View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Requesting Your Feedback -- Kickstarter Update Graphic 
Denizen

We're looking for feedback on the new continuing update graphic we rolled out this week.

Do you find it helpful? Is it clear? Is it too cluttered? Is there something you'd like to see that isn't on there?

Please post any feedback and/or suggestions below.

April 14th, 2017, 10:28 pm
Minion

The explanation text is a bit hard to read, but other than that, great job! Very clear and detailed progress report.

April 14th, 2017, 10:36 pm
Minion

I mean people who study layout and desing could probably offer good criticism, I just have to say that it gives me the information I want.

April 14th, 2017, 11:04 pm
Consul

Good enough.
For increased readability make some space between

Fulfillment - 0%

and

Wave 2 - Development - 60%

It kinda reads like the go together.
But like Chozo said; it gives the information. This is a minor thing.

April 14th, 2017, 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Looks good - but yeah, maybe just bigger text for the descriptions - don't be afraid to make the whole thing bigger (I suppose if you have limits on how *wide* it can be, just making it longer could work, I'm sure you could still get the whole thing to fit in one screen without having to scroll down)

Good update!

April 14th, 2017, 11:21 pm
Bottle Cap

Either indent the phases below wave 1 and wave 2 or have a gap between waves to make it look a little clearer.

April 15th, 2017, 12:26 am
Mini-Boss

Other than the lack of the Silver Chevalier on the graphic, I think it looks good. Just space out the lines a bit more.

April 15th, 2017, 1:58 am
Minion

The parenthesis around the description text are unnecessary; the formatting serves that purpose well enough.

It may be clearer if the description text were sploit into two sections:
- the "definition" part that is always the same. ("This includes...")
- the recent-progress-update part, which I'd expect to change from week to week. ("Legends Explorer Guide is written...")

Can we get a breakdown of the non-Legends (models, etc.) vs. Legends (rules and 3 books, artwork) tasks?
Without the breakdown, I'm guessing the non-Legends stuff must be almopst done, and the last 40% is the 2 legends rulebooks and the playtest?

April 15th, 2017, 3:20 am
Denizen

You don't need the grey space to the right of the small descriptive text for a progress bar, so expand that text to the right. That should allow you to double the font size.

April 15th, 2017, 7:26 am
Bottle Cap

Eternaldream has the right of it.

0/10 needs more Silver Chevalier.

Other than that, perhaps layout should be separate from prepress and manufacturing? I mean, layout takes a WHILE, right? Maybe the graphic could track like '50% of this wave is laid oout' as i think layout is the last huge-major hurdle before manufacturing?

April 15th, 2017, 9:25 am
Denizen

Chozo Tull wrote:
I mean people who study layout and desing could probably offer good criticism, I just have to say that it gives me the information I want.

+1

April 15th, 2017, 4:18 pm
Minion

The wording does need to be a bit bigger and it would be nice to have a space between the waves.

April 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Ninja Corps

Also agree a good change for weekly updates. Maybe breaking out the next milestone and have it listed under the % bar? It seems like there is way more space dedicated to the bars, which really don't give much information. Echo'ing others, shrink the bars and give the text more room.

April 15th, 2017, 6:03 pm
Bottle Cap

Hey Neko, I just have one question, what are the two Hero/Mini-bosses? I'm asking since I'm interpreting the Crownguard and Frostbyte Ravagers warband as a complete set. :)

April 16th, 2017, 10:01 pm
Minion

The forum ate my first reply to this thread, so I decided to give my feedback in a different way :)

This is my quick attempt at how I would modify the graphic. The text comments from Wave 2 were left unedited for the sake of comparision.

The changes I made above are mostly cosmetic. If you are after more fundamental feedback, then I would question the type of information that is being provided in the graphic. The comments add detail that is honestly better communicated as either text accompaning each update, or as separate line items indented underneath each main point. For example:

Wave 1 (62%)
-- Development (100%)

-- Artwork, sculpting .... (100%)

-- Development (60%)
---- Mightnight Tower (900%)
---- Pet Parade (80%)
---- Arcade Mode (60%)
---- Solo hero cards (100%)

In this way the graphic reads more like a Gantt chart with specific progress of each step shown, together with a summarised progress bar for each phase (development, artwork, fullfillment etc) and a high level summary at the wave level.

Contributing to the Compendium:

April 17th, 2017, 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Minion

+1 with Topher's post!

April 17th, 2017, 11:13 am
Minion

+1 on topher, Although there is a typo un the image since development of Wave 2 is at the end of Wave 1 :p

Else, +1 as well on the detailing by product

April 17th, 2017, 12:16 pm
Minion

Millenia wrote:
Although there is a typo un the image since development of Wave 2 is at the end of Wave 1 :p

Haha well spotted mate. I'm curious to see what elements of our feedback get incorporated into the next update graphic.

Contributing to the Compendium:

April 19th, 2017, 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Topher, that's great. Those bright colors make that chart WAY easier to read. And given the cartoon/video game feel of SDE, the bright colors are wonderfully thematic as well.

April 20th, 2017, 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]