View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 10:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Super Dungeon Space Marine? 
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
But that was just talking about Doomslayer. I'm sure they'll be making more card and dice games as well.

I wonder if they got the rights to the RPG? For some reason, I'd bet on those spreading out a bit.

Now I have no doubt that they thought about Chibi crossovers when they made the deal. There is simply no way that they didn't examine the contract very closely to know whether or not it would be possible -and possibly negotiated based on that.

Now, if GW said "absolutely not" then it is still possible that SPM would have taken the deal.

GW definitely prevented FFG from making 40k and WFB compatible minis- but FFG made busts and out of scale minis (which can't substitute easily as 40k minis). Ages ago, GW had a deal with MB to make games- and Hero Quest, Space Crusade and Battle Master all had in scale Warhammer Combatible minis- but I'm betting that GW wants to keep those sorts of games in house.

Ultimately, if GW make chibi daemons, they'd be similar to the busts and out of scale minis FFG made.

The deal with MB was.. a bit different then that for one thing, it was a games workshop game published by MB, where as this is kinda buying the licence.. which is totally different, and it was when they were still a decent company.. now look at all the crap they do with the 'novel collection' and kiddie twists.. GM was a good company.. now they are just Warhammer and stuff.. which .. well.. I don't know much of the young crowd but now mostly it was a case of 'oh god no'. the days when Games workshop did a range of games of various styles went long ago.. look at the crap White Drawf is now... they took over Warlord, gutted it, and slowly start to make there mag worse and worse.....

and hang on.. why is this in the SD section? unrelated...

August 25th, 2017, 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I posted this in SDE to discuss possible SDE Crossover minis. And so far, all we know about the contract is that the NJ guy on facebook thinks Chibi Warhammer is a possibility.

I feel that most of what I'd like to see are Chaos. I guess that makes sense- I think Chaos is the most unique stuff in Warhammer.

Daemonettes
Fateweaver
Archeon the Everchosen
SLAMBO!

From 40k, I'd love to see

Ahriman
Harlequins
Genestealers

And probably a whole Chibi Horus Heresy. Here are some ideas I found online:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/fc/56/3d/fc563db2554bbc76be10d87dbebbd04b--warhammer--emperor.jpg

http://img15.deviantart.net/6b4b/i/2011/027/5/7/chibi_dark_eldar_archon_by_skeenoman-d386nbt.jpg

August 25th, 2017, 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I really hope this does not crash too much with other stuff I am actually interested in. Never been a fan of GW stuff (and especially not 40k) as it is often too gritty fantasy for me (I love cute and fuzzy stuff that fills me with warm and soft feelings). Buuuuut, if it means we might get SDE and Warhammer crossovers that is very much fine by me as it makes it easier to get those interested in that kind of stuff to try out SDE as some few weirdos finds it too cutesy for their tastes to even try it (blatant hypocricy as I do not try Warhammer because it is too gritty and not my taste :P ).

<3

When all realities in which you can lose are eleminated, first then can you be proclaimed the winner.

August 26th, 2017, 6:03 pm
Bottle Cap

Well... Seeing that Grey Knight I definitely need one!

August 27th, 2017, 6:55 am
Denizen

My impression from reading the post was , there was a chance of a dead tree version of a game (eg. a card game) he liked years ago.

August 27th, 2017, 1:01 pm
Minion

Firesplitter wrote:
I really hope this does not crash too much with other stuff I am actually interested in. Never been a fan of GW stuff (and especially not 40k) as it is often too gritty fantasy for me (I love cute and fuzzy stuff that fills me with warm and soft feelings). Buuuuut, if it means we might get SDE and Warhammer crossovers that is very much fine by me as it makes it easier to get those interested in that kind of stuff to try out SDE as some few weirdos finds it too cutesy for their tastes to even try it (blatant hypocricy as I do not try Warhammer because it is too gritty and not my taste :P ).

I'm with you. As long as it's still cute, I would play/buy crossovers, but I'm not into anything GW currently makes.

August 28th, 2017, 4:57 am
Denizen

I hope they dont do any crossovers, despite my love of Stormcast Eternals, I don't think the two setting go well together. I like that SDE is SDE and has its own feel.

August 28th, 2017, 4:53 pm
Minion

If Justin's and Deke's 2.0/Legends become a regular gaming experience at my household, I can see a Chrono Trigger-esque campaign...Crystallia, Kagejima. Outer Rim, SoTC decadent future, etc.

August 28th, 2017, 5:00 pm
Denizen

akai wrote:
If Justin's and Deke's 2.0/Legends become a regular gaming experience at my household, I can see a Chrono Trigger-esque campaign...Crystallia, Kagejima. Outer Rim, SoTC decadent future, etc.

Im doing a wow inspired style campaign on my own without legends rules.

August 28th, 2017, 7:15 pm
Mini-Boss

akai wrote:

Would you add Takaoushi U and the Plain of Faces (or Abyssal Woods, Inverted Mountain)?

August 29th, 2017, 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Found more. They aren't all in SPM style, but it wouldn't be too crazy for them to get there.

August 29th, 2017, 2:51 am
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
akai wrote:

Would you add Takaoushi U and the Plain of Faces (or Abyssal Woods, Inverted Mountain)?

It all depends on where young ones decide to go. I had to look up what Plain of Faces was referring to....so that that is the place where Twilight Knight comes from ^_^;;

August 29th, 2017, 4:09 am
Denizen

pretty sure there are some chibi minis of special named chars from the 40k universe, the leaders of each faction or some such, will try to find them

yep some here, http://legendarion.com/others.html

August 30th, 2017, 12:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2