View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 So "GUTS" 
Minion

Thoughts? Anyone wanna start..?

August 9th, 2017, 2:35 am
Denizen

depends on the price and availiblity I tend to print my own for flames of war etc. Edit from what they have on the shop site not that impressed - would mean building a whole new army and what game would you use them in as no one else will be using chibi ww2 figures.

More concerned with the 3 sde figures and the updated twilight knight sculpt I will have no chance of ever getting because I am not american.

August 9th, 2017, 3:59 am
Minion

growlley wrote:
depends on the price and availiblity I tend to print my own for flames of war etc. Edit from what they have on the shop site not that impressed - would mean building a whole new army and what game would you use them in as no one else will be using chibi ww2 figures.

More concerned with the 3 sde figures and the updated twilight knight sculpt I will have no chance of ever getting because I am not american.

3 sde figures? Updated Twilight knight?

August 9th, 2017, 5:09 am
Consul

growlley wrote:

He says without linking... :roll:

As for GUTS? Not SDE? Not interested.
They look nice as is expected from SPM/ND, but the novelty of chibi miniatures is certenly not enough to make me want a game.

August 9th, 2017, 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I don't think they're actually for a specific game, as much as they are simply chibi army men. To me it seems like a niche product at best.

I'd also be interested in the link for the SDE figures, especially given SPM's stance on exclusives...

August 9th, 2017, 6:49 am
Minion

From: https://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/ninj ... con-plans/

SUPER DUNGEON: NEW HEROES – Just in time for Gencon, 3 new crossover heroes for direct release only will be available at the booth. Stop by and pick up the House Cerberus Occultist, House Unicorn Diviner, and the House Siren Enforcer.

SUPER DUNGEON: TWILIGHT KNIGHT from KINGDOM DEATH – A refresh on one of our most popular crossover miniatures for Super Dungeon, the Twilight Knight returns to Super Dungeon with an all new sculpt of this immensely popular hero. The Twilight Knight will be available at Gencon, and the Ninja Division webstore.

The crossover miniatures look like the 3 Takoashi University SDE chibi girls we saw when the new exclusive policy was officially announced.

I wonder what "direct release only" means concerning their availability. I think they will be available at the SPM/ND store as well, since, according to Deke at the last SDLegends Update (#99): "It has been a while since we had anything released for Super Dungeon, but we will have pre-orders up soon for some special miniatures, compatible with the new rules, just in time for Gencon.". Since I cannot comment on the KS (late backer thanks to the capital controls in Greece), if anyone could clarify it would be welcome and great! :D

August 9th, 2017, 10:42 am
Minion

spyrosbeam wrote:

SUPER DUNGEON: NEW HEROES – Just in time for Gencon, 3 new crossover heroes for direct release only will be available at the booth. Stop by and pick up the House Cerberus Occultist, House Unicorn Diviner, and the House Siren Enforcer.

SUPER DUNGEON: TWILIGHT KNIGHT from KINGDOM DEATH – A refresh on one of our most popular crossover miniatures for Super Dungeon, the Twilight Knight returns to Super Dungeon with an all new sculpt of this immensely popular hero. The Twilight Knight will be available at Gencon, and the Ninja Division webstore.

The crossover miniatures look like the 3 Takoashi University SDE chibi girls we saw when the new exclusive policy was officially announced.

I wonder what "direct release only" means concerning their availability. I think they will be available at the SPM/ND store as well, since, according to Deke at the last SDLegends Update (#99): "It has been a while since we had anything released for Super Dungeon, but we will have pre-orders up soon for some special miniatures, compatible with the new rules, just in time for Gencon.". Since I cannot comment on the KS (late backer thanks to the capital controls in Greece), if anyone could clarify it would be welcome and great! :D

Oh- HO! Crossover figures you say...? 3 You say...? How much you wanna bet...:
http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/upl ... 00x368.jpg

*edit* yea I probably should have rad your whole post... lol

Last edited by insider714 on August 9th, 2017, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 9th, 2017, 1:53 pm
Minion

At least with that repreint I may be able to finally get the TK... and as a single model, I won't have to sell a kidney to pay for postage...

August 9th, 2017, 1:59 pm
Mini-Boss

http://sodapopminiatures.com/guts

Where have I seen that sort of thing? ... ah yes, here
http://rivetwars.com/

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

August 9th, 2017, 2:13 pm
Minion

Nephastus wrote:
http://sodapopminiatures.com/guts

Where have I seen that sort of thing? ... ah yes, here
http://rivetwars.com/

Do you one better... :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vPwVsEjzens

August 9th, 2017, 2:17 pm
Mini-Boss

Problems with name of their products, again...?

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

August 9th, 2017, 2:19 pm
Mini-Boss

Nowhere in any of that does it mention exclusivity for the figures though, just that they will be available at gencon. growlley should be able to get them at a fair price, though shipping might be high for a small purchase...

August 9th, 2017, 2:36 pm
Mini-Boss

insider714 wrote:
spyrosbeam wrote:

I'm not sure, I don't know that those names feel like they go with those minis. Is there a game with house Cerberus, Unicorn, and Siren?

August 9th, 2017, 4:07 pm
Mini-Boss

insider714 wrote:

You might want to start by not assuming that we all know what you are talking about. At least provide a link!

August 9th, 2017, 4:38 pm
Minion

Spazzfist wrote:
insider714 wrote:

You might want to start by not assuming that we all know what you are talking about. At least provide a link!

My bad, it was on the facebook page, so I assumed itwas common knowledge.

Imriel wrote:
insider714 wrote:
spyrosbeam wrote:

I'm not sure, I don't know that those names feel like they go with those minis. Is there a game with house Cerberus, Unicorn, and Siren?

I'm pretty sure those are them, "Occultist" and "Enforcer" seem to fit, plus they said they were crossovers... but don't quote me until they go onto preorder.

August 9th, 2017, 4:43 pm
Mini-Boss

Well I do love these models! I am unable to make it to Gencon this year, but I do have some friends going down. I will definitely be asking them to pick these up for me!

August 9th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Mini-Boss

I am a SDE fan (to a point). I also bought into Ninja All-Stars and still enjoy that game, but that game also has a lot of, what I would consider to be "technical issues" with the game. SDE also had some technical issues, which got much worse with SDE Forgotten King. In short, while I am already hooked in with SDE (mainly for the models), I do not trust Sodapop as a game designer and will into buy into any more of their games.

August 9th, 2017, 5:01 pm
Mini-Boss

I haven't been following SDE 2.0 as much as I have Relic Knights, but I can say that the hiring of Justin Gibbs has had a big, largely positive impact on the mechanics of their games.

August 9th, 2017, 5:09 pm
Denizen

Sorry , no point in linking there are no pictures I can find and it just mentions in passing 'house sirens' for sde (which from the other thread I gather are the previously shown TU figures) and mentions the esculpted T Knight will be available at the convention booth.

August 9th, 2017, 6:09 pm
Mini-Boss

growlley wrote:
Sorry , no point in linking there are no pictures I can find and it just mentions in passing 'house sirens' for sde (which from the other thread I gather are the previously shown TU figures) and mentions the esculpted T Knight will be available at the convention booth.

The article linked higher in the thread says the T Knight will be available at the booth and online. SPM has said they themselves will never do a true exclusive figure. They might have things that are only available at cons and online promotions, but they don't like having gameplay exclusives.

August 9th, 2017, 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next