View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2017, 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Caverns of Roxor 2.0 
Bottle Cap

So I was just wondering if there was an announced delay with Caverns of Roxor 2.0. I still only see it as a pre-order with online retailers. The Ninja Division release schedule is still showing January 2017 http://ninjadivision.com/release-schedule/ for the release. I've only been with the game since July 2016 but can't get enough. I just snagged an Explorer pack for Legends and 2.0 since they reopened the kickstarter (couldn't be happier). I'd love to pick up Roxor 2.0 a.s.a.p. Thanks in advance.

January 29th, 2017, 5:59 am
Mini-Boss

All I've seen from Ninja Division on the release is "soon." Seeing as Arena just released, it might be awhile until their next release.

January 29th, 2017, 2:06 pm
Bottle Cap

Well we are officially in February and still zip...no update either to the release list. Retailers like Miniature Market and Amazon still list it as a pre-order. Any way to get an official update?

February 3rd, 2017, 6:49 pm
Ninja Corps

Wasn't Arena supposed to come out in Spring/Summer 2016 at some point?

I've been looking forward to the Frostbyte Reach stuff forever, at this point I can't see any of it coming out before, what, this summer?

February 6th, 2017, 12:50 pm
Mini-Boss

Tigorus wrote:
Well we are officially in February and still zip...no update either to the release list. Retailers like Miniature Market and Amazon still list it as a pre-order. Any way to get an official update?

I imagine that the thing delaying everything is the shipping costs. I am not involved in that end of the board game industry, but it only makes sense that they would ship everything at once. If this is the case, then it is the rules developments and Legends that is delaying everything. If the rules had been decent since forgotten King, then we would probably have had Legends and Roxor and all those other goodies long ago.

February 6th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Denizen

Wait, what does the Legends kickstarter shipping have to do with non-kickstarter products like Caverns of Roxor 2.0, Hoarfang, Frostbyte tiles, etc.?

February 6th, 2017, 9:35 pm
Mini-Boss

Tranc wrote:
Wait, what does the Legends kickstarter shipping have to do with non-kickstarter products like Caverns of Roxor 2.0, Hoarfang, Frostbyte tiles, etc.?

Like I said. Shipping. If they ship the non-kickstarter stuff first and the other stuff later, I am guessing that that would be more expensive. To do everything in one large container would probably be more economical.

But that is just my theory.

February 7th, 2017, 2:36 am
Bottle Cap

Spazzfist wrote:
Tranc wrote:

Like I said. Shipping. If they ship the non-kickstarter stuff first and the other stuff later, I am guessing that that would be more expensive. To do everything in one large container would probably be more economical.

But that is just my theory.

But then why say it will have a January release when we know/knew Legends and 2.0 wouldn't be released anywhere near January. Not picking on you I just don't think that tracks. I can't see any plan that would have had Rox. 2.0 , Legends and 2.0 all in the same shipping wave. Especially since they announced Rox. 2.0 after the delays for Legends and 2.0. That being said I can't see what the delay would be for a re-release? I apologize if I missed this but does Rox. 2.0 contain re-sculpts? I still don't see how that would tie it to Legends/2.0 though.

I am a very impatient person that is very passionate about my hobbies. When I like something I want as much as I can get. I also enjoy good communication. I understand Ninja Div. and Soda Pop are busy but I don't think a little line drop would be out of line. I was able to get in on the Kickstarter for 2.0 and Legends (Explorer pack) with all the dragon shenanigans (thanks internet) and based on what I've seen and read there's most likely going to be a wait that's going to kill me lol.

February 7th, 2017, 5:44 am
Denizen

I also don't think Roxor 2.0 is shipping from China with Core 2.0 Spazz, but I could be wrong.

Core 2.0 won't start manufacturing until the pledge manager closes (again).

February 7th, 2017, 10:01 am
Mini-Boss

Tigorus wrote:
I apologize if I missed this but does Rox. 2.0 contain re-sculpts? I still don't see how that would tie it to Legends/2.0 though.

Not worries, not feeling picked on, like I said, I know nothing of the business end of all of this, just giving my theory.

But to answer your question, there is a re-sculpt of Roxor at least, I sae pictured of it on here before. Cannot remember I'd everything is being redone though. But he is.

February 7th, 2017, 11:18 am
Consul

I was gonna say only Roxor, Ranger and Ruby are getting new sculpts.
But come to think of it I'm not sure if those are just the ones we've SEEN or if they are in fact the only new sculpts...

Where's the information Sodapop?

February 7th, 2017, 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

It's been mentioned a few times that only Roxor, Ruby, and the Scout get the new sculpts. It was also asked on the Kickstarter comments if there were alternate profile cards for the monsters for those that wanted to rebuy it for the new models, but they said no. It would have been cool to do so there would be more value out of the box for those who already had the models.

February 7th, 2017, 1:25 pm
Consul

eternaldream wrote:
It's been mentioned a few times that only Roxor, Ruby, and the Scout get the new sculpts. It was also asked on the Kickstarter comments if there were alternate profile cards for the monsters for those that wanted to rebuy it for the new models, but they said no. It would have been cool to do so there would be more value out of the box for those who already had the models.

Mentioned as "confirmed by SPM" or just loose rumors?

I think it's a terrible idea to just remake 3 models. For everybody (like me) who already owns everything, including extra fireflow from when that was what you could get - this is 3 new models for the cost of a full expansion. At least the v2 core box has all new models and new cards. This will be my first non-buy - making the collection incomplete - making everything that comes next purely optional (as opposed to auto-buy). Thanks?

Granted, the ranger was a BAD model, and apparently some people didn't like Roxor...?
But nobody likes Rockgut. Why doesn't he get a resculpt? And everybody liked Ruby. Why DID she get remade?*

*nobody and everybody does not necessarily mean 0% and 100% of all people, but are speculation based on anecdotal evidence from this forum.

February 7th, 2017, 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Here is the picture of the new Roxor, Ruby and Scout

Goblin-King wrote:
But nobody likes Rockgut. Why doesn't he get a resculpt?

I like Rockgut..... :(

EDIT - Is it just me, or does Roxor look more like a teenage version of himself here? I can't put my finger on it, but he just looks younger in this sculpt.

February 7th, 2017, 1:49 pm
Mini-Boss

Spazzfist wrote:
Is it just me, or does Roxor look more like a teenage version of himself here? I can't put my finger on it, but he just looks younger in this sculpt.

I prefer to look at the new sculp as Ragin' Roxor and old as Rockin' Roxor

I don't have the Level Box, only the old Roxor and the Rockgut from eBay. Long time ago Nekodachi sold to me one Deeproot Scout, but in the end I give the little elf to a friend in his birthday, because the little elf's shrinked scale annoyed me.

When I start the miniature painting hobby, I think to use in old mode this color scheme: https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/005/01 ... e59eb5905a

Aella13 Painting Guide

February 7th, 2017, 2:28 pm
Minion

I admit to not having closely followed the release of Roxxor 2.0, but I feel like I'm missing something. New sculpts are great, but if it's the same people in the box and you're just getting three new sculpts, why bother to re-release at all? Why not just put the new cards in the box and use the old models? I have the FK reboot cards for these guys, and I've already painted the old ones, so I'm not seeing much of a compelling reason to buy the whole box again.

Is this just a way to let new fans get the old stuff?

February 7th, 2017, 6:16 pm
Bottle Cap

InfinityMax wrote:
I admit to not having closely followed the release of Roxxor 2.0, but I feel like I'm missing something. New sculpts are great, but if it's the same people in the box and you're just getting three new sculpts, why bother to re-release at all? Why not just put the new cards in the box and use the old models? I have the FK reboot cards for these guys, and I've already painted the old ones, so I'm not seeing much of a compelling reason to buy the whole box again.

For my part, I'm new to the game and don't have the original Rox. so I figured this was the best way to go. But I also have the Upgrade Cards so I could get the older set. I just figured I'd get the new one since I didn't have the original. If there's going to be a lengthy delay though I can just pick up the original in the meantime.

February 7th, 2017, 7:01 pm
Minion

Now that I see new sculpt, I will maybe purchase it, only to have all the available sculpt, to have the entire collection. Sadly, I do not have the first dragon king.

February 8th, 2017, 1:47 am
Consul

Spazzfist wrote:
I like Rockgut..... :(

NO you don't! Guards! Exile this man!
But his awkward hunched over pose WAS a common complaint.

Spazzfist wrote:
EDIT - Is it just me, or does Roxor look more like a teenage version of himself here? I can't put my finger on it, but he just looks younger in this sculpt.

You are absolutely right, and I think I know why.
They removed a lot of the flames that was covering his body, giving him a skinnier look.
Especially his shoulders were much broader on the old model. He is also hunched over like a slacking teenager instead of straightening his back like an adult.
Also his stone "armor" also have a much different look. The rings are much sharper and the plates look kinda thin.
The worst offender here is the crown which kinda look like a piece of plywood. The old stones looked more like heavy ancient stones.

Nephastus wrote:
I prefer to look at the new sculp as Ragin' Roxor and old as Rockin' Roxor

I wish I could say this, but sadly they didn't do much to emphasize the difference between his two modes. Neither is "obviously" either modes.
New Roxor has longer flames, but no flames on his body... What am I to make of that?
Something like the picture you posted would have intrigued me much more.

InfinityMax wrote:

You didn't miss anything. Why indeed not just put the new cards in the box?
Your compelling reason is to get 3 new models. Pretty sweet deal, right?

February 8th, 2017, 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Caverns of Roxor 2nd edition is already available at Miniature Market:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/njd210207.html

February 11th, 2017, 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next