View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Further plans for alternate profiles? 
Bottle Cap

I really like the idea of alternate profiles that not only give the possibility to use the same miniatures with different stats but also provide approaches for alternate painting themes. I was wondering, if there are plans to do more of these. These should still require some time, since the current focus should be on the Kickstarter.

However, I just got the Emerald Valley Warband and was wondering what to do with the second identical spawn point. I think alternate profiles shine especially if there is a high potential for having duplicates like Warbands with two identical spawn points, i.e., Emerald Valley and the coming Frostbyte Ravagers and Crown Guard. If there are some plans for doing alternates for these in the future, I would just put the second spawn point away and wouldn't mind waiting for after the complete fullfilment of the Kickstarter.

I hope there's something for more alternate profiles somewhere within your pipeline :)

November 26th, 2017, 10:52 am
Minion

There was a wonderful card maker started for SDE, but it was never finished. I was disappointed that Arcade was not completed.

Now that legends will be out soon making ALT monsters and characters would be even cooler. I wish Soda Pop or someone else would pick up the project. Finishing this project would really help my balance issue with the game which was one my requested fixes for 2.0
https://rpg.medicationforall.com/sdecardcreator/

November 27th, 2017, 10:57 pm
Bottle Cap

Thanks for the link. I already know and used the card creator myself. It's a nice tool. However, I prefer "official" cards, so I prefer the alternate cards create by Soda Pop as they usually are designed and balanced better than I could :)

December 1st, 2017, 7:55 pm
Minion

I'm with you, Radulf. I would love to see alternate profiles for a lot more of the figures in the game, even though it would lead to me spending a lot more money as I scramble to pick up multiple copies of things I don't need (like Arcade, which I am probably going to have to buy three times to make all the alternates).

But as much as I want alternates, I'm not wild about using unofficial cards. I mean, I was going to back Yokai Quest just to get yokai minis for SDE, but didn't because they wouldn't have official cards.

Maybe once we get Legends and see how easy or difficult it would be to create custom critters, this mindset will change. But right now I just want cards I know have been tested.

December 5th, 2017, 6:30 pm
Bottle Cap

InfinityMax wrote:
But as much as I want alternates, I'm not wild about using unofficial cards.

I agree.

I hope we'll see some kind of upgrade pack (like the FK pack to upgrade 1.0) with more alts. and the errata cards at some point after the campaign.

December 7th, 2017, 1:59 pm
Minion

I will add a caveat to what I said before. For Legends, I want to be able to make my own monsters. Right now it's the only reason I'm considering drastically expanding my collection of chibi miniatures, so that I can make up all kinds of wacky beasties, but I need to be holding Legends in my hands before I figure out if that's even something I want to do. I need more background and world information, to know if it's even feasible to have tribes of goblins or enormous ninja clans or roaming yokai hordes. If not, I'm likely to be seriously disappointed, but I'm also not going to spend hundreds of dollars on minis before I know if I'm even going to be able to use them (or if I'm just going to have to put the whole thing away and plan on playing something else).

But for classic or arcade, the cards I use have to be balanced. There's no GM to smooth out the rough patches, and so fully tested cards are going to be paramount.

December 7th, 2017, 4:37 pm
Minion

@InfinityMax

I want to make monster too with some sort of card maker for legends.

But the game is not as balanced as you think. No one in our group has ever beaten Von Drakk in Classic mode. Death Spectre is impossible to stop. He just decimates the party. That is not balance. There are other monsters not as bad but still broke that need changed.

December 7th, 2017, 6:45 pm
Bottle Cap

Yeah, this game is not balanced super well. That's why the new rules have a bit about changing the Princess Coin count based on your group and how difficult you find the game to be. Compare Tabbybrook Mage to Royal Paladin. Nocturne or Goro to Forgotten King. Death Spectre or Glimmerwing to Gruesome George. Tribal Stone to Salt Pillar. Etc.

If you have a fair amount of experience playing the game, I bet you can make custom cards that are less powerful than the most powerful official cards, and more powerful than the weak ones.

Did you press the stop button?

December 7th, 2017, 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]