View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 21st, 2017, 7:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Europe postage 
Minion

Total: $163.09 (£126.19)!

That's an insane amount for just some tiles, mini boss and a boss...goodbye Super Dungeon Explore, I'm going to miss all your "U.S. only retail expansions". :cry:

May 2nd, 2017, 7:57 pm
Consul

What the actual **** is going on?
Why is this suddenly happening? Why did simply getting the stuff become such a huge problem? :S

May 3rd, 2017, 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Yeah, I now kind of regret that I didn't get everything with the Legends kickstarter. I figured I should support my local store a bit too, so didn't put the Classic 2.0 box or one of the mega-boss boxes in my KS pledge (would buy them later in my local store, that was the brilliant plan :lol: ).

But now it seems like nothing will be sold in europe... So I will be missing 2.0 Classic and Arcade rules (and pet parade rules, or are those part of Dark Consul pledge level?)

I guess my Beta rules set I'm using now just become my real playing set for good? :roll:

May 3rd, 2017, 4:59 am
Bottle Cap

I have a hopefully good update this time. Russ from The Board Game Hut has gotten in touch with SPM and is working with them to get SDE stuff into his stock. Nothing is certain yet as he doesn't know what kind of terms SPM will offer him, but we may finally have access to our chibis. I'll let everyone know when I know more.

May 3rd, 2017, 5:07 am
Bottle Cap

killseal wrote:
Total: $163.09 (£126.19)!

That's an insane amount for just some tiles, mini boss and a boss...goodbye Super Dungeon Explore, I'm going to miss all your "U.S. only retail expansions". :cry:

Yeh it was way too much, could have probably used proxies for less then half the cost. But I kind of wanted to test what would happen. I won't be doing it again.
On a more positive note, the speed of delivery has actually been pretty good, not taken long at all. Expecting them to be dropped off today :)

May 3rd, 2017, 6:41 am
Bottle Cap

Goblin-King wrote:
Why is this suddenly happening? Why did simply getting the stuff become such a huge problem? :S

I don't know, but it's certainly making me look elsewhere for good tabletop experiences. My friend has just received his Dark Souls KS game so we'll be trying that out for a bit.

May 3rd, 2017, 6:45 am
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:

The timing coincides with Trump starting to govern the US. Simple coïncidence ?

May 3rd, 2017, 6:53 am
Bottle Cap

Millenia wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

You'd think his tiny hands would be perfect for miniature based board games ;) But seriously I can't imagine he's had a massive effect on shipping, to Europe at least.
But we do live in weird times, who knows what's really going on!

May 3rd, 2017, 6:56 am
Minion

Vayral wrote:
Millenia wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

You'd think his tiny hands would be perfect for miniature based board games ;) But seriously I can't imagine he's had a massive effect on shipping, to Europe at least.
But we do live in weird times, who knows what's really going on!

Or it may be some kind of overreaction from the us postal services. Or just a catch up on rates.....

May 3rd, 2017, 6:58 am
Bottle Cap

Just wanted to let you guys know Archonia.com restocked PVP Arena!

https://www.archonia.com/boardgameshop/ ... +pvp+arena

May 3rd, 2017, 6:59 am
Denizen

America postal services finally caught up with real world rates. incidentally KS campaigns have been subsidising cheap US \ free postage for years by spreading the cost over ALL their backers.

May 3rd, 2017, 7:09 am
Bottle Cap

growlley wrote:
America postal services finally caught up with real world rates. incidentally KS campaigns have been subsidising cheap US \ free postage for years by spreading the cost over ALL their backers.

I think things have always been expensive to import over from the US if you're doing it as a standard consumer. I think the issue now is that its the items released outside of Kickstarters just aren't available here, and we don't really know why. We used to be able to get everything via retail for normal cost, now if you want a complete collection you have o spend a fortune. Way of the world i guess but it would be nice if a few crates found their way across the Atlantic. We can dream.

May 3rd, 2017, 8:00 am
Minion

growlley wrote:

That's not really what's happening. I get being upset because shipping is so much more to some areas, but it's not like a publisher in the US is going 'OK, if I make Australians pay a little more for postage, I can cater to the US backers and get them free shipping.' I've seen campaigns where shipping to the US was expensive and UK backers got free shipping - because the publisher was in the UK.

Most of the time they cover the first 15 bucks or so. If the publisher were in Germany, then Germans would get free shipping and the US backers would pay a bunch more. It doesn't mean anyone is subsidizing anyone else. It just means shipping from Texas to Florida is cheaper than Texas to Germany. Getting angry at dissimilar costs is understandable, but it's not a matter of someone ripping you off. It's just that traveling farther costs more money, and not every KS publisher can set up a shipping hub in Europe.

I don't know why I feel a need to explain this. You're probably just expressing frustration through hyperbole and I am being overly literal. I don't think anyone is like 'oh, so that's how that works!'

May 3rd, 2017, 1:06 pm
Bottle Cap

InfinityMax wrote:
growlley wrote:

That's not really what's happening. I get being upset because shipping is so much more to some areas, but it's not like a publisher in the US is going 'OK, if I make Australians pay a little more for postage, I can cater to the US backers and get them free shipping.' I've seen campaigns where shipping to the US was expensive and UK backers got free shipping - because the publisher was in the UK.

Most of the time they cover the first 15 bucks or so. If the publisher were in Germany, then Germans would get free shipping and the US backers would pay a bunch more. It doesn't mean anyone is subsidizing anyone else. It just means shipping from Texas to Florida is cheaper than Texas to Germany. Getting angry at dissimilar costs is understandable, but it's not a matter of someone ripping you off. It's just that traveling farther costs more money, and not every KS publisher can set up a shipping hub in Europe.

I don't know why I feel a need to explain this. You're probably just expressing frustration through hyperbole and I am being overly literal. I don't think anyone is like 'oh, so that's how that works!'

I see what you're saying, and it makes sense to me. However the logistics of shipping a Kickstarter vs single products to consumers must be very different. I imagine doing it the Kickstarter way is massively more cost effective and efficient. Probably when the Kickstarters ship the standalone products are also thrown into the crates too and head off around the planet for re-sellers, hence why we can find plenty of FK era stock and not much else, but that's just my theory.

Anyway, my point is i fully understand why little old me, sat at home ordering things from America is expensive. What myself (and i think others here) don't understand is why nothing has been put in place for the products to be sold from our own local stores here in Europe. It's not like Soda Pop is a small fish anymore..

May 3rd, 2017, 2:23 pm
Denizen

Hey, guys.

Just a little update for you. We have a new contact email for you to give to stores: uksales@ninjadivision.com

We've got a Sales Ninja in Europe to try to get things moving over there.

May 3rd, 2017, 2:27 pm
Bottle Cap

ND_nekodachi wrote:
Hey, guys.

Just a little update for you. We have a new contact email for you to give to stores: uksales@ninjadivision.com

We've got a Sales Ninja in Europe to try to get things moving over there.

Thankyou so much :D :D

May 3rd, 2017, 2:30 pm
Denizen

Just to be clear, you guys can contact that email too. It's not just for stores.

To reiterate -- If you are having a problem finding our products at your local stores, please contact us:

sales@ninjadivision.com for North America and rest of the world

uksales@ninjadivision.com for UK and most European territories

Please remember, these are only for issues with supply and distribution. If you have any other questions or issues, please contact us at info@sodapopminiatures.com

May 3rd, 2017, 2:58 pm
Denizen

Thanks Nekodachi !
Hopefully this will help our local store to get your newest products.

May 3rd, 2017, 3:05 pm
Mini-Boss

Thanks Neko for this solution.
Thanks also for the heads up on the German store. Arena coming my way, yay. Sadly no Testudo or dbp tiles.

May 3rd, 2017, 5:05 pm
Consul

Just got a mail from a local store I contacted:

"Testudo Tower is not available for us other than as a pre-order item. When it'll come we do not know."

So I promptly gave them the mail neko provided, but god! What is going on?
Have ND literally just been neglecting Europe? It sounds like they actually want to order it, but can't

May 5th, 2017, 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next