View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2018, 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 QUESTION ON SPAWNING POINTS? 
Bottle Cap

Hi folks hope you can make this clear for me thank you

When deploying monsters around the spawning point are there any restrictions on where they can be placed. I know they can be placed two squares away from the spawning point. what i'm confused about is the things like structures and difficult terrain.
In the classic mode rule book page7 the paragraph titled Populate dungeon there is also a diagram showing an example of placing monster. one of the bellmen has been placed on a structure square. Is this correct i thought structures were not allowed to be entered?

well thats all hope you can help

February 12th, 2016, 7:05 am
Dungeon Boss

vinnyguitar wrote:
Hi folks hope you can make this clear for me thank you

When deploying monsters around the spawning point are there any restrictions on where they can be placed. I know they can be placed two squares away from the spawning point. what i'm confused about is the things like structures and difficult terrain.
In the classic mode rule book page7 the paragraph titled Populate dungeon there is also a diagram showing an example of placing monster. one of the bellmen has been placed on a structure square. Is this correct i thought structures were not allowed to be entered?

well thats all hope you can help

There may be an answer for this in the FAQ, but there is no defined answer in the rulebook. However, the way I play it is that monsters must be spawned on legal spaces. That is to say, spaces they could walk on. So a flying model could be spawned on a Structure or Cha square, but a non-flying model could not.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

February 12th, 2016, 10:43 am
Bottle Cap

Thank you Daemonforge for the reply I agree with you there , that is the way I will play the game it just makes sense.

February 12th, 2016, 4:56 pm
Minion

There is an answer with regard to Difficult Terrain in the Arcade Mode rules:

Arcade Mode rules, page 7 wrote:
The players place each monster within two squares of the spawning point. Monsters may not be placed in a negative tile effect, or adjacent to another monster, unless it cannot be placed otherwise.

My understanding is "a negative tile effect" is anything like Difficult Terrain.

In Classic Mode I would think it is up to the Consul player to choose whether to spawn on, and suffer the, negative tile effects or not.

February 12th, 2016, 9:41 pm
Ninja Corps

Scorpion0x17 wrote:
In Classic Mode I would think it is up to the Consul player to choose whether to spawn on, and suffer the, negative tile effects or not.

I vote with Scorpion on this one, believe they got it right in the Arcade mode rules. You would only spawn in a negative terrain tile effect if there is no other option.

February 13th, 2016, 1:34 am
Denizen

Meankeb wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I vote with Scorpion on this one, believe they got it right in the Arcade mode rules. You would only spawn in a negative terrain tile effect if there is no other option.

Not sure if a structure would be necessarily be a negative terrain, though, as it has no penalties for a monster.
So you'd sooner spawn them on top of structures than on brambles.

February 13th, 2016, 7:15 am
Minion

Teowulff wrote:
Meankeb wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Not sure if a structure would be necessarily be a negative terrain, though, as it has no penalties for a monster.
So you'd sooner spawn them on top of structures than on brambles.

I agree.

I would not count structures as negative terrain, but, rather, as illegal spaces.

February 13th, 2016, 9:21 am
Ninja Corps

Scorpion0x17 wrote:
I would not count structures as negative terrain, but, rather, as illegal spaces.

I concur again. The negative terrain effects are already numerous, but it feels like in V2.1 rules might caputre this?

February 14th, 2016, 12:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]