View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2018, 4:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Sweetheart Candy (February Exclusive) 
Denizen

Soda Pop Miniatures seems to be going for more limited releases recently. Next exclusive store model is Sweetheart Candy who is available only during this month. Shipping cost is probably too much to purchase an individual miniature in Europe, thus e.g. Miniature Market could be a great partner for these SPM releases.

February 1st, 2018, 7:19 pm
Bottle Cap

If only this one were to be made available on Archonia...

February 1st, 2018, 7:31 pm
Minion

nakano wrote:
Soda Pop Miniatures seems to be going for more limited releases recently. Next exclusive store model is Sweetheart Candy who is available only during this month. Shipping cost is probably too much to purchase an individual miniature in Europe, thus e.g. Miniature Market could be a great partner for these SPM releases.

Why even Miniature Market, Esdevium (main UK boardgame distributor) has had lots of Ninja Division stuff out here the past few months (Clacks, the MLP RPG books), just not SPM stuff.

Maybe SPM just needs to partner with their own !SODA! publisher!

February 1st, 2018, 8:00 pm
Minion

I was interested, but I think the $20 dollar price tag plus not seeing the actual sculpt of the miniature, I will be passing on this offer.

February 1st, 2018, 10:06 pm
Mini-Boss

I'm interested, but I don't like the fact she will be an exclusive. Part of the reason I got into Super Dungeon was because of the lack of exclusive models. I know a lot of Kickstarter board games really go crazy with exclusives, but they never did. It's all starting to change now though, which worries me. I like the fact that if someone finds out about the game 2 years from now, they will be able to get everything available. Alternate sculpts are one thing, but a whole unique model is another. I also wonder when she will ship. They say it's a special production run, which can mean anything. Does this mean it will be shipped when the first part of the Legends Kickstarter is being produced?

It's also so weird that this news comes out of nowhere. It's not on their main page, or Kickstarter, or anything. I have to find out about it from the forums first and do my research.

February 2nd, 2018, 3:30 am
Mini-Boss

eternaldream wrote:
I'm interested, but I don't like the fact she will be an exclusive. Part of the reason I got into Super Dungeon was because of the lack of exclusive models. I know a lot of Kickstarter board games really go crazy with exclusives, but they never did. It's all starting to change now though, which worries me. I like the fact that if someone finds out about the game 2 years from now, they will be able to get everything available. Alternate sculpts are one thing, but a whole unique model is another. I also wonder when she will ship. They say it's a special production run, which can mean anything. Does this mean it will be shipped when the first part of the Legends Kickstarter is being produced?

It's also so weird that this news comes out of nowhere. It's not on their main page, or Kickstarter, or anything. I have to find out about it from the forums first and do my research.

they announced it on facebook.

February 2nd, 2018, 5:51 am
Denizen

eternaldream wrote:

I think that was more in regard to kickstarter projects, I.E. no model will be exclusive to some package deal you have to pledge monies toward.

February 2nd, 2018, 6:09 am
Mini-Boss

If you look at the NAS itens on webstore, some ronins presented on Kickstarter campaign never been released at retail.
The company's first steps onto "limited" or "exclusive" labels already begun on that epoch. Anyway... at least in my case, my shelf don't have enough space to add every piece of plastic released from this company or any other miniatures' company.

I can ensure, you don't need every model. For instance, Arcadia Quest don't let me lie. KS exclusives heroes are cool, but flooded the game. I have all retail boxes, except the Dragons and I have the exclusives of AQ Inferno campaign, but in my opinion just the heroes on core boxes and expansions on big boxes are enough. Individual models are a waste of money. Better in this specific case of AQ is buy a Masmorra box due the crossover between both games.

Here, in Crystalia realm, better to you Level Boxes or Warbands, maybe Dungeon Bosses, because the price per miniature inside the boxes is more affordable.

The side-effect of "limited" or "exclusive" is feed the black market profiteers of eBay.

For instance, the subtlety on Roxeley "limited" Santorini Promo is the fact they don't stop to produce it, but customers will find it only on their webstore. Sure, print a piece of paper is more easy than a piece of plastic.

Just for register purposes, I'm already sick with so many versions of Candy inside of Super Dungeon...
Soda Master Candy --> OOP model
Brave-mode Candy --> cool, she have two cards for the same model and comes with a pet.
Shadow-mode Candy --> a mini-boss... could be a generic doppelganger demon with copycat ability plus Dark Radiance instead of Candy.
Kunoichi Candy --> hero and mini-boss and crossover with NAS... okay... with Ninja Cola in the same usability.
Blazing Soul Candy --> Wandering Minstrel reskin. I prefer an alt gender instead of Candy.
Sweetheart Candy --> meh!

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

February 2nd, 2018, 11:55 am
Consul

Single models are typical priced at $12.95 - This is $20 for no reason.
It's limited - Yet it's not a promotional re-skin. It's a full fledged new hero.
The way it's being sold means it's impossible for me to get it from an EU distributor, meaning shipping from US + customs.
More Candy... I don't hate the hero, but I'd much rather it had just been a Moon Princess or whatever.

I gotta admit this stunt is really straining my relationship with SPM...

February 2nd, 2018, 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

At least we have tools to re-skin one old Glimmerdusk Ranger to Heartseeker Ranger or Celestial Herald to Celestial Cupid. A challenge for persons skilled to customise their miniatures. Just need to know what means "have a heart"

* The art of wait.

February 2nd, 2018, 2:18 pm
Denizen

This model is resin though. That could be why it’s more expensive. The original King Starfire was resin and he was expensive too. And they only ever released him in limited runs.

February 2nd, 2018, 3:03 pm
Minion

The resin chibi Twilight Knight was $15. The Takaoshi University Chibi was $13. Unless the actual sculpt has a lot more components compared to them, its seems to be a large price hike.

Another thing that bothers me is that this appears to be something that was planned not too long ago compared to other miniatures they had planned on Kickstarter which has a TBD release date. If they had planned to release this as a February Exclusive...and it won't shipped until after March...its seem to be rather poor planning. In addition to how long it took for the Takaoshi University/Twilight Knight to be shipped from its estimated release...

I would like to get it, but with 4 projects backed and none of them completely fulfilled, I am very hesitant.

February 2nd, 2018, 4:06 pm
Denizen

Yeah, not sure I'm feeling this one. I passed on the high school crossover minis because they didn't feel like they belonged in Super Dungeon, I passed on Mutant Chronicles because they definitely didn't belong in Super Dungeon, and I will probably skip this one because she's a little too cutesy to belong in Super Dungeon. And that's saying something, because I'm OK with Princess Ruby. But the frilly dress and wacky bow and heart-shaped hat just looks absurd. Plus I can't really see the art on the card and there's no sculpt.

She might make a good NPC for Legends. But I skipped the Way of the Fighter minis because of the price point, plus some of the designs were a little silly. So I will probably take a pass on this one, too. I definitely don't want to use her as a hero. She's just silly - and this is a game where a chicken in an eye-patch can help an overdressed debutante with a heart wand take down a turtle the size of a Mini Cooper.

February 2nd, 2018, 4:11 pm
Denizen

I skipped the High School crossovers too. I could take or leave this one, but I decided to grab it. My niece plays SDE, so maybe a limited run painted model would be a nice gift. She loved the Tabbybrook Mage I painted for her.

February 2nd, 2018, 4:33 pm
Mini-Boss

I am not impressed with this move either. Nor am I overly fond of what looks like it is going to be a very fiddly, detailed model. I enjoy painting, but when there is so much superfluous detail on the model, then I personally find it more of a chore to paint, than something I look forward to.

February 2nd, 2018, 6:33 pm
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
I am not impressed with this move either. Nor am I overly fond of what looks like it is going to be a very fiddly, detailed model. I enjoy painting, but when there is so much superfluous detail on the model, then I personally find it more of a chore to paint, than something I look forward to.

Have they posted an image of the model?

February 2nd, 2018, 6:36 pm
Mini-Boss

Holy Cross wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:

I am basing this opinion on the picture of the card. She has so many ribbons and pieces of fabric flowing everywhere, that I am imagining the model to be a nightmare to maneuver a brush through!

February 2nd, 2018, 7:25 pm
Bottle Cap

Model will be revealed on 14th february.

February 2nd, 2018, 7:26 pm
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
Holy Cross wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:

I am basing this opinion on the picture of the card. She has so many ribbons and pieces of fabric flowing everywhere, that I am imagining the model to be a nightmare to maneuver a brush through!

Keep in mind there is always a bit of deviation between the card and the model. Compare any of the original 8 heroes to their card and you’ll see a significant difference in their pose and level of detail. She will come unassembled which will help get the details.

February 2nd, 2018, 7:43 pm
Mini-Boss

ImageImage

Image <-- LoL Heartseeker Varus' bow

Change the color scheme of Glimmerdusk Ranger dress to red/pink/gold, put some heart details on tiara, clothes and customise her bow like the image above.

* The art of wait.

February 2nd, 2018, 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next