View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2017, 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Reaper Fantasy Chibi Miniatures 
Minion

For those not aware, Reaper Miniatures Bones 4 Kickstarter have some Chibi miniatures of their fantasy figures. They are more anime in aesthetic than their Special Edition Bonesylvania Chibi.

August 21st, 2017, 5:30 pm
Minion

Thanks, I pledged 1$ and will be waiting for the Core Set to be broken in smaller parts (I read in the KS comments it will), so that people can buy extras, in order to get the chibis.

August 21st, 2017, 7:35 pm
Minion

Correct. Pledging $1 will allow you to purchase the items you want post Kickstarter at Kickstarter price. You can also make purchase without pledging anything post-Kickstarer, but it will be slightly more expansive. It is still cheeper than the retail price though (from my experience from their last Kickstarter).

August 21st, 2017, 8:11 pm
Minion

Yes. And the sculpts look great! I realized I had ordered half of them a few years back as normal, non chibi, miniatures, just because I liked their looks.

August 21st, 2017, 8:17 pm
Denizen

I pledged $12 for the baby drakes (pictured just above the dragon turtle).

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/017/97 ... 61cd5aad99

August 22nd, 2017, 3:22 am
Minion

Funniest part is all the whingers in the comments about getting these for free with the $100 pledge...as if they are taking a "slot" that more traditional miniatures would take and how they "didnt ask for these, they should be optional"!

Some people just need to take a step back from the computer and breath now and then.

August 22nd, 2017, 12:09 pm
Mini-Boss

The same thing happened in Siege of the Citadel- there were a lot of folks who didn't want the mini that they threw in for free.

I'm not convinced that there are 'slots' in most kickstarter bundles.

August 22nd, 2017, 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I'm also interested in Small World expansion separately. Waiting for details how much would it be. If drakes had 6 minis then perhaps $12 as well. Would be great if next Bones is chibi only, though unfortunately their fulfillment center is located in UK only which might be a problem after March 2019 for most Europeans.

August 23rd, 2017, 5:28 am
Minion

Looks like the same sculptor as the impact ones

August 23rd, 2017, 10:08 pm
Mini-Boss

Firah wrote:

It doesn't look that way to me. These sculpts feature finer details than most of the Impact ones (especially look at Almaran's armor- Impact chibis don't have those sorts of features). Also, the hair is done differently from Impact's generally is.

Gene Van Horne is sculpting for Reaper. I don't remember the guy who does the Impact ones off hand, but I know it isn't Gene.

August 24th, 2017, 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

odinsgrandson wrote:
Firah wrote:

It doesn't look that way to me. These sculpts feature finer details than most of the Impact ones (especially look at Almaran's armor- Impact chibis don't have those sorts of features). Also, the hair is done differently from Impact's generally is.

Gene Van Horne is sculpting for Reaper. I don't remember the guy who does the Impact ones off hand, but I know it isn't Gene.

Doesn't Impcat! have a couple diff sculptors tho? i know for a fact that Velvet Mark has a few of his that impact did a deal with him on, one is the Crusader (AKA Castle Crasher Knight) but im not sure of the others he sculpted that Impact bought

August 25th, 2017, 2:10 am
Bottle Cap

Impact pays commission to sculptors who submit sculpts for their lines that get approved.

August 25th, 2017, 6:32 am
Mini-Boss

Yes, that is true. Impact! is a fabulous place for newer sculptors. You submit your minis, and they pay royalties that cap out above the 'industry standard price.' So if you sculpt something more popular, you get paid faster. And they take submissions, so you can get started that way.

Impact chibis are mostly by Juan Miguel Lopez Barea and Andrew May (although there are some others- like Velvet Mark). Impact and Reaper both credit their sculptors really well.

Gene Van Horne is responsible for the Reaper Mouslings.

August 25th, 2017, 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Oh, and Sophie!

August 25th, 2017, 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Of course Sophie is there.

Would love to see them painted, the blank eyes kinda detract from the sculpts, would be nice to see them with iris and such.

August 25th, 2017, 9:48 pm
Minion

If they're in the same sort of scale as the Bonesylvanians they produced for Bones 3, I would pass. The Bonesylvanians are definitely chibi, but they're not similar in scale or build. The problem with chibi is that once you decide to throw anatomy out the window, all bets are off - as long as they have ridiculously big heads, they're chibi. But SDE big heads are bigger than Reaper big heads, and I think if you put both of those minis on the table you would see a pretty startling difference.

I got all the Bonesylvanians last time, and I'm not happy about that. Based on that experience, and assuming Reaper would want their chibi minis to be close to these chibi minis, I'm not interested in any more Reaper chibis.

Yokai Quest, on the other hand, has minis I'm actually quite interested in converting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... okai-quest

The KS is closed, so the game probably won't see retail for a year or so, but they had some side-by-side shots of 3D printed minis and SDE minis, and they're close enough to make me happy.

August 26th, 2017, 11:42 pm
Denizen

Yeah i backed Yokai Quest, big fan of eastern folk lore,and the fact it was in the chibi style, insta back for me, and i will be making custom cards for the enemies and heroes for use in SDE.

August 27th, 2017, 1:32 am
Denizen

I asked and Reaper Miniatures said that it's likely that Small World Heroes are grouped separately, but they hadn't discussed about the cost yet. Hopefully the scale is close to Super Dungeon. I'm still not convinced about the Reaper Bones miniature quality, though, compared Soda Pop Miniatures or CMON.

August 27th, 2017, 5:07 pm
Denizen

I'm willing to wait for them to hit retail. With RRI already here and other IRL things happening, its not feasible or required to get these right this very second.

Might even support the FLGS and order them through there.

August 28th, 2017, 7:42 pm
Minion

The cost of these bones chibi miniatures at retail should be fairly inexpensive. If you plan to purchase a lot of Bones miniatures or even the large ones, you can save a decent amount of money though. My guess is that it will be ~$10-15 for the set of 6 during and post Kickstarter pledges.

For example the very large Ma'aldrakar, Dragon Tyrant was $60 dollar if you backed during the campaign. If you were late to the Kickstarter and pledge post KS campaign, it was $90. At retail now, the retail price for the Dragon on the Reaper website is $150.

August 28th, 2017, 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next