View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 14th, 2018, 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Arcade Mode Questions 
Minion

I've read the rules several times I'm terribly slow but can someone elaborate on a few things?

Okay so minions can't do anything but move and buff their Elites got it.

What if you have an Elite duo gang? The Dust Acolytes have a support and a red um... Do they use the red if their in a gang?

Minions use an action if a unique is drawn right they can only use support actions?

Von Drakk has 3 actions how does this work? If fight and unique is used he uses his skull ability and then his other abilties one after another if appicable and attacks? Skull attacks are free so..

If A spawning point would spawn monsters but die at same time would they spawn then summon mini boss or just spawn mini?

Recover affects Spawning points and that's the Consul's turn right? Only if spawn is drawn and you can't spawn do you draw another?

If the Elite bit the dust and the minions are still alive they just kinda stand there till they die?

December 31st, 2015, 11:16 pm
Denizen

JackWolf wrote:
What if you have an Elite duo gang? The Dust Acolytes have a support and a red um... Do they use the red if their in a gang?

Yes, if you have a solo Dust Mage he would use the blue support action "Bone Pile" when a Unique command is drawn. If he is bonded into an elite gang then "Bone Pile" is upgraded to a red offensive action.

JackWolf wrote:
Minions use an action if a unique is drawn right they can only use support actions?

Erm, no. Just remember that minions don't really do anything except to buff elite models. their attacks and actions.
So when a Unique is drawn the elite performs the action. The strength of the action will depend on if minions are in gang range.

JackWolf wrote:
Von Drakk has 3 actions how does this work? If fight and unique is used he uses his skull ability and then his other abilties one after another if appicable and attacks? Skull attacks are free so..

With Von Drakk, if a Fight command is drawn he will do "Ghastly Vigor" his signature action (the one with the skull on it) then perform 3 attacks.
If a Unique command is drawn he performs "Ghastly Vigor","Army of Bone" & "Hypnotic Gaze".
If a Combo card (Fight & Unique) is drawn you perform the special actions once each, then 3 normal attacks.

JackWolf wrote:
If A spawning point would spawn monsters but die at same time would they spawn then summon mini boss or just spawn mini?

A spawning point would spawn the monsters listed then suffer a wound and be removed.
The mini boss would then be Spawned in the Power up phase of the turn.

JackWolf wrote:
Recover affects Spawning points and that's the Consul's turn right? Only if spawn is drawn and you can't spawn do you draw another?

Not sure on this, will check.
And yes, if you cannot spawn when a spawn card is drawn, draw another card.

JackWolf wrote:
If the Elite bit the dust and the minions are still alive they just kinda stand there till they die?

If their Spawn point is still alive the minions will move back to the spawn point ready for an elite to be spawned again.
If the Spawn point is already destroyed and there is no elite present, minions will do nothing at all.

January 1st, 2016, 7:12 am
Denizen

JackWolf wrote:
Recover affects Spawning points and that's the Consul's turn right?

Hmmm, I'm mixed on the answer to this one, on whether Spawn points heal 1 wound on a Recover card being drawn.

Argument for;
Pg 23 of Arcade rules, bold sentence under heading 5.Perform Commands.
Quote:
Only disturbed monsters and spawning points perform commands

Though I think the mention of spawning points is more referring to when a spawn command is drawn and the point of this sentence is a reminder about disturbed monsters/spawners only.

Argument against;
Pg22 & 23 of Arcade rules.
The order of activation on pg 22 shows the order in which each monster type would perform the actions listed on a card that has been drawn. A spawn point is not included in that list so would be skipped over when a Recover card is drawn.

My leaning is towards no, but I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

January 1st, 2016, 7:58 am
Minion

Thanks I just find Arcade terribly confusing.

January 1st, 2016, 8:54 am
Denizen

Yes, it can take a bit of getting used to.
I'd say just play a load of games, have fun and don't worry if you make a few mistakes.
I've played quite a bit of arcade now and have gradually refined my understanding of how things work.

January 1st, 2016, 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]