View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 24th, 2017, 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Possibly new play - question about KS exclusives 
Bottle Cap

Hello,

I am thinking about taking the plunge into SDE... and I have of course missed the most recent Kickstarter. My question is: Are there any Kickstarter exclusives for Legends? Or for the previous KS campaign for that matter?

My hope is that everything will be available in Retail so I won't miss anything.

Thanks!

April 6th, 2017, 8:47 pm
Bottle Cap

The Ninja Division policy has long been no gameplay exclusives... So everything in the Legends KS should come to retail eventually... Although I'm not sure they plan to make the alt-gender heroes (which are the same as the base game heroes in terms of gameplay) for retail. You'll probably wait for at least some of it tho -- I just now was able to acquire a retail Jorogumo from the Ninja All-Stars KS, 15 months after the KS content shipped.

However, Ninja Division has been moving slightly away from their exclusives policy, and there are a couple of cross-over sets floating around. The Way of the Fighter Chibis are all effectively alt-sculpts for existing heroes, but the Siege of the Citadel cross-overs I think are going to have their own stats.... You can still get in on these KS by the way.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/27 ... escription
http://sodapopminiatures.com/way-of-the ... ickstarter

Most of the existing product is still available at retail if you look hard enough, but a few specific models are hard to come by, as they have been discontinued. This includes the Twilight Knight, and most of the Relic Knight cross-overs (and even if you find the Relic Knights cross-over models, you'll have trouble finding the upgrade deck to make them playable with the 2.0 rules.)

Best of luck collecting!

April 7th, 2017, 5:14 am
Minion

jmcminn wrote:
The Ninja Division policy has long been no gameplay exclusives... So everything in the Legends KS should come to retail eventually... Although I'm not sure they plan to make the alt-gender heroes (which are the same as the base game heroes in terms of gameplay) for retail. You'll probably wait for at least some of it tho -- I just now was able to acquire a retail Jorogumo from the Ninja All-Stars KS, 15 months after the KS content shipped.

However, Ninja Division has been moving slightly away from their exclusives policy, and there are a couple of cross-over sets floating around. The Way of the Fighter Chibis are all effectively alt-sculpts for existing heroes, but the Siege of the Citadel cross-overs I think are going to have their own stats.... You can still get in on these KS by the way.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/27 ... escription
http://sodapopminiatures.com/way-of-the ... ickstarter

Most of the existing product is still available at retail if you look hard enough, but a few specific models are hard to come by, as they have been discontinued. This includes the Twilight Knight, and most of the Relic Knight cross-overs (and even if you find the Relic Knights cross-over models, you'll have trouble finding the upgrade deck to make them playable with the 2.0 rules.)

Best of luck collecting!

This is the most accurate reply. I will add though, the heroes that you will have trouble getting should definitely not be a deterrent, this game still has a ton of heroes, all of which breathe excellent life into this game. This is my favorite board game of all time and I have to say the amount of options is still great even without those few.

Good luck, and enjoy!

April 7th, 2017, 1:16 pm
Consul

dawggoneone wrote:
Hello,

I am thinking about taking the plunge into SDE... and I have of course missed the most recent Kickstarter. My question is: Are there any Kickstarter exclusives for Legends? Or for the previous KS campaign for that matter?

My hope is that everything will be available in Retail so I won't miss anything.

Thanks!

At least one miniature I can think of has been discontinued.
So while the Twilight Knight wasn't exclusive per se, it's now unavailable beside from eBay scalpers.

April 7th, 2017, 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Twilight knight was a crossover miniature from KDM, so I think it has a bit unique status compared to other heroes.

April 7th, 2017, 3:30 pm
Minion

The Twilight Knight discontinuation has been a hot topic as of late mainly because of their non exclusive policy.

I see both sides of the fence on it.

1. It is not considered exclusive because it was a crossover promo, it was available on the webstore for a good length of time. There was no reason you couldn't get your hands on it for a good while.

2. While this model being not an exclusive makes you feel as though you can grab it anytime, that may not be the case. Companies have the right to stop producing things at their own choosing.

However, based on the things you are having a hard time getting the side of the coin that I lean towards is why?

If the RK cross overs, TK crossover, and Upgrade deck were available. People would buy them. So im not entirely sure why they would discontinue them. Specifically right now. This kickstarter is going to breath new life into the game. People are going to buy up everything, or dig their stuff back out. This would be the time to stock everything so people can give their money to SPM.

It seems like a poor marketing decision, but I don't work there, its not my company. Now, if you want any of that limited release stuff, scalpers are on e-bay will hit you hard for it. A metal Candy-cola sold on Ebay for 100 bucks. A twilight knight went for 250 dollars. I got my TK from the web store for I want to say 12.99?

Wrap your brain around that 12.99 versus 250.

Or SPM could produce them, even if in a small run and make money it. Just my two cents.

Anyway, point of rant: There is nothing that is exclusive or some strange sub-category of that term. Everything is or was available on the web store. I am glad I own everything and bought it all when I did. But with the release of Arena and Needing classic cards for it, I don't understand why they wouldn't print the upgrade deck? What if your wife threw them out in the move by accident (not that could have happened. anger. rage.) What if you only play arcade and got rid of CM cards? So now you have an expansion you couldn't use if the compendium was never created.

I'm just saying, there's no reason not stock these things that I can see, but again, I don't work there, so I don't know. Food for thought if an employee is reading this.

April 7th, 2017, 3:41 pm
Bottle Cap

Thanks for all of the replies. Think I will start with just Forgotten King to see how I like things. Though I would have loved to have gotten in on the Legends KS.

April 7th, 2017, 8:07 pm
Minion

dawggoneone wrote:
Thanks for all of the replies. Think I will start with just Forgotten King to see how I like things. Though I would have loved to have gotten in on the Legends KS.

I would maybe wait 2nd Edition Classic release, though, since rules are getting a major overhaul. Then you don't need to learn multiple rule sets. Unfortunately getting the 2nd Edition box released still takes a few months.

April 7th, 2017, 8:40 pm
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
dawggoneone wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!

So while the Twilight Knight wasn't exclusive per se, it's now unavailable beside from eBay scalpers.

Don't forget the old King Starfire as well (although he's getting a very nice re-sculpt via Legends).

Odd thing- there's not been any confirmation that any of the Way of Fighter minis will be exclusives (they were not labeled as such in the WoF campaign, for example).

Ninja Division does do something they call "Special Edition" minis. These minis go out to retailers for the first round, and after that, they become available only through the Sodapop webstore. This is true of quite a few single mini expansions, but none of the larger box sets.

April 7th, 2017, 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

odinsgrandson wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
dawggoneone wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!

Don't forget the old King Starfire as well (although he's getting a very nice re-sculpt via Legends).

I did not forget. While the original model is retired, the King Starfire Boss card/rules have continually been available.
He has never "mechanically" been discontinued.

April 7th, 2017, 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Soda Master Candy might be now discontinued. The only place I know to get her card is the upgrade deck unless Brave Heart Candy has it. Heard nothing of a replacement or re-sculpt like KS.

April 8th, 2017, 10:17 am
Employee

ape2020 wrote:
Soda Master Candy might be now discontinued. The only place I know to get her card is the upgrade deck unless Brave Heart Candy has it. Heard nothing of a replacement or re-sculpt like KS.
If by Soda Master Candy you mean the metal Candy and Cola, she has been discontinued for a very long time.

The updated card, Soda Master Candy, is included with Brave-Mode Candy.

April 8th, 2017, 2:14 pm
Bottle Cap

ND_nekodachi wrote:
ape2020 wrote:
If by Soda Master Candy you mean the metal Candy and Cola, she has been discontinued for a very long time.

The updated card, Soda Master Candy, is included with Brave-Mode Candy.

Seeing as I have Brave Mode Candy, Kuniochi Candy, Shadow Mode Candy, and there will soon be a Candy cosplay model from Way of the Fighter, it's quite easy to find a stand in model if you really want to play Soda Master Candy (aka Candy and Cola). I'd love to have copies of Candy and Cola and the original King Starfire, but I don't consider it a gaping hole in my collection, and it's not a hole in terms of gameplay options at all.

April 8th, 2017, 5:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]