View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Beta 1.5 rules: What does Arc do? 
Minion

This is a treasure card in the 1.5 beta rules

Lightning Caster
Treausre
YELLOW

+1G WILL

!X! 2AP RED !X! Lightning Storm:
Magic 6, Arc

What does Arc do?!

September 22nd, 2016, 1:16 am
Ninja Corps

You have the wrong forums for that question. This is the Relic Knight forum. ^_~

Other than that. I don't know off hand :P

September 22nd, 2016, 1:33 am
Denizen

To quote from the last time this came up in this thread:
kreakdude wrote:
"Arc:​ After resolving an action with Arc, choose another model within 2 squares of the last model targeted and which has not already been targeted. Resolve the action again, rolling 1 less dice of the player's choice against the new target. Continue choosing new targets in this manner until Arc fails to inflict a wound, or no dice remain, or there is no new target in range."

Thanks (just came out today).

December 11th, 2016, 6:37 pm
Denizen

kreakdude wrote:
This is a treasure card in the 1.5 beta rules

Lightning Caster
Treausre
YELLOW

+1G WILL

!X! 2AP RED !X! Lightning Storm:
Magic 6, Arc

What does Arc do?!

Its in the rule book for 1.5 beta I believe under advanced rules.

February 10th, 2017, 11:23 am
Bottle Cap

No mention of popping potions or hearts though. The way it is written it could be a heart/potion fountain when used for offensive rolls.

Just based on that maybe a slight modification? I'd post this in the Beta forum but I too am a late backer.

Arc: After resolving an action with Arc, choose another model within 2 squares of the last model targeted and which has not already been targeted. Remove one or more dice of the player's choice from the previous roll and resolve the action again. Continue choosing new targets in this manner until Arc fails to inflict a wound, or no dice remain, or there is no new target in range. For offensive rolls, hearts and potions are received only if those dice are removed and the result of the action inflicted a wound. More than one die can be removed before resolving the action on the next target to receive multiple hearts/potions in this way.

February 21st, 2017, 6:54 pm
Denizen

drachir wrote:
No mention of popping potions or hearts though. The way it is written it could be a heart/potion fountain when used for offensive rolls.

Just based on that maybe a slight modification? I'd post this in the Beta forum but I too am a late backer.

Arc: After resolving an action with Arc, choose another model within 2 squares of the last model targeted and which has not already been targeted. Remove one or more dice of the player's choice from the previous roll and resolve the action again. Continue choosing new targets in this manner until Arc fails to inflict a wound, or no dice remain, or there is no new target in range. For offensive rolls, hearts and potions are received only if those dice are removed and the result of the action inflicted a wound. More than one die can be removed before resolving the action on the next target to receive multiple hearts/potions in this way.

Popping Hearts/Potions isn't an official rule, it's a variant. Your suggested change also completely negates heart/potion gain from Arc since I can only roll dice in the die pool, unless you mean that if I inflict a wound with Arc I gain effects from the special face of the dice I removed from my die pool, in which case it becomes even easier to get hearts/potions since I can just use Arc on a weak enemy and discard most of my dice so that I have a high chance of getting a ton of bonuses back.

February 21st, 2017, 11:51 pm
Bottle Cap

Clawandbyte wrote:

Popping Hearts/Potions isn't an official rule, it's a variant. Your suggested change also completely negates heart/potion gain from Arc since I can only roll dice in the die pool, unless you mean that if I inflict a wound with Arc I gain effects from the special face of the dice I removed from my die pool, in which case it becomes even easier to get hearts/potions since I can just use Arc on a weak enemy and discard most of my dice so that I have a high chance of getting a ton of bonuses back.

Sorry I didn't make that clear (writing rules is hard!). So for each target you do NOT reroll the dice. For each subsequent target (provided the current target was successfully rolled against), you remove one (or more) dice and yes, if that removed die was showing a heart/potion that's what the players would get. With the dice remaining, you use the currently showing values and don't reroll.

So normally all hearts and potions would be taken on the first target if successful as they don't contribute to any subsequent target. Of course if there are rerolls due to ability, status effects etc the player may elect to keep a heart/potion in the mix as a rerolled die.

Popping hearts/potions is under the expanded rules in v1 but in FK it's a basic rule (Under the Rolling Dice header in classic & arcade modes) and in the 1.9 beta rules it's in the Resolve Effects section, which is why I brought it up. I'm sure some people may drop the rule but it seems pretty baked in. With rerolling the entire set of dice (minus one) the odds of getting hearts and potions goes way up for the price of a single action (2 APs in this case) so as written it could be a bit over powered.

Alternately, rerolls for each target could be used but only the hearts and potions from the first (successful) roll would be allotted to the players. On subsequent targets hearts and potions would be treated as blank.

February 22nd, 2017, 12:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]