View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2017, 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 New crossover minis 
Mini-Boss

This is a issue caused by packaged miniatures like Cheetos.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

October 17th, 2017, 6:25 pm
Minion

Just trimming my Twilight Knight but found a defect. Plastic that is covering and in-between her right leg, the lantern and the base. I would put up pictures but it looks like I can't do that. Make sure to check yours. I might be able to make it/paint it as a rock as it's too thick to cut.

October 17th, 2017, 7:20 pm
Minion

Got my Twilight Knight, she seems pretty nice. Wish I'd not bothered with the heart and potion tokens however. What a :SODA: rip off, they are tiny and cost a decent bunch of pennies. I'd say final nail in the coffin really but we buried the !SODA! thing weeks ago. : :lol:

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

October 17th, 2017, 7:48 pm
Bottle Cap

Was just looking at my TK and discovered the same imperfection. Trying to figure out how to handle. Would really like to try and excise it but don’t want to potentially err and make it worse. :?

October 17th, 2017, 11:26 pm
Consul

Just chipping in that the order I placed 8/16/17 was changed from "processing" to "complete" today. So 69 days or a little over 2 months.
Not optimal, but better than I had feared.

October 23rd, 2017, 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
Just chipping in that the order I placed 8/16/17 was changed from "processing" to "complete" today. So 69 days or a little over 2 months.
Not optimal, but better than I had feared.

Mine was just marked as "shipping". To be honest, it's been so long, that I had forgotten about it!

October 23rd, 2017, 11:56 pm
Minion

Received shipping information yesterday and order was placed on 8/28/2017. Email inquiring about order was made in early October and I received a response to it last week. So I think they are almost catch up with their backlog of emails.

October 24th, 2017, 3:42 pm
Bottle Cap

Quick questions for those living up north in tipis and igloos (a.k.a. Canada) : did any of you had to pay customs upon delivery? They're charging me 19$ (Canadian, meaning maybe 12-14 US$) for TK and the 3 others. I know some of you living overseas pay even more, but it is rather unexpected and the first time I have to pay such a hefty amount of coins for so little plastic :S

November 7th, 2017, 4:54 pm
Denizen

Rainthezangoose wrote:
Got my Twilight Knight, she seems pretty nice. Wish I'd not bothered with the heart and potion tokens however. What a :SODA: rip off, they are tiny and cost a decent bunch of pennies. I'd say final nail in the coffin really but we buried the !SODA! thing weeks ago. : :lol:

If i can chime in on the tokens. I disagree. Yes they are small, but functionally they work fantastic. They are really nice looking. I bought 3 sets and use them always. Are they cheap for what they are, no, but are they nice, absolutely.

I too was expecting them to be larger, but after using them i think they are sized perfectly to stand out, but not hinder game play.

November 8th, 2017, 12:36 pm
Mini-Boss

sproutchu wrote:
Quick questions for those living up north in tipis and igloos (a.k.a. Canada) : did any of you had to pay customs upon delivery? They're charging me 19$ (Canadian, meaning maybe 12-14 US$) for TK and the 3 others. I know some of you living overseas pay even more, but it is rather unexpected and the first time I have to pay such a hefty amount of coins for so little plastic :S

I am from Canada and paid $17 in duties and handling. Not happy. Also, the quality of the figures is lower than what I have come to expect from this company including one enormous piece of flash that I am going to have to see off one head and then putty to cover the saw Mark's.

Overall not happy. But what's new these days?

November 8th, 2017, 1:41 pm
Bottle Cap

Spazzfist wrote:
sproutchu wrote:

I am from Canada and paid $17 in duties and handling. Not happy. Also, the quality of the figures is lower than what I have come to expect from this company including one enormous piece of flash that I am going to have to see off one head and then putty to cover the saw Mark's.

Overall not happy. But what's new these days?

Not much, not much I'm afraid. 8-)

I wonder what happened with said duties though, surprised me a bit. Gonna go to the post office tonight and see what's what.

November 8th, 2017, 3:14 pm
Mini-Boss

One thing I wanted to mention as well was that I was really surprised with the pin that was provided for the Occultist figure. In the past, I was always super impressed with SDE and how well their join pins worked (back in the day when you still had to assemble miniatures).

But, the little baby pin for the occultist, which is intended to also hold up the large book and tentacle is not really sufficient, and it took a few attempts to get it to stay and even now feels wobbly.

November 8th, 2017, 3:32 pm
Bottle Cap

Spazzfist wrote:
One thing I wanted to mention as well was that I was really surprised with the pin that was provided for the Occultist figure. In the past, I was always super impressed with SDE and how well their join pins worked (back in the day when you still had to assemble miniatures).

But, the little baby pin for the occultist, which is intended to also hold up the large book and tentacle is not really sufficient, and it took a few attempts to get it to stay and even now feels wobbly.

And I guess plastic cement is out of question, like the first edition minis? So we have to rely on that brittle super glue? :S

November 8th, 2017, 4:13 pm
Mini-Boss

It is a resin mini. Either score or pin it, then use super glue to finish the job. Just don't use a quick set- that makes the super glue a lot less strong.

These minis are significantly less work than the older metal and resin Relic Knights sets, and I can tell you from an experience I had at Gencon where a judge knocked my Sebastian Cross out of the case, causing him to become something akin to a rubble pile.

The mini won't break along a good scored or pinned glue line- it will break along the small resin fiddly bits that where cast in one piece. On these girls, I'd expect them to break at the ankles if they're dropped or stepped on.

(The judge felt really bad, apologized a lot and secured me the thing's I needed to fix him before judging. She's a friend of mine now).

November 8th, 2017, 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

odinsgrandson wrote:
On these girls, I'd expect them to break at the ankles if they're dropped or stepped on.

What kind of hellscape do you live in where horrors like this can take place?! :shock:

November 9th, 2017, 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Goblin-King wrote:
odinsgrandson wrote:
On these girls, I'd expect them to break at the ankles if they're dropped or stepped on.

What kind of hellscape do you live in where horrors like this can take place?! :shock:

Mob territory!

November 9th, 2017, 1:44 pm
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
It is a resin mini. Either score or pin it, then use super glue to finish the job. Just don't use a quick set- that makes the super glue a lot less strong.

This is the first time I heard about scoring parts to glue together. Is this something commonly used for resin parts. For the miniature hobby, I mostly see people talking about pinning (metal large pieces) so it sees anytime you have awkwards pieces, whether it is metal or plastic, pinning was the option suggested.

November 9th, 2017, 4:31 pm
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
odinsgrandson wrote:

I developed the instinct to look for ways that minis will break from my years of putting painted minis in the mail. Some postmen are horrible people.

akai wrote:
odinsgrandson wrote:

This is the first time I heard about scoring parts to glue together. Is this something commonly used for resin parts. For the miniature hobby, I mostly see people talking about pinning (metal large pieces) so it sees anytime you have awkwards pieces, whether it is metal or plastic, pinning was the option suggested.

I forget that there are people who don't know about this one.

Scoring works just like it does with clay etc. You take a hobby knife and make hash marks, which increases the surface area for the super glue. It works with metal and resin minis.

If you're gluing broad surfaces together, it can work really well, but I also often use it when areas aren't convenient for pinning (like the wrists on infinity minis).

I haven't found a great deal of need for it with plastic to plastic joins, and it is less useful when you're converting things (because the ends probably don't align properly anyway).

Some people misjudge the strength of good superglue because they use a quick set spray. That stuff would never make it through the mail.

November 9th, 2017, 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

So I got my minis today.
Besides not being on "dungeon" bases, I have no problems with these minis. Not really any significant amount of flash or anything.
I guess they are slightly out of style compared to other SDE minis. They are a bit too detailed, particularly their hair. But nothing too bad. Compare them to other minis and you'll see what I mean.

However, the cards were totally bent out of shape! The plastic clamshell packaging bends inwards in a curve where the card is stored! Whoever designed that packaging should be spoken sternly at!
I worry if I can save my cards. One was bent almost 90 degrees near the bottom!

November 9th, 2017, 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
odinsgrandson wrote:

Unfortunately, it doesn't even take that much. The ankle on the one with the hammer breaks really easily. I was cutting the sprues off when I twisted it slightly on accident and she snapped right off her slot. I was so mad at myself for doing that.

November 10th, 2017, 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next