View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Frequently Asked Questions! 
Moderator Ninja

Heya all,

I am trying to put together a list for Deke to answer. I have pulled all these questions from this forum. Let me know if there are any others you have.

Shane

Q: So a curious find for me on the Rocktop Bombadier card. They have the second ability where they can throw a model. It then says that it has a blast that you center on the thrown model, and then it's destroyed. Now, my question is do you roll for the throw attack first before the blast? By that I mean, say you throw a shell 4 spaces. The rules for throw say that when the model is adjacent to another, you perform an attack against any that are within 1 square of the thrown model. Then it says you have a blast attack that hits all models within 2 squares of the thrown model.

Q: during the dungeon populate step of game set up it says to place all monsters withing 2 spaces of the spawn point. It then says that this is called spawning and gives the page number describing spawning. The spawning description says that after you place the monsters the the spawning point takes 1 point of damage. Without in line clarification, this implies that when you populate the dungeon initially, the spawning point takes damage. Is this the intent?

Q: Herald of Vulcanis - Miniboss version
The ability Flaming Javelin uses Sword 6, but adds 1 red Dex dice instead of Strength - Is this correct? Why?
On his hero card Flaming Javelin uses the Arrow for Dex, not the Sword - So I'm guessing Typo

Q: Trent - Mini Boss
Nothing bad here - but his description text seems to cut off mid sentenc

Q: Shadow-Mode Candy - Mini Boss
2 Red Action: Nether Soul: +1 STR -
It doesn't have a Sword/Staff/Arrow so it doesn't specify which dice are being rolled or the Range, Nor does it have Wave or Burst or anything.
I can guess it's using Str, but at what range?

Q: The dust mages have a typo as well the bone cold ability (at least i believe that is what the ability is called) says attack action plus red will but does not have an range-type icon. Easy enough to figure out it's a will attack i would assume the dust mages normal range.

Q: the arcade cards for the Herbalists (Turniphead gang) and Will-o-wisps (wisp gang) don' have crystal affinities. AmI to assume that they use the same as their classic- mode counterparts?

Q: One thing i think is a typo in arcade mode the old growth creatures are not immune to poison like they are in classic mode is that a typo or is it a balance thing.

Q: I believe Arcade mode Salt is missing a range icon on his blue unique action "Circle of Salt" (range 6 in classic mode).

Q: House of Frog Arcade Elite Gang has type-o in that the second Frog Knight is listed as a Bonded Chimera "Minion", not "Elite".

Q: Another one I found is the Cursed Talisman" treasure card from the Von Drakk Set. In V1, it's "cursed" ability crippled your attack. Now, Cursed amulet cripples your defense but gives you a green armor dice... Doesn't that make absolutely no sense? Shouldn't it be the same as V1?

Q: Curse Coven Gang and the Crypt Spider Elite in Arcade mode do not have a range listed on all of their unique actions (Transmogrify, Doom and Enervating Bite).

Q: What happens when all the monsters are dead when you flip over an arcade card and it's not a spawn action?

Q: When a spawn point is destroyed and the minion's leader (elite) is dead, what do the minions do?

Q: In the example of Activations and turns, when the consul spawned monsters it was able to heal a Wisp that was already on the board and wounded. How? There is no mention of healing monsters on the board during Spawn turns. Or did I miss something?

Q: Hi, I noticed the shadow crown treasure marked for the forgotten king boss but it was mixed in with the normal treasure deck and the deck is short one red card without it (6 green, 6 blue, 6 yellow, 5 red). I highly suspect this card had a print error but wanted to get some confirmation.

Q: Every time that you use a spanning point to spawn monster, the spanning point take one wound. But, the Consul can use his spanning point when he have only one wound left? Then destroy it. And this destruction does make the mini-boss and boss appear.

Q; if i am using the tiles from the first edition in a game does the lava still light models that cross it on fire?

Q: say a squirrel or slime is in a heroes pants and they die would the invading creep be placed in the dungeon next to the skull token or do they just disappear?

Q: I can't find anything saying turnipheads can't heal spawn points, is that legit?

Q: The treasure item "Fool's Gold" (a Roxxor treasure) says that it gives the luck ability (it's only actual bonus). However, the luck described on it is different from the luck that's printed on characters (like candy or the riftling rogue). The one on characters allows for an extra treasure card to be drawn (and choose one to return to the deck) when that character gets a treasure. However, the fools gold luck describes the "other half" of luck from V1 of the game. E.G. the ability to swap heard for potions and potions for hearts on rolled dice. So, my questions is, which of these does fools gold give? the luck ability, the ability described on the card (which starts by reading "a model with luck...") or both? Or, third option, do all characters with luck gain the ability to swap hearts and potions if this treasure is in play?

Q: Is Sprout and King Sprout considered to be the same model? I had a situation where the Old-Growth Hollow did a spawn action. King Sprout was in play with a few wounds. I just healed the King Sprout but should I have spawned a sprout as well?

Q: The backpack description says it can be used to hold unequipped items, but the PowerUp phase for both game modes suggests any item not equipped is discarded/turned into hearts. Maybe this is simply so there's a distinction between turns (draw loot at the end of the turn and put it into the backpack, then immediately hand it out during the power up phase following), but was this the intent?

April 14th, 2015, 12:05 pm
Bottle Cap

Jestor wrote:
Q: I believe Arcade mode Salt is missing a range icon on his blue unique action "Circle of Salt" (range 6 in classic mode).

and

Jestor wrote:
Q: Curse Coven Gang and the Crypt Spider Elite in Arcade mode do not have a range listed on all of their unique actions (Transmogrify, Doom and Enervating Bite).

have already been answered for me by another (Daemonforge). Arcade rulebook pg 25 under the Unique section, "The monster's range attribute is always used unless the unique action lists a different range or area of effect".

April 15th, 2015, 8:55 am
Bottle Cap

Jestor wrote:
Q: Is Sprout and King Sprout considered to be the same model? I had a situation where the Old-Growth Hollow did a spawn action. King Sprout was in play with a few wounds. I just healed the King Sprout but should I have spawned a sprout as well?

Arcade Rulebook pg.39 under Monster Shapeshift, "Monsters that shapeshift are considered in play, and may not spawn, as long as one of their forms are on the dungeon map."

April 15th, 2015, 9:05 am
Bottle Cap

Q: Does Backlash now work if the defender rolls the same number of stars as the attacker? Technically they 'won' the roll (page 17, classic)

Q: Can Traps trigger backlash? Can traps heal status effects on Consul models if they roll hearts?

Q: Never Lost Cola gives the Luck ability to it's master. If the pet gets the final hit on a Boo Booty, do the effects of Luck still apply?

Q: Can a Pet be placed back into the backpack voluntarily? Can owned Pets be freely traded between heroes during Power Up?

Q: Where do Creeps spawn (if at all) after the Spawn Point on a tile has been destroyed? (For example by taking the explore action on a cleared tile)

Q: Do treasure chests block movement?

Q: Can models with Fly/Burrow no longer move through enemy models?

Q: Can Consul models no longer benefit from 2 or more simultaneous Scalewalls? (Ironscale +1def aura)

April 15th, 2015, 11:09 am
Moderator Ninja

Just because you know where things are and I know where things are does not mean that they shouldn't be answered in an FAQ....

April 15th, 2015, 11:13 am
Dungeon Boss

Q. Does the Stealth Aura of the Salt Pillar spawn point provide Stealth to the Salt Pillar itself?

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

April 15th, 2015, 1:05 pm
Bottle Cap

Q: [Arcade mode] How do you apply wounds with a burst effect? If the burst hits an elite, do the minions still soak up the wounds? If a burst hits elite and minions, do you remove wounds from elite first (provided the minions don't soak up the wounds) and then minions?

April 15th, 2015, 4:06 pm
Bottle Cap

davethebabe wrote:
Q: [Arcade mode] How do you apply wounds with a burst effect? If the burst hits an elite, do the minions still soak up the wounds? If a burst hits elite and minions, do you remove wounds from elite first (provided the minions don't soak up the wounds) and then minions?

Page 21. "Expendable is not used when an elite is affected by an area effect." Basically for burst and other AOE you allocate hits in the same way as classic, bonded minions cannot soak up the damage.

April 15th, 2015, 4:16 pm
Bottle Cap

fairyfish wrote:
davethebabe wrote:

Page 21. "Expendable is not used when an elite is affected by an area effect." Basically for burst and other AOE you allocate hits in the same way as classic, bonded minions cannot soak up the damage.

Ah, I knew I missed something. Thanks!

April 15th, 2015, 5:28 pm
Minion

Q. If a monster in Arcade cannot move close enough to be in range of the hero with the most Wrath, will it still completely ignore other heroes when moving, ending up in a position where it can't attack, or should it "stop short" and attack a different hero?

Q. Some monsters in Arcade have special actions with a shorter range than their normal range, e.g. Chaos Kitty's Wave 2 action and normal range of 3. Will such monsters stop when within their standard attack range, or will they continue to move until their target is within range of all special actions as well?

Q. If a monster has a special area effect such as Lance, and is already in range of the hero with the most Wrath but unable to hit that hero with its special action, will it "sidestep" to put that hero in range?

April 16th, 2015, 5:04 am
Mini-Boss

Great! Here is one more to add.

Q: How many potions does a hero in Arcade mode start with on their card. (In classic all heroes start with 1, even if they can carry more, but I have not found anything in the Arcade rulebook about this)

EDIT: How about a couple more?

Q: If a bonepile counter is raised, does that newly raised model get to perform an action? This would be for Classic and Arcade Mode. In Arcade Mode it would be good to know if a unique action was drawn, and the Necromancer raised a bunch of bonepiles. If he raised Dust Mages, would they get to use their raise command too? I house ruled that they do, since it's kind of cool to see the chain reaction of skeletons rising again.

Q: The Nether Assassin's Potion Nether Ash in Arcade Mode. If you have monsters attacking a hero at their maximum range (and none are adjacent) and you use this potion, does that mean they all miss? The potion gives you stealth, so it will reduce all ranges by 3. If a monster only has a range of 3 or 4, that makes it 1. If monsters have already moved and are ready to attack, I don't think they can move again. I house ruled it like above, making it a VERY useful potion when surrounded.

Last edited by eternaldream on April 23rd, 2015, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 20th, 2015, 7:09 pm
Minion

Q: In arcade mode, with shadow- mode candy, when she uses her "teleport" ability, and the hero with the most wrath is completely surrounded, where does she teleport to? does she teleport to the hero next in line with the most wrat, or does she teleport as close to her target as possible...?

Q: When a mini boss in play on an undisturbed tile, does it continue to move as if it were disturbed, or does it remain until disturbed again?

April 22nd, 2015, 2:30 pm
Denizen

Q: How does the Deeproot Wolf Rider's potion, "Glimmerberry Juice", work in Arcade mode?

And answered in KS update 92;
"Arcade: Decrease STR of target enemy model's action by 2."

Last edited by DungeonCrawler on May 1st, 2015, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2015, 4:59 am
Denizen

eternaldream wrote:
Q: How many potions does a hero in Arcade mode start with on their card. (In classic all heroes start with 1, even if they can carry more, but I have not found anything in the Arcade rulebook about this)

Arcade mode rules, Page 7, Section 11, under the heading "Time to explore", it says "Place one potion token on each Hero's game card."

April 25th, 2015, 5:05 am
Denizen

If a hero with Luck successfully uses the Pick Lock basic action does he draw 4 treasure cards (shuffling 2 back into the deck)?
I would say yes, but would like clarification.

And,
Do Creeps benefit from the Mighty Monster Chart?
From RAW I would say no, but again clarification would be good.

April 27th, 2015, 7:43 am
Denizen

I've seen this asked elsewhere on the forums/KS comments but thought I'd repost here so it doesn't get missed (couldn't see it in above list);

Q How does the ability "Feint" (monster forced to reroll highest die on defense roll) work in arcade mode?

"Arcade: Reduce ARM by 1 star."

Last edited by DungeonCrawler on May 1st, 2015, 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

April 29th, 2015, 10:43 am
Mini-Boss

Q: Generally, in Arcade mode, if a disturbed monster is moved in any way onto an undisturbed tile, will it stop executing command cards?

after another quick game her I am, answering my own question SDE style
A: Since the monster isn't on a disturbed tile anymore, it won't execute commands. Same should btw go for tiles that were disturbed, but aren't anymore (for example, heroes step from tile 1 to tile 2, next one (tile 3) is disturbed. Hero goes back to old tile (1), tile 3 isn't disturbed anymore

Last edited by Xris Wraith on May 8th, 2015, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2015, 6:20 pm
Mini-Boss

For organization purposes, maybe better create sub foruns related to classic rules and arcade rules (and legends in the future)

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

May 4th, 2015, 10:42 am
Denizen

DungeonCrawler wrote:
I've seen this asked elsewhere on the forums/KS comments but thought I'd repost here so it doesn't get missed (couldn't see it in above list);

Q How does the ability "Feint" (monster forced to reroll highest die on defense roll) work in arcade mode?

"Arcade: Reduce ARM by 1 star."

Is there an up to date errata with this change?

Getting tired of having to keep an eye on multiple spots for rules.

May 5th, 2015, 1:20 pm
Bottle Cap

Isn't the Deeproot Treant hero card missing a range icon for the Overgrowth offensive action (I think it's STR, but still...)

May 6th, 2015, 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next