View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 24th, 2018, 6:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 New crossover minis 
Denizen

I am quite happy that they're producing resin miniatures, and don't mind cleaning up flash. But they need to provide bases and cards that match the rest of the game. Making a one-off specialty mini is great, but not if it's not going to be part of the whole game.

I won't buy any more of these Masterclass minis until I know the card thing and the bases have been fixed.

March 16th, 2018, 2:37 pm
Denizen

InfinityMax wrote:
I am quite happy that they're producing resin miniatures, and don't mind cleaning up flash. But they need to provide bases and cards that match the rest of the game. Making a one-off specialty mini is great, but not if it's not going to be part of the whole game.

I won't buy any more of these Masterclass minis until I know the card thing and the bases have been fixed.

I agree max, at the price point its at, it should come with the stylized base and correct card.

March 16th, 2018, 3:23 pm
Ninja Corps

the bases and card don't bother me so much. I'm actually surprised at how egregious it seems to be to some people.

This isn't a dig or anything. different things are of different importance levels to people. We need not think to hard on smooth versus sculpted eyes t know that. XD

I like the black bases for higher quality minis because (if I were ever to motivate myself to this level) I can fancy those bases up much better. they have a bit of a wider area to work with. even sans the scenic basing, though, different bases have never been something that bothered myself or my group. I mean, even the original SDE promo figure had a black plastic base with the old metal candy figure. :P

March 16th, 2018, 4:32 pm
Denizen

Usagi wrote:
the bases and card don't bother me so much. I'm actually surprised at how egregious it seems to be to some people.

This isn't a dig or anything. different things are of different importance levels to people. We need not think to hard on smooth versus sculpted eyes t know that. XD

I like the black bases for higher quality minis because (if I were ever to motivate myself to this level) I can fancy those bases up much better. they have a bit of a wider area to work with. even sans the scenic basing, though, different bases have never been something that bothered myself or my group. I mean, even the original SDE promo figure had a black plastic base with the old metal candy figure. :P

I agree with this whole heartedly at the same time. Truth of the matter is, I do Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k. The fact I didn't have to base these was for me a laziness win. The bases looked great and simple and it needed minimal effort to make them look phenomal with just some paint and static grass.

Now I actually have to base something and My laziness is offended. Hahaha.

March 16th, 2018, 5:15 pm
Ninja Corps

The plain bases do bother me be only a little, since I have a ton of extra models I got when I bought lots off of eBay. So I'm going to break off one of the big mosters off and us it base. It the same thing I'm doing for the other crossovers expect TK.

March 16th, 2018, 5:33 pm
Denizen

ape2020 wrote:
The plain bases do bother me be only a little, since I have a ton of extra models I got when I bought lots off of eBay. So I'm going to break off one of the big mosters off and us it base. It the same thing I'm doing for the other crossovers expect TK.

I was thinking of using REX's base for him.

March 16th, 2018, 7:06 pm
Denizen

If I had spare bases, I would consider that, but I don't. But really? I shouldn't have to. If you show me a picture of a sculpted SDE base, send me a sculpted SDE base. This ain't a Kickstarter any more, and you can't change the deliverable after you make the sale.

March 16th, 2018, 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8