View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What are the chances of the upgrade deck restocking 
Denizen

The upgrade deck has become insane. It's 149.00 on amazon.

With the release of SD arena, I would have hoped they did a new run for people to get any missing cards they have monsters (Or if they got thrown out in the move. :x )

because there are none available, the few places you can get them, they are going for astronomical numbers. Any way we can get insight on when these will be available again if at all.

For now the compendium works, but I would rather have the cards.

April 4th, 2017, 3:41 pm
Bottle Cap

Maybe in the meantime you could check the SDE compendium website and get the cards you need? If you already have the monsters, just print and sleeve until you can get the real thing?

http://sde.invarti.com/

BTW, this compendium, it has become great and it really makes you want to have everything. Heads up Ninja DIvision, this kind of presentation is awesome and a great seller... just saying ;)

April 4th, 2017, 6:22 pm
Denizen

sproutchu wrote:
Maybe in the meantime you could check the SDE compendium website and get the cards you need? If you already have the monsters, just print and sleeve until you can get the real thing?

BTW, this compendium, it has become great and it really makes you want to have everything. Heads up Ninja DIvision, this kind of presentation is awesome and a great seller... just saying ;)

Its what ive been using, and I literally own everything SDE

April 4th, 2017, 7:19 pm
Bottle Cap

dsdrew924 wrote:
sproutchu wrote:

Its what ive been using, and I literally own everything SDE

I third that. The unique playstyle of some of those standalone heroes helped me realize how incomplete my collection really is :D

April 4th, 2017, 10:33 pm
Minion

According to the most recent trade newsletter from Ninja Division, the upgrade deck is being discontinued.

April 6th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Bottle Cap

Between this and the Twilight Knight... Ok, I realize that you can't produce low quantity cheaply. But I wonder if they could price out a minimal small run, and do a KS like "when target number of orders are reached, this run funds" thing, and basically take orders conditional on getting enough orders to make the run worthwhile. (Note I am pulling numbers out of thin air here, but it makes the gist): I get that ND can't make 100 of these, sell 25, and sit on the rest of them in their warehouse forever, but they could price out a run of 50 (note: it'll cost a little more), take the 25 "conditional orders", and wait to see if they get another 25 before charging and fulfilling the whole lot.

Just a thought in general for "discontinued" products... But that said, they may also be looking at a smaller deck containing the dark heroes, and cards for the NPCs as heroes, and stuff like that, and may toss in a few odd-ball cards like the 2.0 Relic Knight hero cards while at it. When 2.0 releases, the conversion deck is mostly redundant as far as new players. King Starfire and the base game will have 2.0 cards in the new game. Soda Master Candy's card was packed in with Brave Mode Candy. Roxor and Von Drak have 2.0 releases. And no, I'm not suggesting people buy entire sets for the cards, but for NEW players, the conversion kit is largely not needed now. If you still have 1.0 versions of most of this stuff, you probably got the upgrade deck if you wanted it when it was available. I have the upgrade deck, and most of it sits in my box of duplicate cards at this point, and another huge chunk is destined for there when I get my hands on wave 1 of Legends (yeah, I can't resist new sculpts... Just take my money).

PS: I don't have a dog in this, since I have the conversion kit, and the Twilight Knight, but if I was a new backer for Legends, the inability to get some of the figures would annoy me. (And note, I am not putting that on ND -- they have a business to run, and they can't do things that aren't profitable, but that's why I offered an alternative idea).

April 6th, 2017, 2:23 pm
Minion

What they absolutely could do, if they don't want to do a whole print run, is make the cards POD. It's quite possible to set up an account with a third-party vendor who would be able to print whole packs as needed, one at a time. The price point would be quite a bit higher, but for those players who missed the upgrade cards and wish they could get them again, it's a solution. FFG used to do it all the time (I haven't bought an FFG game in so long that I don't know if they still do).

April 6th, 2017, 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]