View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 19th, 2018, 4:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Arcade Mode: What if there are no disturbed monsters? Spawn? 
Minion

In arcade mode let's say there is a nearest spawn point but there are no disturbed monsters. I would imagine I should just spawn? Otherwise, if I draw a command card it might not have spawn on it which is a total waste of the consul's turn. I haven't found it in the rules, but it seems like common sense.

March 8th, 2016, 7:07 am
Minion

Yes you just spawn. It's in the faq http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/super-dungeon-explore-faq-april-17-2015.pdf

March 8th, 2016, 4:15 pm
Minion

Except the errata'd text says:

"If no monsters remain on the dungeon..."

Not:

"If there are no disturbed monsters..."

So there could, for example, be monsters three tiles away from the nearest hero, but none that are disturbed.

What happens in that instance is undefined.

March 8th, 2016, 5:17 pm
Minion

That said, I would not draw a card, and perform a spawn at the closest disturbed Spawn Point to the Hero with most Wrath.

I'm not sure what I would do if the nearest Spawn Point was not disturbed.

March 8th, 2016, 5:20 pm
Ninja Corps

Really splitting hairs here, as in the diagram below, the following would have to be true:

[AA] <- All Heroes here, No Spawn Point

[BB] <- No monsters here, No Spawn Point

[CC] <- No monsters here and no Hero attacked any monster or spawning point on the tile during the Hero turn.

SPAWN AT NON-DISTURBED SPAWN POINT

It is a stretch, but if that were the case, then the Errata 3.02 kicks in, and Spawn occurs, even though the Spawn point is not disturbed. Else that, in answer to the example where there are still undisturbed monsters X squares away:

p24 No Eligible Spawning Points
"If there are no disturbed spawning points capable of spawning either because they have all been destroyed or because there are no models available in the spawning pool... immediately draw a new card".

[CC] <- Spawn Point, Monsters present, none which have been attacked, and no monsters listed on the spawning card are available in the spawning pool, and there are no other commands listed on the card.

DRAW NEW CARD

March 9th, 2016, 2:18 am
Minion

Meankeb wrote:
Really splitting hairs here, as in the diagram below, the following would have to be true:

[CC] <- No monsters here and no Hero attacked any monster or spawning point on the tile during the Hero turn.

SPAWN AT NON-DISTURBED SPAWN POINT

It is a stretch, but if that were the case, then the Errata 3.02 kicks in, and Spawn occurs, even though the Spawn point is not disturbed.

I can see the logic there except for one thing.

Errata 3.02 says:

Quote:
3.02 Page 23, 4. Draw Command Card: Add, “If no monsters remain on the dungeon, do not draw a command card. Instead, immediately resolve a Spawn command as explained on page 24.”

And page 24 says:

Quote:
SPAWN
One disturbed spawning point, closest to the Hero with the most wrath, immediately spawns all monsters listed on its spawning card and that are available in the spawning pool.

But there are no disturbed spawning points. So this does not apply. And neither the rulebook nor the errata cover this scenario.

Meankeb wrote:
Else that, in answer to the example where there are still undisturbed monsters X squares away:

p24 No Eligible Spawning Points
"If there are no disturbed spawning points capable of spawning either because they have all been destroyed or because there are no models available in the spawning pool... immediately draw a new card".

[CC] <- Spawn Point, Monsters present, none which have been attacked, and no monsters listed on the spawning card are available in the spawning pool, and there are no other commands listed on the card.

DRAW NEW CARD

Sure, but what if it is the case that there are models available in the spawning pool for that undisturbed spawning point?

IE:

[CC] <- Spawn Point, Monsters present, none which have been attacked, and monsters listed on the spawning card are available in the spawning pool.

Again, this scenario is not covered by the rules as written in the rulebook and/or errata.

And let's say we do take this approach, and draw a new card - then what? If it has a move command, do we move the monsters on tile [CC] even though they are not disturbed? Why? They're not disturbed, so they shouldn't act. And if they shouldn't act, why bother drawing a card?

I think these scenarios are such edge cases, and so unlikely to happen during a game, that one can simply skip the Draw Command Card and Perform Command steps of the Consul turn.

It is, after all, in the interest of the Heroes to progress the game by moving towards tile [CC] and thereby disturbing the monsters once they reach [BB]. I guess there could be some healing, etc, done. But in that instance I would just say "OK, lets not play this out, we can just restore full health and move on, as though we had played it out".

March 9th, 2016, 3:34 am
Ninja Corps

Agreed. We're into minutiae. Ultimately, we're just are back to monsters don't spawn until the spawn point is disturbed. This would be the case as soon as the heroes move into the adjacent tile on their next activation. In that case (assuming they don't Run straight to [CC]):

[AA] <- No Spawn Point, no monsters

[BB] <- Heroes here, no monsters here, no Spawn Point

[CC] <- No monsters here, Spawn point here becomes disturbed

Don't draw card, SPAWN per Errata. We're in rule lawyer zone at this point. I will remember this epic discussion, and never see it happen.

March 9th, 2016, 4:16 am
Minion

How would you even get a no disturbed spawn point? kill everything then run at least a tile away so the next tile is no longer disturbed? The only benefit I can see is if you wanted to try to bandage all your heroes but you would also be stopping game play.

March 9th, 2016, 2:46 pm
Minion

JuiceElf wrote:
How would you even get a no disturbed spawn point? kill everything then run at least a tile away so the next tile is no longer disturbed? The only benefit I can see is if you wanted to try to bandage all your heroes but you would also be stopping game play.

Just don't leave tile [AA].

Eventually the spawning points on tiles [AA] and [BB] will self destruct, then you just have to kill all the remaining monsters and mini-bosses from those spawning points.

March 10th, 2016, 12:53 am
Minion

Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Just don't leave tile [AA].

Eventually the spawning points on tiles [AA] and [BB] will self destruct, then you just have to kill all the remaining monsters and mini-bosses from those spawning points.

Yeah, that's what I did.

March 13th, 2016, 1:51 am
Minion

That sounds really boring

March 14th, 2016, 2:59 pm
Minion

For our first game to "try it out" with my boyfriend, the spawning point on the second tile destroyed itself while we were still on the first tile, fighting the coming swarm of monsters. So it was that case, we could stay in the first tile and take the time to clean it, before moving to the second tile. The second thing happened on the second tile....

In general, I was also under the impression that the monsters don"t have enough "Unique" cards... It makes the games way too easy, as the heroes didnt get poison, hex, etc, very often at all. We had to wait for the 3rd mini-boss spawn for the heroes to get a condition...

March 14th, 2016, 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]