View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 20th, 2017, 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 So long and thanks for all the laughs 
Denizen

I'm out - sent an email requesting a refund on my outstanding ledgends pledge. I will be putting my collection on ebay in a few weeks so if you are looking for something you might want to keep an eye open.

October 18th, 2017, 6:24 pm
Mini-Boss

That stinks. Hate to say I have had the same thoughts too. I've come to terms that while the rules may not be great, I still love the models.

October 18th, 2017, 8:22 pm
Minion

Although, why put your game on existing game on Ebay? Obviously you like the game enough to get Legends and the Dev's are nice enough to let you have the new rules for free. You know you will lost your shirt on selling it.
So just get your refund and you can still enjoy the new/old game.

October 18th, 2017, 8:32 pm
Denizen

Probally wont lose my shirt I have two king starfires ;-) My group have lost interest due to the constant delay

I ordered Legends partially because the newer stuff is hard to get outside the US and is normally double or tripple the cost also it was an upgrade to the existing game.

having been playing and collecting rpg games for nearly 40 years now , I have over a 100 different systems personally , the choices made to the new ruleset of the basic game have changed the game into something I dont want to play, this applies to legends to , I have better choices for if we want to play an rpg lite.

Also personally I'm not happy how they are treating the customer these days , it's even worse if you remember how good they used to be with their customers.

October 19th, 2017, 12:09 am
Mini-Boss

Sorry to see you go, but can't say that I don't share some of the same sentiments.

October 19th, 2017, 12:21 am
Minion

Congratulations man, I'd advice you to keep your current collect and just get a refund on legends but obviously you have already touched base on that. I would be lying if I said I haven't been toying with the same idea. I hope you can make a good amount of your money back. I love the models but I'm done completely with Ninja Division as a company. Won't be seeing a :SODA: penny of me in the future.
"Regain your trust", I don't think you could make yourself sound less trustworthy if you tried. Good luck in your future ventures in life. May you roll many natural 20s.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

October 19th, 2017, 10:47 am
Minion

Not sure refunding your pledge is such a great idea, don't you loose 5% to kickstarter?

there's plenty of people in the other thread looking to pick up pledges.

October 19th, 2017, 5:36 pm
Denizen

several reason why

a) it's a completionist pledge and would cost an arm and a leg to ship to somoe else if I do it
b) its weeks of hassle to try and get a change of address registered with sodpop and worse if involves a change of postal cost.

October 19th, 2017, 6:59 pm
Minion

growlley wrote:
several reason why

a) it's a completionist pledge and would cost an arm and a leg to ship to somoe else if I do it
b) its weeks of hassle to try and get a change of address registered with sodpop and worse if involves a change of postal cost.

Yeah selling it on without an abusive over charge it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Either take a hit yourself or become a scalper.

I know what I'd choose.

Last edited by Rainthezangoose on October 20th, 2017, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 19th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Consul

Why not just wait for it's eventual arrival and then split it up and sell it on eBay?
I'm fairly certain you could make a profit.

Sad to see you quit on a sour note, but you seem to have given it some thought.
No reason to waste precious time on a game you no longer enjoy.

October 19th, 2017, 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

I notice you said outside the us, if your selling ur stuff in the uk it would make very happy as its been a pain to get some of the stuf

October 20th, 2017, 10:38 am
Ninja Corps

@growlley - Name a price for that King Starfire, if you'd like to avoid the 10% eBay seller fee. Send me a PM if you're serious.

October 20th, 2017, 11:48 pm
Minion

Meankeb wrote:
@growlley - Name a price for that King Starfire, if you'd like to avoid the 10% eBay seller fee. Send me a PM if you're serious.

Actually tbh I'd buy the other one of you, PM with the same logic. That and if you have the relic knight cross-over figures.

October 21st, 2017, 7:07 pm
Bottle Cap

growlley wrote:
I'm out - sent an email requesting a refund on my outstanding ledgends pledge. I will be putting my collection on ebay in a few weeks so if you are looking for something you might want to keep an eye open.

I got a refund as well. It sucks because Soda Pop makes the best chibis anywhere and I enjoy painting them. I really didn't want a refund. I like the progress Justin has made on Explore, but the loss of trust was just too much for me. I'll be happier supporting other miniature and game companies. Who knows, if the gameplay gets excellent reviews I may pick up 2.0 at retail. I'm still hoping it won't end up a mess.

October 22nd, 2017, 9:25 am
Bottle Cap

It's really sad to see you guys go... welp, I hope you safe travels.
Hey, if anyone doesn't want it's treasure and loot deck from FK I'm really interested in buying those :) oh! also the princess coin.

October 23rd, 2017, 3:21 am
Mini-Boss

Coralline Algae wrote:
growlley wrote:

I got a refund as well. It sucks because Soda Pop makes the best chibis anywhere and I enjoy painting them. I really didn't want a refund. I like the progress Justin has made on Explore, but the loss of trust was just too much for me. I'll be happier supporting other miniature and game companies. Who knows, if the gameplay gets excellent reviews I may pick up 2.0 at retail. I'm still hoping it won't end up a mess.

You can potentially try the game out right now- we have all of the finished rules. You don't have to wait until game reviewers have their copies.

October 26th, 2017, 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]