View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 19th, 2018, 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Question about spawing pool 
Bottle Cap

I've tried to look around for an answer to this, but haven't been able to find anything.

The rules say that you can summon any monster from any point, and that defeated monsters go back to the spawning pool.
So, say the Heroes have destroyed all spawning points but one. Can I use the last one to summon all monsters (or as many as I can fit) from the other destroyed points as well?
Meaning that if I have enough room I can spawn 2-3 spawn points worth of monsters in the same area?
Or can I only spawn the monsters written on the card of the point I'm activating, meaning a monster is permanently gone from the game should its spawner be destroyed?

March 18th, 2016, 10:15 pm
Ninja Corps

Gizhul wrote:
Or can I only spawn the monsters written on the card of the point I'm activating, meaning a monster is permanently gone from the game should its spawner be destroyed?

Correct.

Arcade Mode
p24
Spawn
3rd paragraph

"Monsters may only be spawned from a spawning point which lists them as part of its spawning pool."

March 18th, 2016, 10:37 pm
Bottle Cap

Right, thanks.

But is it the same in Classic?

March 18th, 2016, 10:55 pm
Ninja Corps

There's two possible scenarios here. Either (we will assume this is simple, and your game is only using 2 spawn points for simplicity) you are using two different spawns, lets say fungal growth and dragon clutch, or you are using the same spawn twice, we'll say 2 fungal growths. In the case of different spawns, if the dragon clutch is destroyed, the welps and what have you that come with it become inaccessible for the rest of the game, even though they are still technically in your spawn pool and you have the fungal growth (baring any boss or mini boss special abilities, but we are talking strictly basic spawn rules here). In the case of same spawns, when one of the fungal growths is destroyed, you still have the monsters it originally brought to the game in your spawn pool. Since the second fungal growth lists the same monsters you could spawn from that fungal growth an amount of monsters up to the monsters listed on the spawn card, then (following the spawn rules for whichever version you are playing) you could spawn again, and field up to whats printed on the card, even if the ones you spawned previously are still on the field, so long as matching monsters are still in your pool.

Ultimately it means that if you use the same spawns, you retain access to the full number of monsters in your pool. But, if you use different spawns, you have more variety which may be useful in a wider range of situations. Both methods have their pros and cons.

March 18th, 2016, 10:58 pm
Bottle Cap

Right, so a spawn point can only spawn the moster(s) that are written on the card.

Awesome, thank you ^_^

March 18th, 2016, 11:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]