View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Rule Questions That Came Up 
Minion

So was playing Arcade mode by myself and a lot of questions popped up.

1: Are debuff actions that don't hurt just 'bam' or you gotta roll? And if you succeed and roll potion/heart do you get one?

2: To do a debuff do you use will?

3: If Fae Alchemist uses her bomb potion and succeeds with a potion she get it back?

4: In Arcade mode if you draw a move do all monsters move or just ones on the tile that are 'disturbed'?

5: If you draw a Boo Booty due to Experimental Concoction do you redraw till you get two treasures?

6: If you draw a 'Move' and 'Fight' and there no elites but a minion next to a hero will it eschew moving and just smack them upside the head?

7* Not exactly a rules question but what is the proper method of putting the pieces in the box after you first open it and what do I use the four bags for?

December 27th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Denizen

1, it depends;
For heroes, if it is a blue button support action then no roll is made unless the instructions say otherwise.
Princess Emerald's Scope ability requires a roll DEX vs DEX to inflict the status effect.
A blue support action roll would not earn hearts/potions.

If it is a red button action that inflicts a status effect, then yes an offensive roll is needed, and if it succeeds you would earn any hearts/potions rolled and inflict the status effect and inflict a wound.

For arcade monsters that have blue button actions, these just happen when a unique command is drawn with no defence roll made by the heroes.

2, use whichever stat is specified on the action, or none as a roll may not be necessary.

3, yes, if an offensive action (red button) succeeds you get any hearts/potions rolled. Some potions basically give you an offensive action so you would gain hearts/potions rolled if the roll succeeds. So specifically with Fae Alchemists potion, yes you would.

4, only the monsters on disturbed tiles move.

5, not fully sure on this one, I'll have to check the FAQ again. But I think Boo Booty's only spawn when opening a treasure chest, not when drawing treasures for other reasons, ie mini boss or other.
So I would've thought you shuffle them back in and draw again. Either that or the potion is a dud and you discard one boo booty and shuffle the other back in.

6, minions cannot attack, only buff elite models. Without elites present or in range, minions will move either towards the nearest elite they can gang up with, or if there are no elites on the board they will move towards the spawn point to await the re-spawning of an elite, or if the spawn point is already destroyed minions will do nothing at all.

7, completely up to you!

December 28th, 2015, 5:59 am
Ninja Corps

I can confirm all of the answers. Though I'm in the same boat with the alchemist drawing treasure. Without looking at the card/book I don't have an answer off hand.

December 28th, 2015, 9:07 am
Minion

So Lullaby on Minstrel just bam done no roll?

December 28th, 2015, 10:08 am
Denizen

Yes, lullaby does not require a dice roll to inflict slow.

December 28th, 2015, 1:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]