View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 10:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 New crossover minis 
Bottle Cap

Lizardman wrote:
that Ebay auction is the dudes second crack at offloading it for inflated prices, he tried on BGG first up and got shut down by folks aware of this re-release, was a good chuckle

Really? She tried to resell it on bgg?
That's hilarious (if she bought it from me only to sell it again)

August 18th, 2017, 1:38 pm
Mini-Boss

dsdrew924 wrote:
I agree with this line of thought, but I have mental problems and can't not own them. So my friends bought them from the booth this morning for me, WEEEEEE~!!!!!

So your friends were able to buy it there? I paid for mine online and went to have a friend pick it up, only to be told that he was not allowed to get them and they would be mailed to me after Gencon. what the hell is going on with this company?? :evil: :evil: :evil:

August 18th, 2017, 1:45 pm
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
dsdrew924 wrote:
I agree with this line of thought, but I have mental problems and can't not own them. So my friends bought them from the booth this morning for me, WEEEEEE~!!!!!

So your friends were able to buy it there? I paid for mine online and went to have a friend pick it up, only to be told that he was not allowed to get them and they would be mailed to me after Gencon. what the hell is going on with this company?? :evil: :evil: :evil:

not sure what the complaint is, ordering it online and having a friend pick it up at the con would be a logistics nightmare if it wasn't arranged ahead of time. It really isn't the same thing as giving you friend money and having them buy it at the con.

August 18th, 2017, 2:45 pm
Mini-Boss

Imriel wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:
dsdrew924 wrote:

not sure what the complaint is, ordering it online and having a friend pick it up at the con would be a logistics nightmare if it wasn't arranged ahead of time. It really isn't the same thing as giving you friend money and having them buy it at the con.

The complaint is that that is what they said they were doing. That is why I preordered. that is why I arranged to have a friend find them and pick them up. If it's going to be a logistical nightmare, then fine. But don't say that you are going to do it and then not do it. (And then take down the newsletter which proves it)

August 18th, 2017, 3:07 pm
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
The complaint is that that is what they said they were doing. That is why I preordered. that is why I arranged to have a friend find them and pick them up. If it's going to be a logistical nightmare, then fine. But don't say that you are going to do it and then not do it. (And then take down the newsletter which proves it)
To my knowledge, it was only offered as an either or: either purchase it at GenCon or order it from the website for delivery.

Where did you hear that you could purchase them on the Soda Pop Store and then pick them up at GenCon? I'm not seeing anything about that in the last newsletter.

August 19th, 2017, 1:11 am
Denizen

yeah i don't recall being able to purchase on the soda store and pick up and gen con, thats some crazy logistics to handle for an already crazy busy period

August 19th, 2017, 1:38 am
Ninja Corps

Even if that was the case, being able to buy it online and pick it up at a convention...sending someone else would almost surely invalidate that arrangement. If you did that, anyone could show up saying they represented anyone, and just walk away with minis someone else paid for. Why would thy open themselves up to that kind of liability?

August 19th, 2017, 2:00 am
Consul

ND_nekodachi wrote:
To my knowledge, it was only offered as an either or: either purchase it at GenCon or order it from the website for delivery.

^This quite frankly... :|

August 20th, 2017, 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Usagi wrote:
Even if that was the case, being able to buy it online and pick it up at a convention...sending someone else would almost surely invalidate that arrangement. If you did that, anyone could show up saying they represented anyone, and just walk away with minis someone else paid for. Why would thy open themselves up to that kind of liability?

There are a lot of logistics problems involved with a "pick up at con what you pay for elsewhere." Which is why Rail Raiders ultimately didn't do it (they had less than a week to get all of that organized- it just isn't worth the couple days extra you get out of it).

August 25th, 2017, 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Those students were tempting, but they don't look like they fit in Crystalia very well. At least the cosplay minis from WotF look like they could belong in SDE, even if they don't have cards. The students don't really seem like they belong.

August 28th, 2017, 6:27 pm
Ninja Corps

InfinityMax wrote:
Those students were tempting, but they don't look like they fit in Crystalia very well. At least the cosplay minis from WotF look like they could belong in SDE, even if they don't have cards. The students don't really seem like they belong.

The way of the fighter minis do have cards. They are just not new classes.

August 28th, 2017, 6:38 pm
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
dsdrew924 wrote:

I didnt order them, they just bought them for me at gencon.

August 28th, 2017, 7:13 pm
Minion

anyone that ordered the gencon minis online get a shipping confirmation yet? I know they're probably scrambling to get the rail raiders stuff sorted.

August 29th, 2017, 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

tat2artst wrote:
anyone that ordered the gencon minis online get a shipping confirmation yet? I know they're probably scrambling to get the rail raiders stuff sorted.

No word yet.

I've ordered things around Gencon before, and they tend to get out the door later than normal (I've had that experience from SPM and also from other companies that attend Gencon).

August 29th, 2017, 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
tat2artst wrote:

No word yet.

I've ordered things around Gencon before, and they tend to get out the door later than normal (I've had that experience from SPM and also from other companies that attend Gencon).

I dunno if this was in reference to it or not, but the little SPM homepage has a post saying something will be shipped in the next few weeks if you preordered . http://sodapopminiatures.com/

Might be talking about the Taokashi University Crossovers. I know I remember reading somewhere them saying they had to make more, but this time i can't remember where...

August 30th, 2017, 1:03 am
Minion

FB Chibi gamer group. John Cadice said that.

Can't find the post you reference to, insider.

August 30th, 2017, 8:52 am
Minion

Does anyone else find it odd they pre-assembled the resin minis? Theres some pics on ebay of the twilight knight in blister assembled, but on the store site it says "multipart resin kit".

Hoping they just did that for gencon seems it would be harder to get all the flash off assembled.

August 31st, 2017, 12:49 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Looking for a reason to post this. BellOfLostSouls has a vid showing the ND Gencon booth, they show a close up of the 3 figures and they seem un-assembled in the blisters. Its at 2:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x00ZSTV93NQ

August 31st, 2017, 11:44 am
Minion

cool, didn't see that video. I pre-ordered the enforcer, atleast those ones are unassembled.

August 31st, 2017, 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I found this image on eBay, they appear to be mostly assembled or only one piece. They also seem to have plain bases

August 31st, 2017, 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next