View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Twilight Knight Hero is Officially Discontinued 
Denizen

last_magic_user wrote:
I have actually tried contacting the Soda Pop Miniatures info groups, trying to ask if I could purchase or receive the Twilight Knight print file and use my own 3d printer for personal use only. They still refuse to get back to me. I don't know what else to do, because I really REALLY want this mini, but I don't have one hundred dollars to drop on it. That's just ridiculous.
Who did you contact? I am not finding any emails from you in regards to the Twilight Knight. I did just receive a PM from you, but that was replied to within twelve hours.

Regardless, Ninja Division will not release the digital print files for any of our models.

Goblin-King wrote:
I can see Twilight Knight is actually in the store, but out of stock.
Was it EVER in stock or was it de facto a kickstarter exclusive?
Yes. The Twilight Knight was available in the Soda Pop Store.

As Insider714 also pointed out, it was also offered as a bonus during a particular store promotion.

DungeonCrawler wrote:
I'm not sure if it ever was in stock since the FK KS. I didn't add it to my KS order and have been keeping an eye on the webstore.
What really bugs me about this announcement is that I emailed SPM in December '16 and was told this,
Ninja Scott wrote:
We currently expect the Twilight Knight to be available in the future, but we are not sure when.

Please keep an eye on the Soda Pop store. As soon as we have more in stock, we will make them available there.

Gutted that I won't be able to get it now.
At that time, we were planning on printing more of the Twilight Knight. Unfortunately, those plans changed and it was recently decided to discontinue the Twilight Knight.
I am sorry that it happened this way.

February 25th, 2017, 4:03 pm
Denizen

ND_nekodachi wrote:
At that time, we were planning on printing more of the Twilight Knight. Unfortunately, those plans changed and it was recently decided to discontinue the Twilight Knight.
I am sorry that it happened this way.

No worries, I'll get over it. I appreciate the apology.
Out of interest can you give any background on the reason? Was it to do with licence issues with it not being SPM IP?

February 25th, 2017, 4:43 pm
Denizen

DungeonCrawler wrote:
Out of interest can you give any background on the reason? Was it to do with licence issues with it not being SPM IP?
I can say that the decision to discontinue the Twilight Knight had nothing to do with licensing issues.

February 25th, 2017, 4:55 pm
Denizen

So it's the fact it's an irrelevant useless model without creeps? :lol:

February 25th, 2017, 6:53 pm
Minion

Dear nekodachi,

You have answered about the 3d print files, and I totally respect that.

What about the card, though ? Are you able to say anything about it ? I would love having the pdf file, even though of course I would rather have a "real" SPM/ND card ?

Much thanks, have a nice day :)

February 25th, 2017, 7:38 pm
Minion

There is a scan of the character card on the SDE Compendium. Would that be sufficient?

Contributing to the Compendium:

February 26th, 2017, 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Topher wrote:
There is a scan of the character card on the SDE Compendium. Would that be sufficient?

I already answered to someone who linked it to me. While I respect (and approve) the scanning and all the compendium job, I have a kind of brain block to using a scan (even an HD scan) to print my card. I'd rather go from the original HD pdf file to print it..

February 26th, 2017, 5:06 pm
Bottle Cap

Spazzfist wrote:
Salaura wrote:
Its a really nice mini, but if push comes to absolute shove and I wanna play her, I'll find a proxy mini.

+1 and dare I say that there may be other games that might have a close proxy? Arcadia Quest

Male model, but Phyx in the Inferno Box basically is a male twilight knight. (glad to have ordered the twilight knight when it was in stock).

February 28th, 2017, 2:29 am
Mini-Boss

Acrylic tokens are officially discontinued also? http://sodapopminiatures.com/super-dung ... token-pack

SPM could make a clean-up on webstore itens which no longer will produce again.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

March 1st, 2017, 5:01 pm
Denizen

so you might say knight has officially fallen

March 1st, 2017, 6:24 pm
Mini-Boss

DungeonCrawler wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
I can see Twilight Knight is actually in the store, but out of stock.
Was it EVER in stock or was it de facto a kickstarter exclusive?

I'm not sure if it ever was in stock since the FK KS. I didn't add it to my KS order and have been keeping an eye on the webstore.
What really bugs me about this announcement is that I emailed SPM in December '16 and was told this,

It was briefly available outside of the Kickstarter- I remember they had a bit where if you bought X amount of stuff, you got a free Twilight Knight.

But she's been out in the store for a very long time.

I wonder if the deal they had with Kingdom Death prevented them from making more of them (and they didn't expect to run out of stock so quick). They also had to re-negotiate their deal with KDM in order to make her non-exclusive, and recently had another deal for the Candy in the new Kickstarter.

I am very glad that I have a twilight knight- she's kind of the basis for my kingdom death set (I have a lot of other KDM chibis done. I need to take more photos).

March 2nd, 2017, 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

odinsgrandson wrote:
I wonder if the deal they had with Kingdom Death prevented them from making more of them (and they didn't expect to run out of stock so quick). They also had to re-negotiate their deal with KDM in order to make her non-exclusive, and recently had another deal for the Candy in the new Kickstarter.
Again, I can say that the decision to discontinue the Twilight Knight had nothing to do with licensing issues. Kingdom Death had no bearing on the decision.

March 2nd, 2017, 3:42 pm
Mini-Boss

Could make sense add Twilight Knight into a possible retail box of Pet Parade, just because her power against creeps.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

March 3rd, 2017, 11:26 am
Mini-Boss

ND_nekodachi wrote:
odinsgrandson wrote:
Again, I can say that the decision to discontinue the Twilight Knight had nothing to do with licensing issues. Kingdom Death had no bearing on the decision.

Ok, that's cool.

Are we wrong to be hoping for something cool coming up to reintroduce her?

March 3rd, 2017, 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

odinsgrandson wrote:
Are we wrong to be hoping for something cool coming up to reintroduce her?

I hope you're right, I just recently (through the latest KS) discovered KD and only jumped into SDE through FK at retail. When I saw there was a TK mini for my SDE I scoured every FLGS and on-line store I could find, and when I couldn't find a single figure started stalking the sodapop store hoping to find a restock.

I believe I recall KD saying there was some tit-for-tat going with their new Candy/Cola KD wanderer. Would love to see a new TK introduced based on new ruleset (or even a character Cosplay ala Way of the Fighter).

March 3rd, 2017, 10:42 pm
Bottle Cap

This is sad she is a pretty good hero and the mini is cute. I'm still annoyed that I don't have king Stafford but I will have to use one of the new sculpt for him when they finally get us the 2nd edition kickstarter stuff. The no exclusives was such a better policy.

March 5th, 2017, 4:07 am
Ninja Corps

slaaneshgod wrote:
This is sad she is a pretty good hero and the mini is cute. I'm still annoyed that I don't have king Stafford but I will have to use one of the new sculpt for him when they finally get us the 2nd edition kickstarter stuff. The no exclusives was such a better policy.

I want to say that my personal interpretation of "no exclusives" doesn't mean "we will print everything we have ever printed for retail sale until the end of time". If a model is discontinued, that's not "exclusive". that's a model being discontinued. There was nothing exclusive about this model. It may have been in short supply, yes. But, it was a free give away with purchase, even. That's about as un-exclusive as you can possibly get. So, having a free give away model being discontinued and somehow paralleling that with a failure on "no exclusives" comes across as really disingenuous.

March 5th, 2017, 9:27 am
Mini-Boss

Usagi wrote:
I want to say that my personal interpretation of "no exclusives" doesn't mean "we will print everything we have ever printed for retail sale until the end of time". If a model is discontinued, that's not "exclusive". that's a model being discontinued. There was nothing exclusive about this model. It may have been in short supply, yes. But, it was a free give away with purchase, even. That's about as un-exclusive as you can possibly get. So, having a free give away model being discontinued and somehow paralleling that with a failure on "no exclusives" comes across as really disingenuous.

+1

March 5th, 2017, 1:08 pm
Consul

Yeah, I gotta agree with Usagi on this one. At the very least we gotta keep the terms separated.
exclusive ≠ discontinued ≠ limited edition (two of these I'm not okay with)

I hope everyone who wanted one when it was fresh in stores got one. If they did I have no complaints.

Imagine seeing a cool classic GW model. It makes no sense being upset it's not available anymore.
The SDE range is still very small compared to other companies so of course it hurts a bit more to miss a certain model.
But that's always the risk of waiting... goes for all products.

Of course, on the other hand it's certainly not fun to have to monitor your game 24/7 at the risk of missing out on a small window.
(Especially when you game is notoriously bad at distributing news! ;) )

March 5th, 2017, 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Usagi wrote:

+1 here too -- I can speak from personal experience that I got my Twilight Knight by purchasing it when it was in stock (order placed on 11/5/2015). The item was available to purchase as an individual model once upon a time. I feel your pain on the fact that it was discontinued abruptly, and I totally get the frustration, but this isn't a case of a model being a promotional exclusive.

March 8th, 2017, 1:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next