View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2017, 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Range and LOS 
Denizen

Preface: I play with a really, really rules (lawyer) heavy group.

Let's start with Line of Sight, can you establish LOS from any point on the square of the attacker to any point on the target square or do you have to target corner to corner? All of the sample images in 1st and 2nd edition would lead me to think it has to be corner to corner even though the rules say any point.

Next up range. If my only LOS has to come from the "back" of the attacker's square does that increase the range? Let me give an example, a Hero is trying to attack a Rattlebones. The Rattlebones is diagonal from the Hero and if you "count" the number of squares it is 6 and in range of the Heroe's Range 6 attack. However the Hero doesn't have LOS from the "front" of their square due to a wall. However if you come off of the back of the square and go to the Rattlebone there is LOS. However if you now count the number of squares that the LOS line crosses it is 7 because you have to also count the square "next to" the Hero. Making the Range 7 and the attack cannot reach. Does LOS affect the Range?

June 1st, 2016, 8:11 pm
Ninja Corps

LOS is drawn from any point on a square to any point of a target square. Corner to corner is usually the easiest. Rarely, if ever, will corner to corner not suffice. But, it's not an absolute.

LOS is not range. They are two totally separate things. An effect at range is two steps. Determine line of site. then determine range. LOS is a binary of yes/no. where that line goes has absolutely no bearing on counting range, which is counted purely in squares.

June 1st, 2016, 8:58 pm
Denizen

Thanks, that is how we read it all as well, but I thought I would ask in case there was some FAQ/errata/etc out there somewhere.

June 1st, 2016, 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]