View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Super Dungeon Arena - More Players 
Minion

Due to a UK seller (yay) I've finally been able to pick up a copy of Super Dungeon Arena.. admittedly mostly for the Fennek 'Arena Champion' figure which makes it a bit of a waste of money but it's not really like that's the only selling point (still odd, I'm sure early estimates before the fully announced it said more likely to have 2 heroes but never mind).

anyway, looking at the rules and how they are for playing more like old Multi-player mode on combat games, I started to think.. it's not TOO hard to say, have 4 players, or 3. though more would be a pain.. just a slight change to starting areas on the board ( reduce the size of the starting zone, move it to more corner based) and it might work fine.. but it does make the map much smaller.. so it would need to go to more tiles possibly.. without testing, just brain storming some ideas.. of course, for some game modes, to counteract the 'smaller' board size, increasing points required to win might work...

August 1st, 2017, 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Minion

I think the best way of getting four players would be to add five tiles, make its a 3x3 board and play normally but with two teams of two warbands with a player at the head of each.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

August 1st, 2017, 4:55 pm
Minion

I can see the idea for that but.. mm.. 3x3... starting zone would change from 2 tiles across to half of one, a full tile, and half of the next.. it would also put players much closer to others.. instead of having a set size 'battleground' area, that area would be smaller because the N player would be closer to W and E then to S etc.. that's part of the problem of balance.. with players closer together, it would need points needed to win to increase

August 2nd, 2017, 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
I can see the idea for that but.. mm.. 3x3... starting zone would change from 2 tiles across to half of one, a full tile, and half of the next.. it would also put players much closer to others.. instead of having a set size 'battleground' area, that area would be smaller because the N player would be closer to W and E then to S etc.. that's part of the problem of balance.. with players closer together, it would need points needed to win to increase

Honestly mate in the team death match game mode the points to win are too small anyway, like it would never happen after the other win condition, so I ignore it completely. However in regards to board, you could do it with the arena tile plus two normal tiles, it doesn't REALLY matter. I said 3x3 because squares XD

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

August 2nd, 2017, 6:07 pm
Minion

fair enough ^_^

August 2nd, 2017, 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

At one point 2 player Arena was done on a 1 x 3 board consisting of 3 tiles in a line essentially giving each player a tile to set up on and one in the center to fight over. I feel it would be easy enough to continue this concept with both 3 and 4 player variants by having each player set one tile on an edge of a common central tile. Obviously some tiles serve better in the center than others and some even present some very interest interaction possibilities.

August 22nd, 2017, 11:37 am
Minion

yeah.. making a + shape ^_^

August 22nd, 2017, 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

or a "T" if only 3 players, but yes. Deployment had to be on the far 1/2 of the starting tile from the center one for each player as well if I remember correctly.

August 23rd, 2017, 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]