View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Getting a head start to legends? 
Bottle Cap

So after getting into painting my board games SDE has caught my attention. I do lack a 1vsMany game and I like the Chibi style. I saw the legends/2.0 kickstarter, but alas, too late. Now I was wondering how to get a "head start" until legends and 2.0 core set is available. I found 2 bundles up for sale, which do you think is more suitable/priceworthy for getting started with playing this game (if any?)? Both are about 150€ each

Bundle #1:
- base game Forgotten King
- expansion Stilt Town Zombies
- expansion Emerald Valley
- expansion Von Drakk Manor
- boss Beatrix The Witch Queen
- boss Goro
- tiles Von Drakk Ghost House

Or Bundle #2
- base game Forgotten King
-Card Sleeves for almost all cards!
-Super Dungeon Explore Base game (without old tokens)
-Caverns of Roxxor
-Dragon's Clutch

Thanks in advance for any insights

October 6th, 2017, 11:57 am
Consul

Bundle #2 sounds a LOT like the original ruleset.
Dragon's Clutch has as far as I know never been released as a stand alone box in the Forgotten King era.
That indicates that the person probably some of his stuff during that era - which would mean that the cards are the old outdated cards.
If you go for this, remember to ask if he has the update deck.

In this bundle you get two sets of paired spawnpoints worth of kobolds.
That's a lot of kobolds and unless you want to paint them up in different styles you're probably never gonna use both sets.

Bundle #1
Personally I would go for this.
You get a few less spawnpoints. If you disregard the double set of kobolds in #2 you only get one less spawnpoint.
But you get two more bosses and more tiles. Notice that the tiles in the SDE base game is an old format and doesn't really fit with the new tiles in neither their looks nor rules.

October 7th, 2017, 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Minion

I would go with #1 too. If you are looking to buy the 2.0 set in the future you are going to get a lot of whats in the SDE base game (though with new models). The tiles are of a slightly different size to the others so cant really be used in 2.0, and as G-K mentions, all the cards bar those from the Forgotten king set are now invalidated.

The #1 monsters sets also synergise better: the Forgotten king has a lot of "Kodama" monsters which the Emerald valley also has, and the Von Drakk and Stilt town feature lots of "undead" type so, again, they work well (or at least look better side by side). One thing to look for is if its a 1st or 2nd edition Von Drakk, 1st edition will have invalidated cards but judging by the rest of the lot I think it might be the 2nd edition. If its 1st, you might have to hunt down the card update pack.

October 7th, 2017, 10:13 am
Denizen

email soda pop ask them if they willl let you get a late pledge as there have been some cancellations lately

October 7th, 2017, 11:04 am
Bottle Cap

Goblin-King wrote:
Bundle #2 sounds a LOT like the original ruleset.
Dragon's Clutch has as far as I know never been released as a stand alone box in the Forgotten King era.
That indicates that the person probably some of his stuff during that era - which would mean that the cards are the old outdated cards.
If you go for this, remember to ask if he has the update deck.

In this bundle you get two sets of paired spawnpoints worth of kobolds.
That's a lot of kobolds and unless you want to paint them up in different styles you're probably never gonna use both sets.

Bundle #1
Personally I would go for this.
You get a few less spawnpoints. If you disregard the double set of kobolds in #2 you only get one less spawnpoint.
But you get two more bosses and more tiles. Notice that the tiles in the SDE base game is an old format and doesn't really fit with the new tiles in neither their looks nor rules.

Thanks for a great response! Bundle #1 it is then, and I can always make additions to that later on!

October 7th, 2017, 12:33 pm
Bottle Cap

growlley wrote:
email soda pop ask them if they willl let you get a late pledge as there have been some cancellations lately

Thanks for the info, I will email them again (unfortunately without high hopes but who knows, does not hurt to ask!)

October 7th, 2017, 12:34 pm
Ninja Corps

I would also go for #1. Von Drakk is currently out of stock everywhere I've look :)

October 7th, 2017, 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]