View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 19th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Can you spawn monsters through walls? 
Mini-Boss

I know LOS can't be drawn through walls, but what about other things? I'm thinking about spawning first. If you put a spawner behind a wall is there any rule that monsters can't spawn on the other side?

September 4th, 2016, 1:16 pm
Denizen

There is nothing in the rules that say you cannot spawn through a wall, as long as the spawned monster is adjacent to (or within 2 squares of, depends on the ruleset) the spawn point, you can spawn there.

September 4th, 2016, 2:42 pm
Minion

Technically it might be true that nothing says you can't spawn through walls. But I feel like this is not in the spirit of the action though and open for abuse if used that way. The creatures supposedly come out of the spawn point right.. so unless they can move through walls themselves, I feel like they shouldn't.

Even if it was magic that teleported them in from some other place, even the special ability Teleport requires LOS..

September 9th, 2016, 6:17 pm
Mini-Boss

But it is based off of old school video games. Also is a game within a game as it is an arcade game in relic knights. In old games monsters just appeared out of nowhere all the time. I would like an official ruling on it too however that and aoes i can't remember if they go through walls as well.

September 9th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Denizen

AoEs only hit targets that the origin of the AoE has LoS to. (This was ruled already somewhere. I forget where.)

For example, if you have a minion behind a wall who is hidden from view, and there is a minion next to him who is in plain sight, then a wave attack wouldn't hit the enemy behind the wall because the AoE originated from the other side of the wall. A burst effect that targeted the minion in plain sight, however, would hit both. (Also, if the user of the wave attack had Ghost, they could just hit them with the AoE regardless of walls. Similar for Fly and Structures.)

September 9th, 2016, 9:16 pm
Denizen

Clawandbyte wrote:
AoEs only hit targets that the origin of the AoE has LoS to. (This was ruled already somewhere. I forget where.)

This was in the rulebook.
Classic mode p26/Arcade mode p34 under Area Effects "Squares that a user cannot draw line of sight to are not affected." As you noted burst AoE being the exception where LoS is determined based on the target not the user.

September 19th, 2016, 2:05 am
Minion

As of 9/22/2016 in the Beta backer rules 1.6 the spawn point cannot spawn through walls.

"When monsters are spawned, they are placed within three squares and line of sight of the spawn point."

September 23rd, 2016, 6:47 pm
Dungeon Boss

For FK rules, yes.

For Beta rules, no. But until those become official, spawn through walls as you please!

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

September 23rd, 2016, 7:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]