View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Twilight Knight Hero is Officially Discontinued 
Mini-Boss

Just a piece of plastic OOP. So?

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

March 8th, 2017, 10:41 am
Mini-Boss

To be honest, if she had been in stock, I would have bought a second one. Oh well.

So here's what I'm hoping for:

I'm hoping that the SPM/KDM deal allows for them to maintain one crossover Product at a time, and so she was discontinued so that they could introduce

Super Kingdom Death Dungeon Box!!!

Heroes- Twilight Knight, White Speaker and Forsaker. Or maybe even the Flower Knight.

Spawn Points- Sun Pool (with baby Sunstalkers and Shadows, and a 50mm base sunstalker) and The Spidiculous nest (spiderlings mostly).

Mini Boss- Dung Beetle Knight

Boss- Gold Smoke Knight!

March 10th, 2017, 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
To be honest, if she had been in stock, I would have bought a second one. Oh well.

So here's what I'm hoping for:

I'm hoping that the SPM/KDM deal allows for them to maintain one crossover Product at a time, and so she was discontinued so that they could introduce

Super Kingdom Death Dungeon Box!!!

Heroes- Twilight Knight, White Speaker and Forsaker. Or maybe even the Flower Knight.

Spawn Points- Sun Pool (with baby Sunstalkers and Shadows, and a 50mm base sunstalker) and The Spidiculous nest (spiderlings mostly).

Mini Boss- Dung Beetle Knight

Boss- Gold Smoke Knight!

Don't hold your breath, it has already been stated and confirmed that the Twilight Knight being discontinued had nothing to do with KD.

March 11th, 2017, 12:13 am
Denizen

I never got Twilight Knight as I try to avoid bikini models if possible. I had a good chance with Forgotten King campaign. Same is true with Codifier Kisa which I would have otherwise purchased if design was different. Well I got Tabbybrook Mage instead and happy with the choice. If a second crossover with Kingdom Death is created, hopefully it's a decently dressed lady this time around.

March 11th, 2017, 6:28 am
Consul

nakano wrote:
I never got Twilight Knight as I try to avoid bikini models if possible. I had a good chance with Forgotten King campaign. Same is true with Codifier Kisa which I would have otherwise purchased if design was different. Well I got Tabbybrook Mage instead and happy with the choice. If a second crossover with Kingdom Death is created, hopefully it's a decently dressed lady this time around.

Well... Twilight Knight is what she is. If they don't stay true to the character they might as well not do a crossover at all.
And Kingdom Death is what it is for that matter. A big part of it is half-nakedness and sexual horror.
While armor tiers that are relatively decent exist in KD I personally don't find them to be the most iconic to the franchise, and as such not likely candidates for a crossover.

Also I would love a full KD/SDE espansion :)

(Not holding my breath though...)

March 11th, 2017, 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
nakano wrote:

Well... Twilight Knight is what she is. If they don't stay true to the character they might as well not do a crossover at all.
And Kingdom Death is what it is for that matter. A big part of it is half-nakedness and sexual horror.
While armor tiers that are relatively decent exist in KD I personally don't find them to be the most iconic to the franchise, and as such not likely candidates for a crossover.

Also I would love a full KD/SDE espansion :)

(Not holding my breath though...)

SDE has what a dozen expansions now?

Same for Kingdom Death?

Sun Stalker, Flower Knight, while all quite awesome are all Kingdom Death expansions and not core content.

Made into an SDE cross-over mini expansion.

It's an expansionception!

March 11th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Bottle Cap

I can`t see such a big crossover being done, but I woud buy it for sure! Multiple times in fact!

Anyhow, I would bet more for a vanilla content crossover, instead of looking for lots of minions, I would see more fitting a double spawning point (a stone-face portal for example) in which you only can spawn 16 bits monsters only, or any other special rule to control the amount of spawns, and being those monsters the core game ones in KDM, 1 golden lion, 1 phoenix, etc. There could be only one at a time, but they will be almost as strong as a mini-boss, making it hardcore (the most important crossover feature). If it were a full set, I would bet for the four main survivors (maybe with different armor and weapon sets) or any other hero that you all said. The mini-boss would be a nemesis, maybe the chibi-butcher (as it's the most easy to represent in other rules, the others have usually more complex rules) and of course, the not-so-chibi-Watcher as the dungeon boss, being though as hell and even having the necessity to have some rules of giving the heroes some kind of advantage, because in a normal way, its almost an impossible battle

March 11th, 2017, 2:06 pm
Ninja Corps

How about a KDM tile set with no hero safe or buffer squares and some unspeakable horror creeps.

March 12th, 2017, 4:54 pm
Bottle Cap

Ohh! Good idea, I would put some random mad survivors as creeps, and of course tiles with the usual furniture of KDM, a giantic stone face, some pilars, etc... But definetly, I would put survivors with the tunic and stone as creeps, evil by madness survivors are more fitting than any other thing in KDM in my opinion, because except of the little spiders (which are not core game...) I don't see anything that could work as a creep...

Maybe the frogdog, which seems to have a mountain of babies under it... maybe those could be

March 12th, 2017, 6:45 pm
Mini-Boss

Better avoid so many crossover for Super Dungeon or this game turn to a big sandbox of crossovers without it own identity.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

March 13th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Consul

Nephastus wrote:
Better avoid so many crossover for Super Dungeon or this game turn to a big sandbox of crossovers without it own identity.

I agree... though I'd much rather have seen a full KD:M crossover than the SotC we ended up getting. The decision to allow that still perplexes me.

March 13th, 2017, 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Yeah- Chibi Kingdom Death fits in with Super Dungeon much better than Mutant Chronicles.

Actually, I think that if you don't go overboard on it, you could easily create an expansion that happens in the Nether Rift and fits in just fine with Super Dungeon Explore.

It would be pretty epic.

I'm sure a lot of folks here know this, but I've been making a Chibi Kingdom Death set (mostly from SDE minis). I got to show off the starts of it to John Candice last Gencon. Also, Elizabeth Beckly made a set of crossover minis for the Arena rulebook.

Between the two of us, I'm sure the SPM guys have had to consider how awesome chibi crossovers with Kingdom Death are (possibly an infinite amount of awesomeness).

I'd be all in, and I know a bunch of other people who would also be all over it.

March 13th, 2017, 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Usagi wrote:
slaaneshgod wrote:
This is sad she is a pretty good hero and the mini is cute. I'm still annoyed that I don't have king Stafford but I will have to use one of the new sculpt for him when they finally get us the 2nd edition kickstarter stuff. The no exclusives was such a better policy.

I want to say that my personal interpretation of "no exclusives" doesn't mean "we will print everything we have ever printed for retail sale until the end of time". If a model is discontinued, that's not "exclusive". that's a model being discontinued. There was nothing exclusive about this model. It may have been in short supply, yes. But, it was a free give away with purchase, even. That's about as un-exclusive as you can possibly get. So, having a free give away model being discontinued and somehow paralleling that with a failure on "no exclusives" comes across as really disingenuous.

Yep, that makes sense. I mean I got her after the Kingdom Death kickstarter.
Guess i should be pretty happy too! $100 would make that so not worth it!

March 23rd, 2017, 1:34 am
Minion

Couple weeks back I saw a twilight knight go for 90$ (US) Today I checked ebay and see 2 up there both at 53-54 $ and a week to go on the bidding. Getting one is going to be pricey. Probably best they stopped making her, they would sell out again before I would be able to nab one.

April 5th, 2017, 2:44 pm
Bottle Cap

I was looking at the Legends stuff, and noticed that the Lunar Knight model would make an excellent stand in for the Twilight Knight.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sodapopminiatures/super-dungeon-explore-legends/posts/1739763

...Of course, if you're a "gotta have them all" collector, this doesn't much help, and this also does not help until they start shipping said content, but that's a whole other 80 page thread. :D

April 5th, 2017, 5:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3