View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 10:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 SDE and Ebay 
Denizen

So I like to browse the SDE listings on Ebay in case of a good deal for a second warband, whatever. I own one of everything since the games inception, including the original pvp mouse pad material mat.

So along my browsing I am constantly seeing things regularly available on the website listed at 80+ $$$$

Example, sebastian cross, 89.99 starting bid. SPM store says in stock.

My question is, are things being discontinued and scalpers are trying to capitalize, or are people just not realizing they can pay normal price at the SPM store.

August 30th, 2017, 2:37 pm
Minion

I think theres some unwritten rule that there always has to be atleast one person that tries to artificially increase the secondary market value with ridiculous prices. They hope someone is just too lazy to search and find that the same thing is still for sale at a normal price.

happens with everything "collectible" or "limited/exclusive"

August 30th, 2017, 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

tat2artst wrote:
I think theres some unwritten rule that there always has to be atleast one person that tries to artificially increase the secondary market value with ridiculous prices. They hope someone is just too lazy to search and find that the same thing is still for sale at a normal price.

Just gets me nervous. My father sometimes plays and he likes to collect the minis. SO if they were going to be discontinued I was going to grab a batch from the store for him just in case.

August 30th, 2017, 6:54 pm
Minion

safe bet would be to pick one up now just in case. Once they run out of stock who knows what spm plans to do.

You could put it on ebay for $75 after if you change your mind ;) lol.

I have a set of the relic knights crossovers and I've been thinking about selling my 1st edition stuff since it doesn't really scale with the newer sculpts. If you don't grab them before they sell out.

I didn't like what they changed the sculpts to with the rk set, the only ones I would probably keep is the pirate girl and the girl running with the staff. sebastian is my least favorite of the bunch (well after the oni one, he's just terrible)

August 30th, 2017, 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

dsdrew924 wrote:
tat2artst wrote:

Just gets me nervous. My father sometimes plays and he likes to collect the minis. SO if they were going to be discontinued I was going to grab a batch from the store for him just in case.

1- Do you want to collect anything SDE related? Or would you prefer to have at least one of every mini with game rules?

SDE started out with a set of metal "preview minis" before they had their rules straight. Those metal minis are oversized for the game- otherwise they were all reproduced in plastic in the original SDE game box.

2- Would you want to collect older versions of some characters that have been replaced? The Twilight Knight, Soda Master Candy and three sculpts from the Caverns of Roxor have been replaced with newer sculpts. When the Legends Kickstarter delivers, we'll also have replacement sculpts for the entire 1st ed box as well as King Starfire.

3- SPM doesn't go crazy with their exclusives, but there are a few on the way. So far, all of them are crossover minis with other games, and they also seem to be making them out of resin rather than plastic:

- The Way of the Fighter chibis will all use stat cards for existing SDE heroes- so they're just alternate sculpts. It is unclear whether they will be available in the SPM store or for how long.

- Resin Twilight Knight will likely not be available for a very long time (currently available in SPM store).

- Takaoshi University crossover (3 heroes) will probably not be available forever either.

- The Siege of the Citadel (Mutant Chronicles) kickstarter featured a number of crossovers. In order to get them, you'll want to do a late pledge (don't worry, they aren't forcing you to get SotC just to get the chibis- although I do recommend SotC, it is a fun game).

On the SotC minis- you probably want to donate enough for the 'chibi pledge' right away, then wait until they've sorted out the 'chibi bundle' before you throw more money at it, since they're planning on creating a warband set, but the price and contents aren't fully worked out yet.

4- Sometimes, SPM just spend some time with things being out of stock. A lot of the single minis are "special edition." This usually means that SPM will sell them indefinitely out of their own store, but they only go out to other retailers for one round.

That's where the Relic Knights crossovers fit in, as well as most of the mini bosses, etc. They did one round of retail, and afterwards became SPM store only.

September 5th, 2017, 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Even if you just want to collect everything except those preview metal figures. Some things are going to be hard and expensive - metal candy and cola and King starfire !

Wasn't there also a resin kobold fron gencon that was later sold as a plastic model (big brute in plate arnour with a sword).

September 5th, 2017, 8:46 pm
Denizen

growlley wrote:
Even if you just want to collect everything except those preview metal figures. Some things are going to be hard and expensive - metal candy and cola and King starfire !

Wasn't there also a resin kobold fron gencon that was later sold as a plastic model (big brute in plate arnour with a sword).

Ser Snap jaw was originally available in resin.

September 5th, 2017, 9:23 pm
Minion

Soda Master Candy has been replaced with a newer sculpt? there was the Brave Mode Candy, Kunoichi Candy (really, that just means Woman but... oh well.. the fantasy meaning is female ninja) and shadow mode Candy (Mini-boss only) but they are more 'different versions' instead of new sculpt.. of course, any figure can be used as any figure so there is no problem swapping one candy for another... but I don't remember a new sculpt of the pricey Soda Master Candy....

September 6th, 2017, 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

ManicMan wrote:
Soda Master Candy has been replaced with a newer sculpt? there was the Brave Mode Candy, Kunoichi Candy (really, that just means Woman but... oh well.. the fantasy meaning is female ninja) and shadow mode Candy (Mini-boss only) but they are more 'different versions' instead of new sculpt.. of course, any figure can be used as any figure so there is no problem swapping one candy for another... but I don't remember a new sculpt of the pricey Soda Master Candy....

sodamaster and brave mode were merged into one. The single model comes with both stat cards.

September 6th, 2017, 10:31 am
Mini-Boss

Try this:
Aella13 wrote:
I've just finished my Soda Master Candy conversion:

I made her by modifying Shadow Mode Candy and Ninja Cola.

Here she is with my other Candy's.

And here's the video showing my process.

She immediately kicked Von Drakk's butt in her first game :D

September 6th, 2017, 1:51 pm
Minion

Usagi wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

sodamaster and brave mode were merged into one. The single model comes with both stat cards.

that was my view.. they weren't going to reissue the figure/resculpt it, and they decided to give you a card so you could use Brave Mode as Soda Master...

Always thought that got a bit confused with Cola though.. Original candy there was no pets, so part of the same figure.. no problem.. second one, there are now pet so he is a Pet figure.. third one he is.. erm.. a player in his own right.. Forth time, screw 'em.. No shadow mode Cola ¬_¬; easy to make rules for one though.. mm.. since i'm having to delay some bits.. I can rig up something nice but it'll have to edit Shadow mode Candy's card... cause it'll be like Midnight queen or something in that when you have Shadow Mode Candy, it comes with Shadow Mode Cola (.. what about 'Caffeine-free Cola'... that stuff is evil).. i'll think about that for fun..

September 6th, 2017, 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]