View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 21st, 2018, 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Turtle Shells and Bone Piles 
Denizen

kinda yeah ^_^ I guess so..
Though there aren't really any token card templates or any kind... mmm...

================

July 27th, 2017, 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Usagi wrote:
Because they have a subtle, but important, difference from the shells with one being a model and the other being a token.
Which is a factor in Super Dungeon: Arena.

A defeated turtle becomes a turtle shell. As a model, it still counts as an enemy in games like King of the Hill.

A defeated skeleton becomes a bone pile. As a mere token, it does not count as an enemy.

July 28th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Denizen

ND_nekodachi wrote:
Usagi wrote:
Because they have a subtle, but important, difference from the shells with one being a model and the other being a token.

A defeated turtle becomes a turtle shell. As a model, it still counts as an enemy in games like King of the Hill.

A defeated skeleton becomes a bone pile. As a mere token, it does not count as an enemy.

Consider, however, that the Bone Pile tokens are much more powerful than Turtle Shells. Bone Piles cannot be attacked, only destroyed by moving near them and spending movement to stamp them into dust, and on top of that, you can instantly raise any minion that has "Bone Pile" from it if you bring a Necromancer or similar nearby.

August 4th, 2017, 1:17 pm
Ninja Corps

Clawandbyte wrote:
ND_nekodachi wrote:
Usagi wrote:

Consider, however, that the Bone Pile tokens are much more powerful than Turtle Shells. Bone Piles cannot be attacked, only destroyed by moving near them and spending movement to stamp them into dust, and on top of that, you can instantly raise any minion that has "Bone Pile" from it if you bring a Necromancer or similar nearby.

Well to me bone piles are easier to deal with then shells: heroes on avg have 6 movement points and uses them rather quickly to automatically crush a pile. On the other hand a hero has to use at least one of its 3 action points to take out a shell and it is not automatic.

Shells can also be moved around to block movement and effectively create walls, plus become weapons for Rollers and Crushers turtles that aren't easy to take down.

As for raising the monsters that do that are really squishy and requires them to be in range and waste AP.

I've played with both and always found the shells more critical and useful then bone piles.

-ape2020

August 4th, 2017, 1:44 pm
Denizen

ape2020 wrote:
Well to me bone piles are easier to deal with then shells: heroes on avg have 6 movement points and uses them rather quickly to automatically crush a pile. On the other hand a hero has to use at least one of its 3 action points to take out a shell and it is not automatic.

Shells can also be moved around to block movement and effectively create walls, plus become weapons for Rollers and Crushers turtles that aren't easy to take down.

As for raising the monsters that do that are really squishy and requires them to be in range and waste AP.

I've played with both and always found the shells more critical and useful then bone piles.

-ape2020

tons of pros and cons here..
~Bone piles require 2 movement points to destroy while you are next to them. Heroes have 6 movement points average
+Turtle Shells require 2 Action points (1 possible). Heroes have 3 movement points average
~Bone Piles do-not block line of sight or movement
+Turtle shells DO block line of sight and movement the same as normal figures.
~Bone piles can come back from the dead as a range of Bone based enemies, allowing a small weak Bone Head to even come back as stronger Dust Mage, which in turn can raise more, meaning a well planned consul (and/or poor planned heroes) can have waves of unbeatable monsters even AFTER spawning has ended (like when the Boss is in town).
+Turtle shells are dead. Once a turtle is reduced to his shell, it isn't coming back
~Bone piles can only be defeated next to them
+Turtle shells can be picked off at a range
~Bone Piles just sit there with no interaction
+Turtle shells can be picked up and thrown by monsters (but sometimes destroyed in the process)
~Bone Piles do not progress the Loot Counter
+Turtle shells... Also do no progress the Loot Counter
~Bone Piles do not grant points in Arena rules
+Turtle shells do grant points in Arena Rules

depending on if you are playing as a player or as a consul, this can be good or bad. as consul, you might like slowing down the heroes with Turtle shells while get your minions ready, or you might like to pile on wave after wave of monsters and have them keep coming back. as a Player, you might like easily to destroy bone piles, or you might prefer not having to fight wave after wave of unending minions.. In arena, you might like bone piles because you have the option of being in more monsters right where you want them without losing points to the enemy, or you might prefer to be able to throw a ranged weapon into the enemy...

play style seams to matter a fair bit..

================

August 4th, 2017, 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Yes, the one being a token and the other a model makes a huge difference in how they play (I hadn't thought about King of the Hill).

August 19th, 2017, 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2