and the 2.0 rules are only fueling it more. That said, I can’t blame anyone for being burned out. I sure was for awhile.

I respect your decision to vote with your dollars. It’s the best and most graceful way to go about this. It’s sad to see one of the long term fans lose this much steam though. Remember back in 2015 when we won those gaming mats for posting silly Haikus?

February 6th, 2018, 5:08 pm
Consul

Holy Cross wrote:
Remember back in 2015 when we won those gaming mats for posting silly Haikus?

I sure do - and that's the company I fondly remember and miss...

February 6th, 2018, 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:
Holy Cross wrote:
Remember back in 2015 when we won those gaming mats for posting silly Haikus?

I sure do - and that's the company I fondly remember and miss...

Simpler times... :|

I believe they are still the same company at heart. This project has Certainly shaken things up though...

February 6th, 2018, 7:29 pm
Mini-Boss

I for one don't like the exclusives. I remember when the mantra of the company was a no exclusive policy. A lot of Kickstarter games use the exclusives model to get people to pledge. The problem is when you don't hear about the Kickstarter until after it's over, and you miss out. Alternate sculpts are one thing, but unique gameplay pieces are another. It's been a slippery slope so far... and now it looks like we're over the edge. Oh well.

February 6th, 2018, 10:40 pm
Minion

Yep. Part of the reason I got on board with the collectathon was because of that no exclusives policy. It's sad to see they've reversed that. I got halfway through preordering the mini, got mad at myself for it, and backed out. Now to see if I'll be able to stop myself next week when the sculpt is previewed. *sigh*

February 7th, 2018, 8:04 am
Denizen

It seems to me that this is a way of making a fast buck without a lot of time/money/effort being spent.
1 resin model + 1 card + inflated demand because of the limited edition status = quick cash$$$

I’m mixed about picking this one up, I am a bit of a completionist and the threat of not being able to get it later may well convince me to go for it despite being in the UK.

February 7th, 2018, 9:34 am
Consul

DungeonCrawler wrote:
I’m mixed about picking this one up, I am a bit of a completionist and the threat of not being able to get it later may well convince me to go for it despite being in the UK.

This is exactly the way I feel. But I don't want to be "threatened" into buying stuff.
If "fear" is one of your emotions when dealing with a company... Well, that was a red flag for me.

February 7th, 2018, 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

No matter the price, individual models always will be more expensive than a level box, a warband or even dungeon boss (boss + 6 creeps) when calculate the price per miniature inside the box. Eventually the company going to back with the unique actions / abilities presented in the cards of Sweetheart Candy, Takoashi girls and that Sci-fi guys with another name in some regular/retail product fulfilling some place of Crystalia. For instance, Deodric the Drunk = Soda Master Candy, despite the names of unique actions and abilities be different. As the company says, these limited editions may not fit well in the Super Dungeon theme, enabling them possibilities of experiments without commitment to Crystalia's realm.
Check list:
#1 - Price:--------( )Affordable----( )Expensive
#2 - Availability:-( )Retail---------( )Limited
#3 - Theme:------( )It fits---------( )Out of theme
#4 - Gameplay:--( )Change-------( )No change
#5 - Desire:------( )I'm collector--( )I don't care

These reasons helps to keep me away from this kind of product. Simply do not count these limited pieces as part of the collection and you can live in peace without it.

If the future brings more unveiled expansions for Super Dungeon, in my opinion the company must do more than re-skin some game mechanics as probably we'll see in Frostbyte Reach tiles with icy spots producing Ice status effect like poison on brambles of Fae Wood, fire on lava of Dragonback Peaks... and the set of monsters with some ability boosting their attacks against heroes suffering these status effects. Maybe I'm wrong with theory of how they made Frostbyte Reach tiles... maybe beyond the Ice, it comes also with some slippery places to cause push+knock-down, frozen waters with thin ice to cause immobile+ice, turning this tile set tricky to walk.

"Rage" emotion to deal with the company is another red flag.

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

February 7th, 2018, 2:23 pm
Ninja Corps

If "fear" and "rage" are what you feel when it comes to choosing to buy a game accessory, it is a red flag, but not for the company. Thats more of a "you" problem then it is a publisher problem.

February 7th, 2018, 2:48 pm
Consul

Usagi wrote:
If "fear" and "rage" are what you feel when it comes to choosing to buy a game accessory, it is a red flag, but not for the company. Thats more of a "you" problem then it is a publisher problem.

Why do you think that? Please elaborate. You really don't think it's a bad thing for a company if customers stop to trust said company?
Are you saying it's the customers' own fault they stop trusting the company?
And please don't start with the usual "vocal minority". Of course it's a minority, but it's way bigger than it should ever be for a smooth sailing company.

Or are you purposely misinterpreting the words "fear and rage" to literally mean shivering in horror and throwing furniture while screaming?
You do realize in this context the words mean "uneasiness if an order will ever arrive" and "dissatisfaction that the new course will cost a lot more money to keep up".

February 7th, 2018, 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:
Usagi wrote:

Why do you think that? Please elaborate. You really don't think it's a bad thing for a company if customers stop to trust said company?
Are you saying it's the customers' own fault they stop trusting the company?
And please don't start with the usual "vocal minority". Of course it's a minority, but it's way bigger than it should ever be for a smooth sailing company.

Or are you purposely misinterpreting the words "fear and rage" to literally mean shivering in horror and throwing furniture while screaming?
You do realize in this context the words mean "uneasiness if an order will ever arrive" and "dissatisfaction that the new course will cost a lot more money to keep up".

I think Usagi is just being snarky. Don’t let it get under your skin.

February 7th, 2018, 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next