View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 20th, 2017, 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The optimists' thread (yeah, we do exist!) 
Consul

Moonspire Guardian is indeed one of the absolutely best new sculpts. I might even agree it's THE best, though the competition is hard.
I think Mordred and Vulcanis are worthy contestants. They have the potential to look absolutely sick with the right paintjob.

November 6th, 2017, 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I actually dislike Vulcanis. Noctua and mordred otoh...
I like most of the npc too.

November 7th, 2017, 10:47 am
Mini-Boss

November:

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

November 7th, 2017, 1:16 pm
Consul

Xris Wraith wrote:

No torches and pitchforks... but honestly interested... why?

Personally I like the prospects of painting a lot of fire/lave/embers and object source lightning.
Minis with lots of glowing stuff are the best :D

November 7th, 2017, 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Goblin-King wrote:
Xris Wraith wrote:

Personally I like the prospects of painting a lot of fire/lave/embers and object source lightning.

Wait... has someone ever tried to implant a battery-powered LED into a mini like those? Successfully I mean? Maybe that's just the dad in me talking, always surrounded by flashy (and noisy...) toys, but still!

November 7th, 2017, 4:48 pm
Employee

sproutchu wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
Xris Wraith wrote:

Wait... has someone ever tried to implant a battery-powered LED into a mini like those? Successfully I mean? Maybe that's just the dad in me talking, always surrounded by flashy (and noisy...) toys, but still!

Oh yeah. There's a whole company based around it. I helped them judge a miniature LED competition at NOVA Open one year.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

November 7th, 2017, 5:23 pm
Denizen

to truly implant, you can't that well.. You need to instead drill out and replace a lot of the minute. So implant, nope but heavily customise, yes. goes back along time that.

Sometimes the plastic is thin enough to get a half-way decent shine but.. naw.. you need to drill out a lot, install the correct fibres to do a decent job..

November 7th, 2017, 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

@GK: Vulcanis looks too crude for my taste. All the baddies up to now have a polished look. Not really cute in some cases, but nevertheless. Only the Forge Master looks twisted. Might be fitting, might grow on me but right now it's not to my taste.

November 8th, 2017, 11:08 am
Mini-Boss

Iron Golem is one good model to put Leds to glow his gemstones and eye.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

November 8th, 2017, 5:10 pm
Mini-Boss

Eh... I could use some optimism now. I love the models and the theme. I really don't want to part with my collection, but I really wanted the Legends I was shown at the beginning. With each new update, I see that I'm not getting it. I love the fluff and flavor, but the presentation is way too wishy washy. I really wanted something that was everything the SDE board game is, but with some RPG elements mixed in. Descent with chibis basically. Ugh... I am really on the fence. I have really lost all interest in Legends now, but I still want the models. I'm just worried about the state of the company. If the amount of people requesting refunds is any indicator.... should I be worried?

November 9th, 2017, 5:08 am
Consul

Actually I don't think you should pay attention to the amopunt of people leaving. They seem more dissatisfied with the late delivery and severel per-case problems. But I don't think you can use this as an indicator of the quality of the end product.

If you like the models. Stick with it. I really honestly think you or anybody else just a bit into dungeon crawlers and RPGs could make a Legends mod with a different flavor that would suit your needs. Heck, just take an existing game you like and start from there.

November 9th, 2017, 9:40 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Yep.. If I listened to idiots in the world, I wouldn't do anything.. there are 7.6 billion people in the world.. While I have no real faith, 2.4 billion are Christians. That means 5.2 billion people are wrong? I guess it means the Christian religion is dying or the faith is no good cause of the amount of people NOT with it? OH! What about the USA? 39% now are irreligious or Atheist (there is a HUGE difference in my mind).. when they started up, it was mostly religious people.. even the coins are a symbol of religion but now 39% of the people have left religion.. So that means religion is dying? But only about 15% of the world don't believe in a Religion.. so that means people that don't believe in a religion are wrong cause most of the world does?

Basically, screw 'peoples views' cause they aren't you. Your view matters.. It might be right, it might be wrong. but it's your view.

and Descent is a 6dof shooter.. I can't see what it's got to do with board games... (descent has kinda been renamed now cause the IP name holders are doing.. well, something that has nothing to do with it with the name, while the people that MADE it, don't have the name, so they are making there own game Overload, which is Fantastic and it is Descent in all but name ^_^.. I do have rough work for a fan-board game based on it around but.. it's not great..)

November 9th, 2017, 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
If you like the models. Stick with it. I really honestly think you or anybody else just a bit into dungeon crawlers and RPGs could make a Legends mod with a different flavor that would suit your needs. Heck, just take an existing game you like and start from there.

I think there were people here talking about doing that in another thread. I'm not sure if anyone has started it up, but they did have some good ideas.

November 9th, 2017, 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2