View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2017, 5:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 This company sucks at communciatins. 
Denizen

Can't keep the people who backed the campaign informed with decent information yet can post things like this to the chibi gamers group on face book

"John Starck Cadice We anticipated being ready with 2.0, there are residual projects up for retail release that are on hold until Legends and 2.0 moves off the blocks.
We are providing as much verifiable information each week in our KS updates. Please join the conversation, we are reading, we are aware of your concerns, and we have NO reason to hold back work outside of our development track, and cleaning up how we will deliver final products to you, either as one big lot, or in multiple waves as things are ready.

The following items are ready and through initial reviews: laid out, and waiting for the go button -
Super Dungeon 2nd Edition
ALL miniatures and figure expansions

In final internal review:
Pet Parade
Super Dungeon Arcade

In final editing (before layout)
Super Dungeon Legends - with outstanding Consul's grimoire and a handful of color artworks to finish up the book.

Shambles is extreme, regrettable is more like it - we wanted to get this to you months ago, and lost a key member of the dev staff to illness. Things are on the mend, but without making excuses, we have to put our heads down and keep things going.

You WILL love what you are going to get, we are NOT obfuscating or hiding info, but we will NOT give you any information on something we cannot put hands or or verify ourselves, as manufacturing and issues being dealt with out of country suffer from more confusion in communications than I care to go into here, and has burned us before.

So, best realistic expectations first - and as we have just returned from Gencon, Rail Raiders over 90% delivered in the US, and the rest of the global product moving into distribution points - SDE is 100% our focus on the Soda Pop Studio.

Thank you all for holding on with us through this,
Like · 18 · 2 hrs"

edit I am not going to post the entire conversation Just Mr Candices replies - so here is the link to the thread if you want to see the other peopels questions\responses -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2416079 ... %22R%22%7D

"John Starck Cadice The legends content has been coming out. More updates out this week, but we pushed a big content wash from the How to Play and Heroes Handbook, soliciting feedback the entire way. The other content, creating characters, guides, jobs, skills, and other updates are pending internal review, then we are going to get them out into the light right away.
A huge shift took place internally in the design, and we believe its for the better - but the shift was started, interrupted by some major internal staff shifts, and now that we are back on track, you will be getting regular updates from us until we are ready to go!"

"John Starck Cadice No one understands more than I.
Its not a PM issue, it was a human resources, and health issue that knocked out key staff for an indeterminable time. Not something we want to wave about - but muscled through it. We are on the back end of that now, and people are healing and back up to steam, its been a slow process, and interruptions like that are not something planned for."

Edit* and having noticed the title I suck at typing . :lol:

August 24th, 2017, 2:27 am
Bottle Cap

Everything he said that you quoted as far as progress has been communicated through updates or here in the forums. I don't understand your complaint.

August 24th, 2017, 7:43 am
Denizen

Agree.. nothing new that relates to SD which hasn't been seen weeks ago on the kickstarter...

in fact, that's less information on them points then we had before.. the only bit you could comment on is 'ALL miniatures and figure expansions' when it comes to ready to go.. but then we were pretty much told that and it doesn't change the 'might be able to pack a bit more into wave 1 but don't hold your breath' view..

So.. complain is.. erm.. that they posted it to farcebook long after they posted it to the backers?

August 24th, 2017, 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

*communication ;)

August 24th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Bottle Cap

From update #99 (because I didn't remember either):

Quote:
We can trip on terms at times, but to be clear - we have clearly identified content of Wave 1, which has been completed, edited, and has gone through layout, and is in final proofing for print. This process takes a bit of back and forth - but the proofing process is the very last time we can touch the files before we hit the "go" button. This includes the 2.0 core game, and associated heroes and warbands in that wave.

Wave 2 Items (*as we hold out some hope to get this all together with legends) has been laid out, we showed you the cover for Arcade last week, has just started the proofing and editing process, looking over every tile, card, page and packaging element to be sure it all is ready to go.

August 24th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Mini-Boss

People have been complaining about SPM's communication and I honestly don't get it.

I've felt more informed about Legends than most Kickstarters. That's not to say that I've always liked what they have to say, but that's a different issue. In fact, I think they say the things we don't like a LOT more often than other companies that I've kicked or followed.

August 24th, 2017, 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Post u
Agreed. I've backed my fair share of kickstarters and SPM actually does a fairly decent job in comparison to most. They have had their moments where they could have done better, but I have to say that at least I know this game will be a good one with the amount of time and effort they are putting into it. Communication? Sure! Quality? Even better!

August 25th, 2017, 6:31 am
Minion

This is the only KS where I felt communication was at times sorely lacking, but I only backed half a dozen projects on KS. Still, 85% of the projects did better ...

August 25th, 2017, 11:04 pm
Denizen

I'm not sure if I follow this right... people trying to say that each kickstarter project is different and that there are SOO many projects by SOO many people that different people can have different options and experiences based on their different lives and interests?

wow..

sorry ^_^;

August 26th, 2017, 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

odinsgrandson wrote:
People have been complaining about SPM's communication and I honestly don't get it.

I've felt more informed about Legends than most Kickstarters. That's not to say that I've always liked what they have to say, but that's a different issue. In fact, I think they say the things we don't like a LOT more often than other companies that I've kicked or followed.

I think it feels like that because of weekly updates. There have been many empty updates while the community at large waited for answers like "new estimated delivery?" and "pics or it didn't happen" regarding to mini's. I have backed projects where I would not hear anything for months while the product was delayed with no estimates or anything, that is common if they do not know due to it being sort of out of their control. I have learned to always take the estimated delivery date with a grain of salt because the proofing process when working with people out of house always seems to take longer than expected with some errors that has to be corrected.

<3

When all realities in which you can lose are eleminated, first then can you be proclaimed the winner.

August 26th, 2017, 7:16 pm
Bottle Cap

I was missing a mini from one box. After a month of trying to email the company, they finally responded by saying they would send a replacement. That was a month and a half ago now and they have stopped replying to emails. They really don't seem to care at all.

October 27th, 2017, 6:36 pm
Bottle Cap

Samseeb wrote:
I was missing a mini from one box. After a month of trying to email the company, they finally responded by saying they would send a replacement. That was a month and a half ago now and they have stopped replying to emails. They really don't seem to care at all.

I would side with patience if I was you rather than jump to conclussions. As you are probably aware their customer service is swarmed because of reasons (good and bad). Spamming them definitely is not making things any better... I personally think people are taking this lynch mentality way too far. They have apologized for their missteps and deserve a chance to make things right - which takes time.

I myself requested a replacement base for a ghost creep mispack at some point during this ongoing commotion and one day it turned up in the mail. I do not remember how long it took, but snail-mail can take a long time depending on where you live. Perhaps they don't currently have one lying around and have to await new product to arrive? Who knows. Regardless, I am pretty sure that if they say they will send a replacement, they will follow through.

October 27th, 2017, 11:02 pm
Denizen

It's just best to calmly wait. Soda Pop Miniatures has always been slow at communications, but they definitely sent replacement as promised. They may also require a new print run before they have stock for replacements (was so with Roxor back in the days). At the moment I have been waiting at least 3 months of getting 1 missing Dark Souls card from Steamforged. They are apparently waiting replacement ship from China. So it's not uncommon things may take longer than expected.

October 28th, 2017, 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]