View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 10:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 New crossover minis 
Ninja Corps

Okay a little disappointed the schoolgirls came with plain bases, they are still super nice. TK is especially cool as she is one piece including skull base.

-ape2020

October 12th, 2017, 3:26 am
Ninja Corps

Oh one thing i noticed was all the House girls have the trait Student. This means once per game they can use any unique action of any hero in the dungeon.

October 12th, 2017, 3:50 am
Denizen

and mines still processing getting really annoyed now

October 12th, 2017, 9:05 am
Minion

Got a shipping email yesterday. The only issue is they ignored my request to change my address, which is my fault because I knew they would ship two months after I placed the order. So now I hope no one has moved in and it arrives on a Saturday so I will have time to get over there.

October 12th, 2017, 2:33 pm
Bottle Cap

The plain bases through me for a loop as well, but aren't a huge issue for me. Overall the figures all look absolutely stunning and I'm glad I pulled the trigger on them.

October 12th, 2017, 9:42 pm
Consul

rudehero wrote:
The plain bases through me for a loop as well, but aren't a huge issue for me. Overall the figures all look absolutely stunning and I'm glad I pulled the trigger on them.

Waaiiiiiit whaaaaaaaat?

Didn't notice this before right now!
God gogging gammit! Why? Why why why?
A consistent look is very important to me. It was bad enough when they changed the design of the dungeon bases. This is actually a huge deal for me :(

The TK at least has a special themed sculpted base. That's okay. She is a crossover and she carries her own distinct theme with her.
I know the schoolgirls are also crossovers, but that's no excuse for just throwing in a plain base.

I sure hope they'll release a bag'o'bases at some point.

October 13th, 2017, 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

What size is the bases for the small hero? Anyone know of a good source for them?

October 13th, 2017, 5:04 pm
Denizen

ape2020 wrote:
What size is the bases for the small hero? Anyone know of a good source for them?

sde bases are 24 and 48 mm.

October 13th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Mini-Boss

You might be able to get based via 1st edition, when minis were not assembled. There seem to be loads of 1st floating around for little cash.

October 14th, 2017, 9:08 am
Minion

Xris Wraith wrote:
You might be able to get based via 1st edition, when minis were not assembled. There seem to be loads of 1st floating around for little cash.

Got slapped with a hefty £13 import tax for my twilight knight that isn't even here yet, If id have know id have gotten the school girls at the same time :laughs:

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

October 15th, 2017, 10:34 am
Minion

Rainthezangoose wrote:
Xris Wraith wrote:

Got slapped with a hefty £13 import tax for my twilight knight that isn't even here yet, If id have know id have gotten the school girls at the same time :laughs:

Yea usually there is a flat "handling fee" HMRC slaps on imports so it's better to get more at once.

October 15th, 2017, 11:03 am
Consul

Forget the delayed Kickstarter!

The fact that it's so amazingly hard to get stuff to stores outside the US, combined with the uncertainty whether these crossover models will be around forever, creates an extremely uncomfortable situation that's bound to be a lose lose for any non-US player.
Either you buy now and secure the models while they are in stock - and pay the hefty import tax.
Or you wait and hope they will hit ROW stores, but risk they are no longer available. Maybe they will? Maybe they won't?

I remember the Relic Knight crossover minis. It was a nightmare to secure a set.

I just can't understand why their release is so complicated.
Produce a miniature - announce it - sell it - ship it.
How hard can it be?

October 15th, 2017, 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Firah wrote:
Rainthezangoose wrote:
Xris Wraith wrote:

Yea usually there is a flat "handling fee" HMRC slaps on imports so it's better to get more at once.

I'm not expert on UK import laws, but Twilight Knight's value without shipping was less than £15 [vat threshold limit for UK explained here], right?. If it's possible to prove the value of item before added shipping cost, isn't it possible to avoid tax/custom charges all together? I'm located in Finland and I have been able to purchase several items from Miniature Market divided into several separate small shipments of value $24 + shipping. Because items' value is less than 22EUR, it's possible to import VAT/customs freely even though shipping cost would put the total value above the threshold limit. I think Miniature Market separates item and shipping cost in their invoice.

October 15th, 2017, 11:17 am
Minion

Sadly in the UK you pay vat on shipping too so it's almost impossible to get something from the US for less then £15.

then royal mail charge you the (I think) £7 for the pleasure of being taxed.

So if you import something worth £15.01 including shipping you pay £25.01

October 15th, 2017, 12:53 pm
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:
Forget the delayed Kickstarter!

The fact that it's so amazingly hard to get stuff to stores outside the US, combined with the uncertainty whether these crossover models will be around forever, creates an extremely uncomfortable situation that's bound to be a lose lose for any non-US player.
Either you buy now and secure the models while they are in stock - and pay the hefty import tax.
Or you wait and hope they will hit ROW stores, but risk they are no longer available. Maybe they will? Maybe they won't?

While it has been unclear how long they'll be available, as I recall, it was fairly clear they were direct sale exclusives.

October 15th, 2017, 2:02 pm
Consul

Imriel wrote:
While it has been unclear how long they'll be available, as I recall, it was fairly clear they were direct sale exclusives.

Oh! Well... in that case it's even worse!
You only have the choice of paying the absurdly high import taxes AND it might become unavailable at any given time AND you can't avoid this annoying long delivery time.

Again this begs the question of "why"?!

What reason is there for these particular models to be released in this particular way?
Are they expecting them to sell worse than any other random old hero?
In which case, why not make some models they think WOULD sell well? (BHHPP miniatures anyone? ;) )

I... I just don't GET it :(

October 15th, 2017, 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I'd pay the extratax if they would only change my !SODA! order from processing to shipping!

October 15th, 2017, 4:06 pm
Minion

RoyalMail: "we have to collect a 4 quid tax so we are charging you a £8 charge to collect that tax"
Me: "thats a monopoly"
Royalmail: "no it isnt"
Me: "Can i pay the tax directly before expected parcels arrive"
Royalmail: "no you have to let us do it and then we charge you a 'handling' fee"
Me: "Right :roll: "

=
Unfortunately for who ever said, I jumped the gun and bought the twilight knight as soon as it came out, and the anime school girls came out a day later (or i just missed them as). I've also decided to not give Ninja Division a penny going forward, at least not directly because of there p*** poor handling of the current kickstarters and the frequent ignoring of my attempts to create a dialogue on the topic outside of these forum. If I got uber despret its coming second hand of ebay but even that would be a push.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

October 15th, 2017, 11:35 pm
Consul

growlley wrote:
I'd pay the extratax if they would only change my !SODA! order from processing to shipping!

I paid crazy tax as well, but it was out of fear that these would impossible to get if I missed this window.
That's honestly a horrible environment to be a customer in.

Yadda yadda yadda... If you don't like it...
yadda yadda yadda... vote with your wallet...

I don't wanna be the revolutionary without any miniatures... :(

October 16th, 2017, 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Minion

So I just now got my Twilight Knight and she needs a little trim but otherwise all is well...although the character card looks like it was slightly used (barely noticeable though...apart from my keen eyes) as some parts of the outer edge have turned white (if you have a lot of cards and don't sleeve them then you know what I mean).

October 17th, 2017, 2:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next