View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2017, 4:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Caverns of Roxor 2.0 
Minion

Have we seen Frostbyte versions of turtles and flame blobs? I would consider getting this pack if SPM puts out some new Frostbyte cards for the duplicates.

February 17th, 2017, 6:08 pm
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
Tranc wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:
I watched Deke's unboxing video and the only models I would want from that set are Roxor and the Scout.

Ruby feels bad... :cry:

I agree though... WHY resculpt Ruby? Literally nothing wrong with the original sculpt.

Because I painted the first one like Daisy and I could paint the second one like Peach. The Scout needed it more, though.

Seriously though, between this and the SotC minis (I ended up only getting 1 of each) I guess the curse has indeed been broken.

February 18th, 2017, 4:52 pm
Bottle Cap

I have a question for someone who has picked up the new set. Do the cards match what came with the FK upgrade pack? are there any new cards or changes?

February 18th, 2017, 7:33 pm
Minion

Gadget wrote:
I have a question for someone who has picked up the new set. Do the cards match what came with the FK upgrade pack? are there any new cards or changes?

Check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErFLD-mDwPM at 5:30 Deke says there have been no changes.

February 18th, 2017, 8:20 pm
Mini-Boss

Yeah, I decided it was worth picking up just for the three new minis. So that happened.

My scout looks good, but I do think the resculpt feels more right. I think the new Starguild Sapper will end up being converted into something (maybe I can make him look like Cid from FFIV).

February 19th, 2017, 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

I was gonna ask about the scout and ruby. I know they're to scale with everything else but I personally like the old sculpts and don't think they're that out of scale. Maybe I have had eyes. What do y'all think?

February 19th, 2017, 2:09 am
Bottle Cap

spyrosbeam wrote:
Gadget wrote:

Check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErFLD-mDwPM at 5:30 Deke says there have been no changes.

So did a check of my older FK upgrade pack (cards are dated 2014) and I did in fact find some differences. I didn't check the treasure cards as of yet. If I have messed any of these up please let me know.

Heroes: No changes (whew!)

Classic Monsters
Crusher: added No Hiding unique abilty
Slowpoke: add Burrow ability
Turtle Shell: ARM was 1 star now 2 star, add Insignificant

Arcade Monsters
Rockers Gang
In gang Action Points from 3 to 2
Crusher ARM from 2 stars to 3 stars

Flaming Slime Gang
In gang STR from 3 to 2
In gang Action Points from 1 to 2
Burning Gel ARM from 1 star to 2 stars
Fire Gel is now insignificant

Rockin' Roxor
Action points from 3 to 4
ARM from 5 stars to 6 stars
Range from 6 to 5

Ragin' Roxor
Movement from 8 to 6
ARM from 3 stars to 4 stars

Rock Gut
Action Points from 2 to 3
STR from 4 stars to 3 stars
Hearts from 6 to 7

February 19th, 2017, 2:25 am
Consul

I think the old Deeproot Scout was pretty bad. Specifically his arms are way too long.
I really think he's the one model in the box that really *needed* a resculpt.
I'm just sad he only comes packed in an expensive box of (for me) useless duplicates.

I think Ruby is the most irrelevant resculpt ever. What prompted them to remake this particular model? Is there something I don't see?
I think Roxor is actually a downgrade. Sure, the pose is more dynamic, but I find the model itself to be worse than the original.

February 19th, 2017, 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

The reason Ruby needed to be altered is that she is going to be much shorter than her sissters. She's not the youngest of the bunch, but there's no doubt that she's the shortest.

February 19th, 2017, 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

odinsgrandson wrote:
The reason Ruby needed to be altered is that she is going to be much shorter than her sissters. She's not the youngest of the bunch, but there's no doubt that she's the shortest.

Fair point - But this prompts the question why the Sapper is not getting a resculpt too then.
Isn't he also going to be much shorter than other dwarfs? (Judging from the 3D previews)

February 19th, 2017, 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
I think Ruby is the most irrelevant resculpt ever. What prompted them to remake this particular model? Is there something I don't see?
I think Roxor is actually a downgrade. Sure, the pose is more dynamic, but I find the model itself to be worse than the original.

Ruby old sculp have the same "small head" problem of scout. About Roxor, I just look to the new sculp as flaming shapeshift and old as rock shapeshift.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

February 19th, 2017, 5:09 pm
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
odinsgrandson wrote:

Fair point - But this prompts the question why the Sapper is not getting a resculpt too then.
Isn't he also going to be much shorter than other dwarfs? (Judging from the 3D previews)

His dwarfy shortness is more correct than the upcoming dwarves (probably). Just because some dwarves have undwarflike attributes doesn't mean that you go and fix your dwarfier dwarves.

(The newer ones have probably been drinking some deeproot draught. Extreme undwarfiness.)

February 19th, 2017, 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

To be fair, I'm not sure that Deeproot Scout is as bad as he looks in your image.

BUT- he isn't as good as a lot of the newer minis, and it really shows. And he's such a runt.

This isn't true of the Sapper for sure, who just looks amazing all the time.

As for Roxor- it took me a REALLY long time to get around to painting him- entirely because I didn't find his pose to inspire me. I prefer the new pose by a LOT.

February 19th, 2017, 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
To be fair, I'm not sure that Deeproot Scout is as bad as he looks in your image.

BUT- he isn't as good as a lot of the newer minis, and it really shows. And he's such a runt.

From the side/back you can see his head is lopsided. It's eerily thin on one side and normal on the other. Still cutesy, but the new sculpt is much more badass and fitting for a Link homage.

February 24th, 2017, 2:22 am
Minion

I'd probably pick it up and enjoy the spares by painting them up ghostly to mix and match in with Von Drakk. Rockgut could even get a little conversion to look like some kind of swamp monster :)

Still waiting to see if I can get s copy of it in the U.K though, shipping is crazy expensive. It's the reason I haven't got arena and iron golem yet (but will eventually).

February 25th, 2017, 2:51 am
Mini-Boss

They have been doing all of these alternate spawn points for kobold, bramble knight, etc. Then they would do well to make alternates for these Firefox spawn points which would help to sell this new Roxor pack.

February 25th, 2017, 2:50 pm
Minion

drachir wrote:
spyrosbeam wrote:
Gadget wrote:

So did a check of my older FK upgrade pack (cards are dated 2014) and I did in fact find some differences. I didn't check the treasure cards as of yet. If I have messed any of these up please let me know.

Heroes: No changes (whew!)

Classic Monsters
Crusher: added No Hiding unique abilty
Slowpoke: add Burrow ability
Turtle Shell: ARM was 1 star now 2 star, add Insignificant

Arcade Monsters
Rockers Gang
In gang Action Points from 3 to 2
Crusher ARM from 2 stars to 3 stars

Flaming Slime Gang
In gang STR from 3 to 2
In gang Action Points from 1 to 2
Burning Gel ARM from 1 star to 2 stars
Fire Gel is now insignificant

Rockin' Roxor
Action points from 3 to 4
ARM from 5 stars to 6 stars
Range from 6 to 5

Ragin' Roxor
Movement from 8 to 6

Rock Gut
Action Points from 2 to 3
STR from 4 stars to 3 stars
Hearts from 6 to 7

Are there any stated plans to make these card adjustments available via retail, their online store, or Kickstarter? I have 1.0 materials and the upgrade cards from FK. I REALLY don't want to buy more of the same for cards. And these changes are not exactly minor.

April 6th, 2017, 2:08 pm
Minion

I am seriously considering making some custom cards. That consideration is going to get a lot more compelling if I get Legends and discover that we love it as much as I think we will. If that happens, I'll get Roxor 2. The possibility to paint the fire blobs up in shades of white and bluish-gray and call them disembodied spirits is enticing.

April 6th, 2017, 5:59 pm
Bottle Cap

I am really upset that they updated the cards. I bought an upgrade deck and the rocktops last year , and the updates look compelling. I don't want to buy the entire Roxor 2.0 box if I can help it. I will still be mad if I have to buy another upgrade deck, but it would be nice if there were some other way to obtain the cards...

April 13th, 2017, 8:33 pm
Denizen

Wait for them to be added to Topher's Compendium perhaps?

April 13th, 2017, 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next