View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2018, 1:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Princess ruby 
Bottle Cap

And so it has started very cool imo. She gives candy and run for support personnel and giving her dodge its icing.
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/index ... n+explore#

March 17th, 2012, 1:33 pm
Mini-Boss

Welcome!

Though she was posted here first hehe in the welcome to the SDE forum thread. I like her a lot (but then again, I really like support classes). She's heals, buffs and hard to kill all in one package. Just pray she never gets knocked down ;)

Also there are some pictures of the first expansion in this thread here on page 1 and 3: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87

March 17th, 2012, 2:16 pm
Bottle Cap

Hey Exeltus yea I really like the support classes, also enjoy the hex cast tho she is a bit limited on 1 heart models with here abilities but hey im sure there will be more 2 heart consul models in the future.
Yea im enjoyin the princess and definatley like her potion.....luck in a bottle anyone 8)

March 17th, 2012, 2:29 pm
Mini-Boss

I can see her combining her potion with the Rogue 'draw 2 relics, pic 1' ability being quite powerful (And annoying for the Consul!)

March 17th, 2012, 2:48 pm
Bottle Cap

True that, thats one thing I really enjoy about this game is the fact that even tho it has a chibi style to the game, it does have a deeper element to its gameplay mechanic that at first the art style would not suggest.

March 17th, 2012, 2:53 pm
Minion

I'm thinking about buying and painting up Ruby and then holding her ransom against people I play. I play the Dark Consul and if you win, you get Ruby.

March 17th, 2012, 7:52 pm
Bottle Cap

My friend and I played an 8-bit game with Princess Ruby the other day and she really did a fine job working with the Paladin. She gave her buffs where they were needed, helping to win key initiative rolls and her heal ability really helped keep fire from becoming a problem. Can't wait to see what the other two heroes do.

March 18th, 2012, 5:28 am
Bottle Cap

Wolfgar wrote:
I'm thinking about buying and painting up Ruby and then holding her ransom against people I play. I play the Dark Consul and if you win, you get Ruby.

You, sir, are a genius :D

March 18th, 2012, 6:43 pm
Denizen

I cannot wait to use her as a Villian - we have a houserule that the Consul can take a Hero as a miniboss - and she'll give the Hexcast Sorceress a run for her money as Most Valuable Villain.

I think I'll paint her up as loligoth and put a little skull on the end of her staff....

SDE Spawner Tiers: Ranking Spawn Points in Classic Mode

March 19th, 2012, 12:46 am
Minion

Apolyon wrote:
Wolfgar wrote:

You, sir, are a genius :D

iamfanboy wrote:
I cannot wait to use her as a Villian - we have a houserule that the Consul can take a Hero as a miniboss - and she'll give the Hexcast Sorceress a run for her money as Most Valuable Villain.

I think I'll paint her up as loligoth and put a little skull on the end of her staff....

No, THIS fanboy is a genius!

March 19th, 2012, 12:52 am
Minion

iamfanboy wrote:

That's a great idea! How do you find it works? Balanced?

March 19th, 2012, 8:27 am
Denizen

Deathraven wrote:
iamfanboy wrote:

That's a great idea! How do you find it works? Balanced?

It works out very balanced - we have a couple of groundrules for Villains:

1) No taking advantage of rolled potions/hearts (that's the Hero's benefit!) Yes, that means their Potion ability is a one-time-use only.
2) When the Consul draws Loot cards for 16-bit, he draws a second batch and picks one to equip to his Villain. When Super is reached, he picks a Treasure card for his Villain using the same rules as drawing and picking Loot cards (a straight Villain isn't a match for Rex, or even a tooled up Hero, so allowing some upgrades is a good thing).
3) In all other respects, they're treated just like Minibosses: cost 4 skulls to spawn/move, give a Treasure card after being killed, can be respawned, etcetera etcetera. They keep their Treasure/Loot cards drawn even after being killed - we say one of the bennies for working on the Consul's side is near-immortality! Their Potion token does refresh after being respawned.

We find that the best Villains are the Sorceress (for all those delicious debuffs), the Ranger (for her Remedy), and the Barbarian (who can hew down a Hero in a single round, provided she gets lucky rolls on her Rage).

I mean, it gets BORING as the Consul just using the same Rex's over and over again - that's why I introduced variety into it with this houserule. Oh, and making rules for my Bowser toy as a Boss... he's fun... Oh, and sculpting a set of Dragon Quest-inspired Slimes as another spawning point... but that's another thread.

And now I DEFINITELY can't wait to use Ruby... hrm, what's a good goth princess name? Princess Onyx. Yes, Onyx as a Villain.

March 19th, 2012, 9:43 am
Minion

Cool, I may have to try that some time.

March 19th, 2012, 7:53 pm
Bottle Cap

I love this idea! My wife can't wait for the Princess and informed me that in no way will she ever be the villain.

March 19th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Denizen

Well, my girlfriend justifies the frequent use of the Sorceress as a Villain by saying that she "Loves those adorable baby dragons and can't stand the sight of those mean heroes beating them up all the time!"

She has also insisted that we buy two of the Princess, one for each of us to paint, so that's why mine is loligoth and hers is just... well... gonna be loli, probably. All pink and pretty.

One of my 'staple' AD&D adventures I have is where the PCs have to save the beautiful, demure dragon from the evil, ravening princess, so I'm no stranger to evil princesses.

March 19th, 2012, 8:21 pm
Minion

Sweet! Teamed up with Candy&Cola you have the perfect pair of pink pride support!

March 21st, 2012, 5:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]