View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2018, 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Backpack and loot. 
Minion

Hi guys,

I've bought the game very recently in french (I'm french), and thus apolosgize in advance if some of the words arent the correct ones for the items and such, i'll try to make it as clear as possible. There are some things I cant get straight about the backpack.

In the rules it is written that all unequipped loot after the amelioration phase during the hero turn, are discarded. And in the backpack description it is stated that the Princess coins and loot are to be put on the backpack card, for later use.

But if loot (so red and blue cards) is to be discarded if unequipped, how is it possible to have some loot placed in the backpack ?

it is very confusing, thank you for your help and the english rules clarification.

In the future I plan to buy everything in english, will simplify every interaction.

Thanks a lot,
Millenia

March 1st, 2016, 2:28 pm
Bottle Cap

So assuming I'm understanding the rules correctly (someone please chime in if I'm not!) you place loot and treasure in the backpack as it is dropped. For example, you open a chest and receive your treasure, it will go into the backpack until the power up (which you referred to as amelioration I believe) phase at the end of the characters turn. Once you've equipped everything, if any loot or treasure is left over that is not equipped for any reason, it is then discarded. As for princess coins, keys, and so on, that will remain in the backpack until it is used, at which point it is discarded.

Hopefully that helps and makes sense, and if I misspoke someone please correct me!

March 1st, 2016, 2:56 pm
Mini-Boss

Think in playful way about backpack:
It's easy to keep and carry a small key or coin, but maybe is a waste of energy keep in your backpack an heavy war axe to walk around without usage. :roll:

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

March 1st, 2016, 3:50 pm
Consul

I understand your frustration. Tbh I don't think the backpack was a good addition.
But it's basically a "place your stuff here"-area. It just makes something simple unnecessarily complex.

You gain a princess coin which can be used at any time to revive a hero.
becomes:
You place a princess coin in your backpack which can be used at any time to revive a hero.

Any loot you gain can't be equipped until the end of the turn.
becomes:
Any loot you gain are placed in the backpack and can't be equipped until the end of the turn.

The image of a backpack falsely conveys the idea that loot can be carried. But nope.

March 2nd, 2016, 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Goblin-King wrote:
You gain a princess coin which can be used at any time to revive a hero.
becomes:
You place a princess coin in your backpack which can be used at any time to revive a hero.

The princess coin can only be used during the upkeep of any hero according to my Classic Rules Book, page 24 (arcade rules p32)
Or did I misunderstand your use of "any time"? ;)

March 2nd, 2016, 11:13 pm
Denizen

the backpack will become more "useful" with Legends, pretty sure one of the devs mentioned something of the sort during the KS as the same question was asked.

March 3rd, 2016, 2:04 am
Minion

Oookay I get this. Thanks a lot. Maybe it would be good if I could get a hand on Arcade and Classic rulesets in english, to use the same words as all here first, and then maybe to avoid getting trapped in some translation errors ^^

March 3rd, 2016, 9:37 am
Bottle Cap

Millenia wrote:
Oookay I get this. Thanks a lot. Maybe it would be good if I could get a hand on Arcade and Classic rulesets in english, to use the same words as all here first, and then maybe to avoid getting trapped in some translation errors ^^

See here for rules:
http://sodapopminiatures.com/media-page ... n-explore/

March 3rd, 2016, 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]