View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2018, 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Any good horse models that would look good for chibis? 
Mini-Boss

I wanted to do some conversion work to make some mounted models. I'm trying to find some horse models that won't look too out of place with chibis riding it. I don't want chibi horses with big eyes, just ones that look descent. Anybody have a recomendation?

January 22nd, 2018, 11:49 pm
Mini-Boss

Literally the only thing I can think of are blind-bag sized My Little Pony figures, but they're still really chibi-looking.

January 30th, 2018, 2:11 am
Minion

I don't specifically know of any "mounted chibi" miniatures that exist today... That's a really specific thing. I know of several places to get a variety of individual character minis that would be visually compatible with SDE, but that isn't what you seem to be looking for.

I can't imagine a NON-chibi style mount looking at all right with a chibi miniature, it's a very specific art style, and inconsistency of that visual nature is generally not a pleasant looking thing. But, I didn't respond here just to say "sorry, can't answer your question, posted for no reason". I do have a suggestion you might really like...

A certain other game company, with whom Ninja Division and Soda Pop Miniatures had early experience with on the first edition of Super Dungeon Explore... Who subsequently released a similar LOOKING Chibis game, with very different gameplay, recently announced an upcoming title that is SKIPPING Kickstarter, and going straight to store shelves (by early summer, if I recall correctly.) I'm obviously being deliberately vague here, as I'm not sure if there are any rules, etc on naming it or the competitor... But the developers name indicates a certain love for pasta and old Clint Eastwood movies, and the publisher definitely loves things that are cool... Or not? But anyways, the new product has "Riders" in the title, and it centered around mounts and the chibi aesthetic. You might want to take a look.

February 24th, 2018, 11:45 pm
Ninja Corps

eternaldream wrote:
I wanted to do some conversion work to make some mounted models. I'm trying to find some horse models that won't look too out of place with chibis riding it. I don't want chibi horses with big eyes, just ones that look descent. Anybody have a recomendation?

Impact Miniatures has a whole line of Chibi Ponies of every style you can imagine. http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=chibipony

-ape2020

February 25th, 2018, 7:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]