View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 1:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Frequently Asked Questions! 
Dungeon Boss

JRegad wrote:
Isn't the Deeproot Treant hero card missing a range icon for the Overgrowth offensive action (I think it's STR, but still...)

Probably WILL, as that's the stat used for Trent, the mini-boss.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

May 6th, 2015, 3:13 pm
Minion

For those who haven't seen it already:

http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/upl ... 7-2015.pdf

May 6th, 2015, 3:20 pm
Bottle Cap

That's the old one. It has been errated
http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/SDE-FK-FAQ-2015.pdf

@Daemonforge
Nice catch
TY.

May 6th, 2015, 3:35 pm
Dungeon Boss

JRegad wrote:
That's the old one. It has been errated
http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/SDE-FK-FAQ-2015.pdf

@Daemonforge
Nice catch
TY.

No problem!

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

May 6th, 2015, 3:47 pm
Mini-Boss

Here are a couple more that came up with some more games I've played:

Q: In regards to the Burrow ability, do the edges of the tiles count as "walls" allowing the model to pass through them? Or are the walls only considered to be the black bordered lines within a tile?

What this could mean is a hero with the King's Map could potentially stand on the edge of one tile, pop into the second tile and shoot some monsters, then pop back into the first tile. The monsters would have to take the long ways to get around them. If the dungeon was laid out in a square, they could stand in the middle and just run from all the monsters. It could potentially be broken if that was the case. I personally think it should only apply to the walls within a tile, so all models have to take the 2 tile doorway between tiles.

Q: Do basic actions (such as retrieve, bandage, vigor, etc.) give a hero threat? Is a hero allowed to use a basic action that will do nothing (such as using vigor if they have no status effects) just to gain threat?

So this had me thinking too. Say a hero grabs a dungeon key or Princess coin. Do they gain threat for that? Also I've run into instances, especially against bosses, where there are no minions. This means it's difficult to gain more threat. If a hero wants to draw aggro from the boss, it would be neat if they could basically waste their actions just to get threat. Heck, maybe they could add another basic action called "Taunt" which costs an action point but raises your threat by 1.

May 8th, 2015, 1:29 am
Minion

Q: In arcade mode, when a monster with "bone pile" is killed and becomes a bone pile, and a spawn card is drawn, what takes precedence, i.e. do the models with bone pile respawn or do they remain as bone piles? If they DO respawn, what happens to the bone piles? do they disappear? do they remain on the field? Also, what takes precedence for bone piles should multiple different bone pile models be available?

May 8th, 2015, 4:42 am
Minion

eternaldream wrote:
Here are a couple more that came up with some more games I've played:

Q: In regards to the Burrow ability, do the edges of the tiles count as "walls" allowing the model to pass through them? Or are the walls only considered to be the black bordered lines within a tile?

What this could mean is a hero with the King's Map could potentially stand on the edge of one tile, pop into the second tile and shoot some monsters, then pop back into the first tile. The monsters would have to take the long ways to get around them. If the dungeon was laid out in a square, they could stand in the middle and just run from all the monsters. It could potentially be broken if that was the case. I personally think it should only apply to the walls within a tile, so all models have to take the 2 tile doorway between tiles.

Q: Do basic actions (such as retrieve, bandage, vigor, etc.) give a hero threat? Is a hero allowed to use a basic action that will do nothing (such as using vigor if they have no status effects) just to gain threat?

So this had me thinking too. Say a hero grabs a dungeon key or Princess coin. Do they gain threat for that? Also I've run into instances, especially against bosses, where there are no minions. This means it's difficult to gain more threat. If a hero wants to draw aggro from the boss, it would be neat if they could basically waste their actions just to get threat. Heck, maybe they could add another basic action called "Taunt" which costs an action point but raises your threat by 1.

One way to get wrath is to use support potions from other heroes. Whomever uses the potion gains wrath, not the person whom the potion belongs to. Also a neat trick to shufle priority duing consul phase is emergency potions. Deeproot scout has a wonderful potion that'll double your wrath due to it being a potion AND a healing ability.

It's the little things.

May 8th, 2015, 4:46 am
Mini-Boss

I don't agree.
One thing that gives you wrath is "Successfully using a support action" which is any blue button action targeting the heroes. Which in turn includes the basic actions. I would conclude that you can't heal non-existent wounds nor remove non-existent status effects.
But you could explore at least once.

May 8th, 2015, 4:59 pm
Bottle Cap

Q: Does Ice prevent use the Signature Actions in Arcade mode? We found that this alone simple cripples Mini-Bosses and Bosses.

May 14th, 2015, 7:44 am
Denizen

Q: Why does Princess Emerald's Emergency Potion give Surefoot? AFAIK It's removed during the character's next upkeep so it's never used.

Q. How many bone piles do I get per shallow grave spawning set? The Bone Pile ability makes it clear they are limited. I'm assuming 6 based on the previous rules.

Last edited by fen on May 14th, 2015, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 14th, 2015, 3:43 pm
Dungeon Boss

fen wrote:
Q: Why does Princess Emerald's Emergency Potion give Surefoot? AFAIK It's removed during the character's next upkeep so it's never used.

Cause you can use the potion at any point in either sides turn, so you can use it to Heal 2 and give Surefoot during your own activation, or use it to emergency Heal 2 during the Consul's activation.

May 14th, 2015, 4:07 pm
Mini-Boss

fen wrote:
Q. How many bone piles do I get per shallow grave spawning set? The Bone Pile ability makes it clear they are limited. I'm assuming 6 based on the previous rules.

You're right, 6 came in the set.

May 15th, 2015, 1:50 am
Mini-Boss

Q Are the boss fight cards used in Arcade? How is a timeout worked out in Arcade? In Classic mode you spawn several skulls of monsters, is there something similar in Arcade?

May 26th, 2015, 11:05 am
Dungeon Boss

Xris Wraith wrote:
Q Are the boss fight cards used in Arcade? How is a timeout worked out in Arcade? In Classic mode you spawn several skulls of monsters, is there something similar in Arcade?

There is no timeouts in Arcade; Deke answered this on the Kickstarter comments a while back.

May 26th, 2015, 11:26 am
Denizen

Daemonforge wrote:
Xris Wraith wrote:

There is no timeouts in Arcade; Deke answered this on the Kickstarter comments a while back.

'cause you know, that's a valid place for rules to be disseminated...

May 26th, 2015, 12:08 pm
Ninja Corps

nxumdon wrote:
Daemonforge wrote:
Xris Wraith wrote:

'cause you know, that's a valid place for rules to be disseminated...

Or there's nothing in the game anywhere that says the cards are used...and someone asked on kickstarter for a clarification of an already existing rule, and got it. Much like happened here just now. It's not a rule that was overlooked or forgot to be included or something. The way it's presented in the rulebook is the way it's played...so there was no errata "disseminated" through kickstarter or anything. Nothing was changed from the exact way it's written. Someone just wanted clarification. Are they supposed to draft a press release, go to face book, tumblr, twitter and here every time someone, anywhere says "I'm not 100% sure on this..."?

May 26th, 2015, 4:19 pm
Mini-Boss

I think it's very sad there is no timeout in Arcade. It makes the boss fight into something special. Time for houseruling....

May 27th, 2015, 4:47 am
Minion

Xris Wraith wrote:
I think it's very sad there is no timeout in Arcade. It makes the boss fight into something special. Time for houseruling....

Oh, I've been doing that already with the mobile spawn point houserule: During timeout, the boss performs a full spawn from the spawn point he spawned from and telepots to within 10 squares of the hero with the most wrath. Least that's how I do it.

May 29th, 2015, 6:34 pm
Bottle Cap

I think I missed this in the classic rules somewhere but at what point is it safe to spawn 16 bit critters? I know you spawn all 8 bit monsters at the beginning and the 32 bit (super) monsters usually are mini bosses and bosses and come in when a spawn point is trashed, but some how I missed spawning 16 bit baddies.

June 1st, 2015, 9:18 pm
Ninja Corps

darkwolfie wrote:
I think I missed this in the classic rules somewhere but at what point is it safe to spawn 16 bit critters? I know you spawn all 8 bit monsters at the beginning and the 32 bit (super) monsters usually are mini bosses and bosses and come in when a spawn point is trashed, but some how I missed spawning 16 bit baddies.

the "free spawn" at the beginning (i use quotes, because it's not really a spawn, it's just part of the setup) only lets you play 8 bit monsters. Any actual spawn after that spawns all the monsters available in the spawn pool, up to the amount printed on the spawn point card. So, there is no special mile marker that has to be reached for 16 bit monsters other than taking an actual spawn turn.

June 1st, 2015, 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next