View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2018, 4:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 House rules for a quicker arcade game? 
Bottle Cap

Love the game but the biggest problem with it is the play time-we are still racking up something like 4+ hours on sessions when we would love to be done in under two. Has anyone come up with some good house rules to speed up the game while still retaining an element of challenge? Here some house rules we already using:

-Subtract one tile from play (So 4 players use three tiles, etc)
-No deck building for treasure/explore cards

Some other house rules I have seen and like the sound of:

-Spawning doesn't damage spawn points (I know this sounds counter to my goal but being able to control when the boss/mini-boss spawn sounds less frustrating)
-Boss becomes spawn point
-No loot limit (less time farming)

We're also really considering removing the split hero activation and having all heroes go, then all monsters go, maybe just activating every tile to balance it. I might have drifted somewhat from the "less time" goal in writing this, but if anyone can drop ways they've come up with to make the game go faster that isn't mentioned here I'd love to hear about it.

November 28th, 2016, 11:52 pm
Mini-Boss

Or you could use the new backer beta 1.0

Lootimeter (see their thread) or Chaplin's fix (see house rules or bgg) also work fine.

November 29th, 2016, 11:51 am
Mini-Boss

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... re-legends

The newest update features the Arcade beta you can download. It's MUCH better than the Forgotten King rules.

November 29th, 2016, 2:38 pm
Minion

eternaldream wrote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sodapopminiatures/super-dungeon-explore-legends

The newest update features the Arcade beta you can download. It's MUCH better than the Forgotten King rules.

Don't forgot to submit your game results in the play report form linked in those updates to help make the rules even better (which they are already a solid improvement over FK although you will need to print and cut out some cards to make full use of it.

November 29th, 2016, 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]