View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2017, 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Siege of the Citadel Chibi Miniatures for SDE 
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
Meankeb wrote:
Bugger. Update from the Siege Kickstarter today:

"We're still waiting on some costs for the new stretch goals (and the new Chibi bundle) still so apologies in the delay on the vote for the Stretch Goals I hope we'll have that up next week. "

BUT! At least they are telling us something.
Personally I went from "I'm confused about this elusive ghost product" to "I can see they are having trouble, but it is being taken care of".

Agreed.

That's actually how I feel at some point with every kickstarter that has scheduled updates. There are always updates where they've got nothing to show just yet (Rail Raiders just went through a really bad patch of "no news").

But it helps me from thinking that the creators have forgotten about it (especially with side projects like the SotC chibis).

March 23rd, 2017, 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Looking at the pictures of the SotC chibis makes me want to play a Scifi version of SDE...

You know, a space station maps with space zombies and aliens vs. chibi astronauts and soldiers and like that...

Would be instant buy for me.

I'm a bit leery about adding scifi elements to normal SDE though...

(who am I kidding? Propably will buy this set if it comes available.)

March 23rd, 2017, 6:43 am
Mini-Boss

Foxwhisperer wrote:
Looking at the pictures of the SotC chibis makes me want to play a Scifi version of SDE...

You know, a space station maps with space zombies and aliens vs. chibi astronauts and soldiers and like that...

Would be instant buy for me.

I'm a bit leery about adding scifi elements to normal SDE though...

(who am I kidding? Propably will buy this set if it comes available.)

Well, when SotC delivers, I'm going to have quite a lot of Mutant Chronicles themed boards as well- and I'm definitely planning to play SDE on them at some point.

March 23rd, 2017, 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Hopefully, today will have an update with the full chibi set rules.

I suppose we've been saying that for a very long time, though.

March 31st, 2017, 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
Hopefully, today will have an update with the full chibi set rules.

I suppose we've been saying that for a very long time, though.

Yeah! My experience with Modiphius compared to others is that even though there are many delays, their communication on these delays and hiccups is much more informative than some other Kickstarter creators.

March 31st, 2017, 1:57 pm
Minion

Guess not!

At least we have until june fro them to show it off :)

March 31st, 2017, 7:44 pm
Mini-Boss

Firah wrote:
Guess not!

At least we have until june fro them to show it off :)

Alas, I suppose we might get it next week, or the week after...

April 3rd, 2017, 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Today's update post from Modiphius -

"We have a meeting with Ninja Division early next week about the chibi bundle which has been delayed a few times so I will be updating you all next week about the Chibi bundle (don't worry you have plenty of time) and we'll be launching the vote for stretch goals next friday."

April 22nd, 2017, 2:20 am
Denizen

AH But Ninja divisio have slotted in the actual development time of the extra figures for some time after wave three of legends is complete.

April 22nd, 2017, 9:37 pm
Mini-Boss

Well, it seems like all of the sculpts are done already.

Honestly, I'm still very curious to see how they do MC-SDE. With Relic Knights, the intent seemed to be to create a functional party of heroes out of them.

With MC, most of them have guns (and more naturally use the Dex stat) and I'm not sure if it would fit for any of them to be using Will (since there are no Brotherhood characters).

So- this week is it? I wonder if I should start a poll to see if people believe that we'll see the full Chibi bundle stuff this week.

April 26th, 2017, 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Update- and... there's a meeting, about costing and eventually they will tell us what's what, but alas... not yet.

YEEEAAAARG

Ok, I'm done now. I think I've been saying "hopefully soon" for quite a while now. Part of me wonders if the communication is more or less frustrating.

I am glad that they acknowledge the chibi bundle in every update now.

On a side note- last week we got to see all of the Way of the fighter Chibi sculpts- and they're pretty glorious.

May 19th, 2017, 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

I hear ya mon... =_=

(Does anyone even use "=_=" anymore?)

I'm glad they are acknowledging the chibis. It assures me that we are getting them.

May 19th, 2017, 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

I'm waiting for the announcement that they've partnered with the Polish Archon studios (L.O.A.D.) are are going to let them try and crank out quality chibis as fast as they produced their own game.... and have them delivered before Legends :)

May 19th, 2017, 9:51 pm
Denizen

If they partnered with Archon (technically with Prodos), producing UniCast miniatures might or might not be highly delayed. I see Prodos unreliable. Demigods Rising is waiting UniCast miniatures, but the mass production has been delayed several times. I understand LOAD and other projects are far more important to them. Of course once Prodos delivers, backers can be very happy with them for saving the project.

May 20th, 2017, 1:57 am
Minion

If anyone wants to help me and a couple users were actually working on a set of homebru rules for RailRaiders Infinite in the RRI backers forum. c:

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

May 21st, 2017, 5:25 am
Mini-Boss

Ok, a that's pretty far off topic, but I'm glad to have some homebrew rules for RRI stuff in SDE.

Maybe it will be a good distraction while we await information on how to get a chibi ezoghoul?

May 25th, 2017, 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

GAHHHH

"Chris Birch, Modiphius Collaborator 2 minutes ago
Hi guys we are chasing info on the chibi bundle bear with us sorry. Pledge manager will be staying open with plenty of notice before we have to close it down"

SPM. please, please, please...

July 7th, 2017, 10:51 pm
Minion

I don't mean to be morbid, but it's like some critical member of the team is terminally ill or has died. The company has had a complete personality shift. It's like a ghost team just wrapping up their last few commitments, but without the flair or passion they had before, before calling it quits.

These figs are for another company - you can't keep them waiting, so theses should have been given a high priority, but that doesn't appear to be the case, does it. So there must be a reason they haven't done them - i.e. They can't.

Also beginning to wonder if Ninja Devision is getting sick of the reputation damage and is considering cutting SPM loose, or at least the SDE line. That's why people have drifted over to unrelated projects and all we see from them anymore is graphics, no figs.

July 8th, 2017, 6:09 am
Mini-Boss

Super Dungeon Explore is the biggest seller for Ninja Division. Soda Pop is easily Ninja Division's largest imprint. You don't just cut them loose.

And, let's be honest, what is all of the "Bad Publicity" that ND is getting over SDE pr SPM? The Kickstarter is late... that's kind of it. It is not the most late KS ever, and it is far from the worst run or worst communication. At least I know that I haven't seen any reason why NJ and SPM would split (and I'm under the impression that NJ is owned by the people who run SPM).

One of the things I'm worrying about is what people expect the "bundle" to accomplish. It seems like SPM wanted to make some expensive resin minis for Siege, but a lot of customers wanted them to be cheaper plastics (in line with the prices of warband boxes). If Modiphius is asking for them to be level box priced, and SPM can't do that financially, I could see it leading to this quagmire of non-updates.

I mean- Modiphius' bundle wants to make more chibis for a lower price- but bundling Resin minis doesn't reduce the cost of making them. I get the impression that the Modiphius folks talk a bit much before they've crunched numbers, and they really can't pass those problems along to another company that's working with them.

July 14th, 2017, 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

So... It's not just me skimming the updates, right.
There really hasn't been any news on the SotC chibi miniatures for a loooong time?

August 5th, 2017, 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next