View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2017, 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Caverns of Roxor 2.0 
Minion

spyrosbeam wrote:
Caverns of Roxor 2nd edition is already available at Miniature Market:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/njd210207.html

Did anyone noticed there was no mentioned 'explore cards'?

February 11th, 2017, 3:36 pm
Denizen

killseal wrote:
spyrosbeam wrote:

Did anyone noticed there was no mentioned 'explore cards'?

Good catch! I guess it makes sense if Explore Cards are not supported and Forgotten King rules are deprecated soon since there is no point supporting multiple game systems officially.

February 11th, 2017, 3:43 pm
Denizen

spyrosbeam wrote:

Ordered!

February 15th, 2017, 11:27 am
Minion

Apparently there are only 3 new sculpts in the set--Just Roxor, Ruby, and the Scout. I would love those new sculpts but I don't want new sets of the same turtles and fire slimes just for those. Think there's any chance they'll offer them separately?

February 16th, 2017, 3:46 am
Denizen

Anajadys wrote:
Apparently there are only 3 new sculpts in the set--Just Roxor, Ruby, and the Scout. I would love those new sculpts but I don't want new sets of the same turtles and fire slimes just for those. Think there's any chance they'll offer them separately?

Nope, which is too bad, because those are the only ones I want as well :(

February 16th, 2017, 5:44 am
Minion

Yeah, since I just finished painting my original Roxxor (I paint painfully slowly, and still have a couple hundred more to do), I don't guess I need copies of all the stuff I just finished painting. I still need to get some color on Von Drakk and the zombie gang.

February 16th, 2017, 2:38 pm
Consul

Tranc wrote:
Anajadys wrote:

Nope, which is too bad, because those are the only ones I want as well :(

This - but at least now the curse is broken. No need to collect *everything* any more...

February 16th, 2017, 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
This - but at least now the curse is broken. No need to collect *everything* any more...

Yes! It's actually a relief!

February 16th, 2017, 6:46 pm
Minion

-looks over at my newly purchased caverns of roxor. looks over at the old roxor. looks at three sets of turtles and four lava whirls. sighs-

Congrats to those of you that have broken the curse.

February 16th, 2017, 7:01 pm
Mini-Boss

Yeah, I wish there was an option to only purchase the new sculpts. I thought that SPM might include alternate cards for the set, similar how they are doing in the new basic 2.0 set. This would at least give me a reason to paint them different colors instead of just chucking them away in a box. I guess I'll have to make my own.

February 16th, 2017, 8:34 pm
Minion

Doma, did you already get the box? I didn't think it was out yet.

Or are you being all metaphorical and I'm not getting it at all?

February 16th, 2017, 9:09 pm
Minion

InfinityMax wrote:
Doma, did you already get the box? I didn't think it was out yet.

Or are you being all metaphorical and I'm not getting it at all?

I picked it up today. It's been out for I think a week at this point. I remember it being available on miniature market early last week, I emailed my local store and they said they could have it in by this tuesday. I just waited till thursday to pick it up to get my arkham horror stuff at the same time.

February 16th, 2017, 10:45 pm
Mini-Boss

I watched Deke's unboxing video and the only models I would want from that set are Roxor and the Scout.

February 17th, 2017, 2:02 am
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
I watched Deke's unboxing video and the only models I would want from that set are Roxor and the Scout.

Ruby feels bad... :cry:

February 17th, 2017, 2:55 am
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:

Haha, they've broken you! At least we got King Starfire (assuming you got 2.0)!

February 17th, 2017, 2:56 am
Consul

Tranc wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:

Ruby feels bad... :cry:

I agree though... WHY resculpt Ruby? Literally nothing wrong with the original sculpt.

February 17th, 2017, 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Minion

I have to agree that the old sculpt was fine. The new one looks cool too though... Well, if one owns both CoR sets, one can play a Princess Ruby impersonator scenario.
Just kidding. Owning both CoR 1st edition plus one Rocktop Gang and one Fireflow Denizens box from the 1st edition, I have no use at all for more Rocktops as well, so it would be cool if we could get just the 3 new miniatures (although I do know it cannnot happen).

February 17th, 2017, 9:45 am
Minion

Roxor will be in my mail box this Monday.
I don't know what I will do with the old sculpt of turtle. I already have 4 spawn point of them.

February 17th, 2017, 4:25 pm
Denizen

I'm conflicted on whether I want to get this box or not. On one hand I am a sucker for new sculpts, but on the other, The old ones that are in there, namely the monters dont speak to me.

I was never a fan of only having one mini for Roxor's transformation. The druid, Van Wilder and Von Drakk all got an alternate mini! Why no love for the elemetal lord Roxor? This new sculpt would be a perfect Raging Roxor with its dynamic movement!
When minis were dolled out for the 1st Ed. CoR. Fanboy got Princess Ruby, and I got the Deeproot Scout to paint. This second box would be a chance to trade back, as it were. And an extra Dwarf would mean having a matching pair of plumbers, as it were.

However; The Rocktop gang has never seen a lot of time on the tabletop at this household, their mechanic feeling very gimicky and bulky for Fanboy and I. While the Fire Flows are a favorite of his [much to my chargrin] The paintjob we have on the first set is nigh unrepeatable.

I suppose there is the option of modifying the duplicate spawn points. Crystaline turtles in an ice blue would be nice for the Frostbyte Reaches, or maybe a sandy desert theme...

I think I just convinced myself into getting the box :oops:

February 17th, 2017, 4:55 pm
Denizen

Salaura wrote:
I'm conflicted on whether I want to get this box or not. On one hand I am a sucker for new sculpts, but on the other, The old ones that are in there, namely the monters dont speak to me.

I was never a fan of only having one mini for Roxor's transformation. The druid, Van Wilder and Von Drakk all got an alternate mini! Why no love for the elemetal lord Roxor? This new sculpt would be a perfect Raging Roxor with its dynamic movement!
When minis were dolled out for the 1st Ed. CoR. Fanboy got Princess Ruby, and I got the Deeproot Scout to paint. This second box would be a chance to trade back, as it were. And an extra Dwarf would mean having a matching pair of plumbers, as it were.

However; The Rocktop gang has never seen a lot of time on the tabletop at this household, their mechanic feeling very gimicky and bulky for Fanboy and I. While the Fire Flows are a favorite of his [much to my chargrin] The paintjob we have on the first set is nigh unrepeatable.

I suppose there is the option of modifying the duplicate spawn points. Crystaline turtles in an ice blue would be nice for the Frostbyte Reaches, or maybe a sandy desert theme...

I think I just convinced myself into getting the box :oops:

I am doing frost turtles for Frostbyte reach. When Legends comes out Im dedicating a large chunk of my story to that area.

Plus I wanted a second roxxor for alt sculpt and Extra minis are always fun, so whatever. I got it.

February 17th, 2017, 5:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next