View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2017, 3:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Caffine-Free Cola 
Minion

Mentioned in passing on another topic, I've decided to mess around with this.. I'll see about making the model (from the quick and dirty picture, you can see it's a fairly easy edit model).

Now to go with Shadow Mode Candy, you have another mini-boss.. I was thinking of trying to rig him as a Pet or something but the main way would be to remake SM-Candy's card and I prefer not to when I don't have to ^_^; though due to the Mini-boss cut down this does mean less likely to get into battle (same issue with Ninja Cola really).

He's a nether shadow, which are the evil 'clones' of SD (apart from Midnight queen... when her favour text is released, it's gonna be interesting) and due to his lack of Caffeine, has little energy or movement with only 3 movement and 2 action points. Stats are fairly low end of average too.. but being so small, he has Small which limits attacks to a range of 3 squares, Dark Radiance which reduces all attack and defence rolls against him by one star (defence against him?.. it more means defending against an attack by him too I think.. just slight wording problem that is in the original text for the ability anyway), he is also immune to Status Effects.. With only 1 basic attack with only range of 1, that limits his attacks.. But partly balanced by his abilities. C.O. Void, which can attack an enemy who is up to 6 squares away, pulls them right up close, does a strength attack and inflects them by causing Slow, that is just a 1 Action Point attack so 2 can be done in a turn. There is also Decaff Attack, which targets up to 3 squares away and removes one potion from them.

ImageImage

Untested in combat, not designed to be Super powerfully strong. Comments welcome.

September 8th, 2017, 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

He'll never hit anything. The special attack is will based. Even the Str attack with 3B+1 is way too weak.

September 8th, 2017, 2:29 pm
Minion

most likely.

I think the Strength is fine for the character. 3 blue, each giving a 50-50 chance of a hit, between 1-2 stars each, maximum roll is 6 stars, likely roll is about... 2-3 stars. Weak but like I said, for the character that is about right.
the C.O. Void attack is .. well, I thinks that a mistake.. shouldn't have the STR label left there, and should be Str with a range of 6.
But like I said, he was meant to be weak-ish, and not a power house.. should what is basically a pet-minor annoyance character is the point. the idea for play style would more put him in a support role. I can't name some of the top of my head, but there has been quite a few games I've played (mostly RPGS and Action-adventure) where the mini-boss was pretty !SODA! weak, cause they were support. Good use against Heroes who love to sit back and snipe, he can pull them in, and against heroes who use potions for support, he drains them. But not meant as a fighter powerhouse.

problem is, I kinda forgot about the new status effect rules... might make the slowing effect slightly nuked but shouldn't be too bad.. so.. I should correct the Will to Strength, but I stand by the reasoning for 3B

September 8th, 2017, 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Xris Wraith wrote:
He'll never hit anything. The special attack is will based. Even the Str attack with 3B+1 is way too weak.

I agree, he would be an easy kill, even for heroes without loots. He is basically a free Treasure.

September 8th, 2017, 4:32 pm
Mini-Boss

Not to forget, the average roll if a B is 0.67 so 3B just give 2.1 stars on average. With dark radiance we stay at 3.1
If support is his game, the red action might be a blue one? Maybe he gets a potion action to use the stolen ones? Would set off his meagre 2ACT. Btw. Meagre as a keyword, why not? No easy treasure then.

Btw, I don't want to bash your concept, I like it in fact. But as he stands my group would consider him unplayable.

September 9th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Minion

fair enough ^_^ feedback is always important. I was debating the potion idea so he could use it.

I don't remember the 'Meagre' ability.. I take it it's like Insignificant but just does a block on treasure instead of loot and extra activation?

September 9th, 2017, 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Updated the card. Since I just updated the files, I'll just do a quick run down of what I've changed.
Strength has gone from 3 Blue to 2 Blue and 1 Red which is a minor but probably good boost. Added Potion Master ability to allow Cola to have and use potions, tweaked Decaff Attack to give the potion to Cola (Cola can now hold up to 2 Potions). Also gave him a Potion ability: "Why bother?". Targeting a model up to 4 squares away, the next time they need to roll a defence, they automatically lose the roll.. They just can't be bothered to defend. Also tweaked C.O. Void to use his Strenght

September 11th, 2017, 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Starting to sound like fun. Like the direction this is going.

September 12th, 2017, 7:09 pm
Denizen

3 MOV is also too few in my opinion, due to his low ARM he will have trouble getting into to the fight .

September 12th, 2017, 10:27 pm
Minion

the movements kinda part of the point though.. Tiles are about 12x12 I believe, so 3 is small. but he moves 3, has a pull with a range of 6, that gives him an affective range of 9.. 9 out of 12.. okay, structures can get in the way and all, but it's still a nice range.
Armour is low, I think that's fine. Dark radiance does reduce attacks by 1 star, along with the fact that a hero needs to be close (due to small) to attack him, by which point all his attacks are in range. and his health should keep him alive at least long enough for an attack.

September 12th, 2017, 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

What about ghost or hookshot to offset the low move respectively the structur problem?

September 13th, 2017, 5:25 am
Minion

possible.. I don't think Ghost would make logical sense..
as for hookshot.. "Actions with Hookshot do not require line of sight to target a model. Range must still be counted around walls and structures".. that fact that you need to count it bending around corners probably doesn't help too much.. Really Ghost but without the movement part might be nice.. Don't think there is already one so.. might need to think of a new one for that ^_^

September 13th, 2017, 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]