View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 10:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Arcade App 
Bottle Cap

Hello there fellow explorers, I made a small app for myself to use with the Arcade mode that mixes both the Command Deck and the Exploration Deck.
I made it so that I can make use of the Exploration Deck more often in Arcade since I think it's a very cool part of the game and I have quite a few of them.
It's also a good app for those who don't own a copy of Forgotten King and wish to play Arcade (just ignore the "Explore" text).

The app works quite simple, each time you press the void a new Command card will appear, if there is a
"Explore" marked above the card that means you have to draw a Exploration card :).
Here is a preview of the app, it's by no means perfect and some cards I had to remake with alternative SDE art.

https://vimeo.com/234298780?activityReferer=1

If you like it, tell me and I'll release it :)
I'm open to any suggestions.

Edit: app link! https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av37Iinxmv98gVzkvHAJSaQ2Q8Al

Last edited by Mangeluz on September 19th, 2017, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 18th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Bottle Cap

Ace id use it

September 18th, 2017, 1:42 pm
Minion

Looks good, having random Explore events is nice, they were a very underused element of FK.

Any plans for extra content afterwards, or keeping it simple?

September 18th, 2017, 2:43 pm
Minion

I think it is a great idea. I would be happy if you made it available. My young kids would enjoy it very much. My kids get very bored when it isn't their turn, but with this app they would still feel involved. They could easily tap the device screen and would be excited to see what would come up. It would be more enjoyable for them then just flipping a card like we currently do. A player that is not playing in the current round could use the app and still feel somewhat involved. The app would also means that if I took the game to a friend's house that I could leave my command deck and explore deck at home. I always take my phone with me so it wouldn't be a hassle.

You might want to check with SPM and ND (for legal reasons) to make sure this would be ok. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble with them. If you didn't charge for it I wouldn't know why they would have a problem with it.

September 18th, 2017, 4:20 pm
Bottle Cap

I'm glad to see someone else tinkering with this too. Though for the number of times I've tried reaching out to SPM about getting any kind of official approval, etc, they've been dead silent... So I would just be careful about using anything they hold copyright to. That kind of silence could mean anything, including a potentially nasty legal team.

But I don't say that to deter you, it looks like you're doing a fantastic job, and you're doing so without replacing the effective use of the product they sell (that's a fine line to walk sometimes), so hopefully they'll look upon this positively if they become more aware of it.

Not that you seem to NEED any assistance, you seem very capable on your own, but if you would LIKE any assistance, drop me a private message. I'd be glad to help with content and/or code.

September 18th, 2017, 5:49 pm
Mini-Boss

As optional feature, you may add a settable timer to press the players to resolve all actions before the time over to app automatically reveal a new card.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

September 18th, 2017, 7:12 pm
Bottle Cap

Danteire wrote:
Looks good, having random Explore events is nice, they were a very underused element of FK.

Any plans for extra content afterwards, or keeping it simple?

I want to add more things to it, like a reminder of the additional basic actions the Heroes can use like Pick lock or Vigor etc.
GoblinMage wrote:
I think it is a great idea. I would be happy if you made it available. My young kids would enjoy it very much. My kids get very bored when it isn't their turn, but with this app they would still feel involved. They could easily tap the device screen and would be excited to see what would come up. It would be more enjoyable for them then just flipping a card like we currently do. A player that is not playing in the current round could use the app and still feel somewhat involved. The app would also means that if I took the game to a friend's house that I could leave my command deck and explore deck at home. I always take my phone with me so it wouldn't be a hassle.

You might want to check with SPM and ND (for legal reasons) to make sure this would be ok. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble with them. If you didn't charge for it I wouldn't know why they would have a problem with it.

Thank you! and yeah I'll drop SPM/ND a message to verify if everything is A Ok or if a have to take it down. I don't plan to charge at all for the app so everyone
can ejoy it the way I will. If I they tell me to take it down then I'll just change the art for some of my own.

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I'm glad to see someone else tinkering with this too. Though for the number of times I've tried reaching out to SPM about getting any kind of official approval, etc, they've been dead silent... So I would just be careful about using anything they hold copyright to. That kind of silence could mean anything, including a potentially nasty legal team.

But I don't say that to deter you, it looks like you're doing a fantastic job, and you're doing so without replacing the effective use of the product they sell (that's a fine line to walk sometimes), so hopefully they'll look upon this positively if they become more aware of it.

Not that you seem to NEED any assistance, you seem very capable on your own, but if you would LIKE any assistance, drop me a private message. I'd be glad to help with content and/or code.

Thanks! I was thinking to add more things to it, if I get stuck somewhere I would really appreciate some help since I'm still a noob :).

Nephastus wrote:
As optional feature, you may add a settable timer to press the players to resolve all actions before the time over to app automatically reveal a new card.

That's a great idea!

Thank you everyone for your comments I'll be sure to send SPM a message about the app and hope for good things. I've updated the first post with the app,
If you have any problems at all feel free to send me a message. Any ideas for future improvements are always welcome!

September 19th, 2017, 12:58 am
Bottle Cap

How can i use this app? Which device do i need for useing it?

September 19th, 2017, 4:05 pm
Bottle Cap

Dianteli wrote:
How can i use this app? Which device do i need for useing it?

Currently it just works for Android version 4.0.3 and above.
To install the app, simply place it on a folder or a place you remember on your phone and install it as any other app.
In case that you directly download it on your phone simply click on it when it finishes downloading, your phone will ask
if you wish to install it and click Yes.
In case that your phone wont let you install the app because of security issues simply go to Settings and search for a
option called "Verify Apps", enable it and try again, after installation disable the option to keep your phone safe.
I hope this helps :)

September 20th, 2017, 2:14 am
Bottle Cap

Thx a lot for your answer and the app. Looks very good, cant wait to test it on the weekend.
I play the german version of the game, so it would be nice to have the cards in german. It would be a pleasure for me to translate the cards. What app or programm do i need to do this?

September 20th, 2017, 4:26 pm
Bottle Cap

I would help translating into German :)

September 21st, 2017, 8:15 am
Bottle Cap

I am too, but i have no idea how to edit the cards or the app?

September 21st, 2017, 3:16 pm
Bottle Cap

Dianteli wrote:
Thx a lot for your answer and the app. Looks very good, cant wait to test it on the weekend.
I play the german version of the game, so it would be nice to have the cards in german. It would be a pleasure for me to translate the cards. What app or programm do i need to do this?

Klena wrote:
I would help translating into German :)

Alright! Sorry for the late replay, I've been working on the app and other stuff. I've sent both of you message with the stuff you will be needing :)

September 22nd, 2017, 5:30 am
Bottle Cap

Thx for your message. Will check all the mentioned things and start the translation. Cool project :D

September 22nd, 2017, 3:15 pm
Bottle Cap

@Mangeluz
Thx for the info. can you give me please your mailadress, i have some questions and i am not allowed to send you a pn.

September 22nd, 2017, 4:33 pm
Bottle Cap

Me next week as well.
@Dianteli: Maybe one of us should start with the one file and the other with the other one or alphabetically so that we do not work together at the same cards.

September 24th, 2017, 11:44 am
Bottle Cap

Klena, could you also give me your email, caise i am not allowed to pn someone in the forum. So we could talk about this project.

September 25th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Bottle Cap

Dianteli wrote:
Klena, could you also give me your email, caise i am not allowed to pn someone in the forum. So we could talk about this project.
Klena wrote:
Me next week as well.
@Dianteli: Maybe one of us should start with the one file and the other with the other one or alphabetically so that we do not work together at the same cards.

Alright, I've sent both of you my e-mail :)

September 25th, 2017, 12:53 pm
Bottle Cap

Thx a lot, i have translated already the smaller file. I ll send it to you in the evening.

September 25th, 2017, 1:08 pm
Bottle Cap

Tomorrow evening I start then with the lager file beginning by all cards with A. But

September 25th, 2017, 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]