View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2017, 4:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Testudo Tower: A Super Dungeon Boss is NOW AVAILABLE! 
Denizen

Testudo Tower is a new dungeon boss for games of Super Dungeon Explore. This expansion box includes the new dungeon boss,
Testudo Tower, and six hardshell Demolition Expert creeps. The expansion box also includes Classic and Arcade Mode Cards for
monsters, as well as themed Treasure Cards, making it a fun addition for fans of Super Dungeon Explore.

The ground trembles and shakes with each step of the mightiest of all rocktops, the Testudo Tower! The biggest and coolest of
all rocktop crushers, Testudo Tower rules the rough and rocky caverns beneath the Dragonback Peaks. Easily seduced by the
allure of flashy trinkets, and determined to keep up with the latest fashion trends, the Testudo Tower happily sells his services
to the highest bidder.

Super Dungeon introduced the world to the whimsy and charm of chibi-miniature board games, inspired
by classic video games, and continues to be the leader in providing a fun and lighthearted family board
game experience. Strongly supported with dozens of expansions that provide new Heroes, monsters,
dungeon tiles, and gameplay options, Testudo Tower is sure to join the Super Dungeon family of products
as a staple of family game nights worldwide!

CONTENTS
• 1 Testudo Tower Dungeon Boss
• 6 Demolition Expert Creeps
• 2 Classic Mode Monster Game Cards
• 2 Arcade Mode Monster Game Cards
• 1 Testudo Tower Boss Fight Card
• 6 Treasure Cards

Available now in the Soda Pop Store!

April 14th, 2017, 3:13 pm
Denizen

Mine's already on the way, CANT WAIT!

April 14th, 2017, 3:24 pm
Denizen

Great ! Hope we will see it soon in EU ;)

April 14th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Minion

I'd like to point out, now that I have it, that there are no explore cards with it. They are not listed in the contents of the box either, so neko could you tell that to whoever advertises? I know since they are being rotated out we don't need them, just don't want you guys catching more flak.

April 14th, 2017, 3:54 pm
Denizen

Doma0997 wrote:
I'd like to point out, now that I have it, that there are no explore cards with it. They are not listed in the contents of the box either, so neko could you tell that to whoever advertises? I know since they are being rotated out we don't need them, just don't want you guys catching more flak.
Thanks for catching that.

April 14th, 2017, 4:03 pm
Minion

First to post a picture for scale gets two thumbs up from me! Been curious about the size of this guy since we saw the initial art. Is he as big as it looks?

April 14th, 2017, 4:56 pm
Minion

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5988468B

The detail is amazing. He feels really really small though. He's roughly the size of a crusher, but ability-wise he combines all the rocktops. I'm not sure if that link will work, but if it does, I used Vandella because she was the easiest to get to.

April 14th, 2017, 5:05 pm
Consul

Doma0997 wrote:
https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17951805_10208904284501457_8308896652999490492_n.jpg?oh=cb1dad827b6632d902f97f4109a23a58&oe=5988468B

The detail is amazing. He feels really really small though. He's roughly the size of a crusher, but ability-wise he combines all the rocktops. I'm not sure if that link will work, but if it does, I used Vandella because she was the easiest to get to.

Looks good!

Not to be pushy, but can you post the rest too? The cards and creep models. Pweease! :)

April 14th, 2017, 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Awesome, thanks man! Looks like size-wise he might be on par with Nocturne, Goro and pretty much any other boss so far...

April 14th, 2017, 5:27 pm
Minion

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59829189

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59526D72

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59534103

Frustratingly, he seems meant to work with his creeps, but has no way of spawning them, so the pet parade expansion is going to be important for him. Granted he works well with the other rocktops, but still, I want to see those little guys.

April 14th, 2017, 5:33 pm
Minion

and for no other reason than because I can.

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=594E632A

April 14th, 2017, 5:41 pm
Minion

Doma0997 wrote:
and for no other reason than because I can.

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=594E632A

This picture makes me very jealous, mostly because you have a King Starfire.

April 14th, 2017, 5:57 pm
Consul

Thanks for the pictures mate :)

What does Volatile and Bulldozer do?

Also OMG they STILL produce cards with the transparent icons!
Look at the Demolition Expert... the white parts of the ARM shield is transparent.
It's fixed on T-Tower though.
I wonder if they are even aware of this recurring error?

Edit:
I wouldn't say he "needs" the creeps. It's more like they need him.
But he does indeed need some support to use his Turtle Tosser attack.

I'm kinda surprised. Justin said all models who came packaged with creeps would utilize them somehow.
But these are pretty disconnected.

April 14th, 2017, 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:

Look at the Demolition Expert... the white parts of the ARM shield is transparent.

Edit:

I'm kinda surprised. Justin said all models who came packaged with creeps would utilize them somehow.

Bulldozer: A model with Bulldozer may move through enemy models, and treats difficult terrain and structure squares as open squares. All non-blessing tile effects in those squares are ignored.

Volatile: When a model with Volatile is destroyed, before removing the model, resolve the following action:
(R) (sword), Wave 1, +2R STR

Basically if the tower throws them, he hits with the throw, then they explode and hit again. Which is why I wish he summoned his own creeps. That's what I meant by he seems to want to work with his creeps, that's all.

April 14th, 2017, 6:20 pm
Employee

Goblin-King wrote:

Edit:

Yeah, that's a plan going forward. This was already in the pipeline though.

All the more reason that tweak to Pet Parade was a good one.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

April 14th, 2017, 7:21 pm
Minion

@Nekodachi - I placed an order last week that has not been shipped yet. I sent an email today about possibly adding Tetsudo Tower to that order to save on shipping, but I was wondering how long does it usually take from order placement to items actually being sent?

April 14th, 2017, 7:22 pm
Minion

Doma0997 wrote:
Basically if the tower throws them, he hits with the throw, then they explode and hit again. Which is why I wish he summoned his own creeps. That's what I meant by he seems to want to work with his creeps, that's all.

It sounds like you are saying the boss throws a Demo Expert at a target doing a hit, then it explodes doing another hit, but I don't think that's right. it looks like the tower doesn't throw the turtles.. it targets the turtle at range to detonate it and cause it to explode. The attack is Dangerous allowing it to target friendly units and it has Throw which, if the Demo expert is targeted by, causes them to explode regardless of result.

I prefer your idea tho.

April 14th, 2017, 7:42 pm
Denizen

Testudo Tower
- Turtle Tosser: Throw 6

Demolitions Expert
- Toss Me: If this action is targeted by an action with Throw, after resolving the results of the action, destroy this model. Volatile is triggered by Toss Me

Throw X: ... Every model it stops adjacent to, friendly or enemy, suffers an offense roll of (+1 blue die) per square the model moved.

Volatile: When a model with Volatile is destoyed, before removing the model, resolve the following: (Red button) Wave 1, (+2 Red die) STR

So if Testudo Tower uses Turtle Tosser to throw a Demolition Expert, the target will take damage. The Demolition Expert will then explode, possibly causing more damage.

April 14th, 2017, 8:03 pm
Minion

had this whole thing typed up explaining all of that, so ninja'd in a way. Thank you neko!

April 14th, 2017, 8:05 pm
Minion

The Rocktops in general were always kind of a sloppy design; they're outshined by so many other monsters and don't have much practical utility at this point, unless you can land them with "Grabby" or something from another spawn point.

A) the Slowpokes should've been the only Rocktop with a shell form. It would've been cleaner. With the inclusion of "forced shifts" slopokes should've been hit into a "forced shift" to their shell form, but the shell form should've been able to shapeshift back into a slopoke, i.e. almost mini Kingsprouts that can shift back. That way, it's a tradeoff: they have limited mobility, but have survivability and you have to spend a turn to reactivate them to get them back to fighting form. The average seasoned SDE veteran can just stay out of slowpoke range and pick them off one by one.

B) "throw" or any mechanic thereof needs to be redesignd to include the "thrower's" attack roll in the attack. Lobbing your allies at the expense of the "ammo" taking a wound should at LEAST grant the added bonus of having a higher attack value, otherwise why waste essentially 2 units to try and set up 1 attack with all blue dice, which are garbage anyways. Couple that with the twisting corridors of new tile setups and "throw" strategies just aren't viable, and rocktops don't have the mobility to just attack heroes normally. PLUS with this method combined with my pervious idea for the slowpokes, a slowpoke in normal form could take damage from being thrown to turn into a shell and still have some longevity, thus removing the mobility problem. It's all about synergy.

April 14th, 2017, 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next