View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 28th, 2017, 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 SDE x Discworld 

Would you like to have a SDE-Discworld crossover?
I would love to! 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
I like the idea of RinceWand 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Nah, bad idea 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Don't care/ Don't mind 45%  45%  [ 14 ]
"I WOULD LOVE TO, IF I WERE NOT THAT BUSY WITH MY JOB" 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 31

SDE x Discworld 
Bottle Cap

I was reading today one of those incredible books of Terry Prachett, and started to look for some fanart of Discworld, and when I saw the chibi version of the giant turtle in one web page, an idea appeared in my head.

What if SDE had some Discworld references? Something like a chibi young mage called RinceWand o Rincestorm or any kind of parody name who is a bestfriend to a mimic? or maybe mounted in a mimic.

It is just an a idea, and I want to know your opinion, because it is also a fan's dream now that the idea has grown a little more.

February 9th, 2017, 12:01 pm
Consul

There's absolutely no reason why SPM couldn't do this if they wanted. We have plenty of references to all sorts of things.
Now, I wouldn't want to see a full fledged DW expansion, but a Wizzard hero and (/with) a Mimic pet would be cool.

February 9th, 2017, 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

More Chibi miniatures? Yes please! :D

February 9th, 2017, 3:12 pm
Minion

Cool idea, but I always liked the discworld best when it was really clever observations of human nature- such as going postal, masquerade etc. That doesn't translate too well to running around a board walloping monsters...

That being said, I would eat my left arm for a set of "The Watch" (Vimes, Carrot, Angua, Nobby, Cheery, Colon, Detritus etc.)

Or Ridcully....

The Patrician would be OP.....

Naw! Talked myself into loving the idea!

February 9th, 2017, 10:59 pm
Minion

Not to detail the topic (and at the risk of looking totally nuts) but I have thought for the longest time that Disgaea would make for a perfect crossover - tell me who wouldn't love to have Laharl and Etna running around the dungeon throwing Prinnys at monsters?

Some of their iconic attacks would even translate well as they work on a square based grid...

That would make me soooooo happy........ dude...

February 9th, 2017, 11:12 pm
Minion

I like this idea! I feel like the two have a very similar feel to them, both being fantasy but not taking themselves so seriously, I feel like Super Dungeon Explore would be the perfect tabletop setting for Diskworld's humor!

February 13th, 2017, 2:33 am
Minion

I kind of would like to get more SDE stuff first (Frostbyte, Clockwork cove) before branching out to crossovers.

But, if such crossover chibis would appear, I would propably buy them anyway.

April 10th, 2017, 4:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]